Patrick van Aanholt

magic weeds

Youngsters Tomas Kalas and Patrick van Aanholt have today completed their loan deals returning them to Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem for the duration of the 2012/13 campaign.

Both players were temporarily with the Eredivisie side last term. Czech Under 21 international Kalas 19, made 29 league appearances over the course of the season, while Dutchman Van Aanholt, 21, scored once in nine games having also spent time with Wigan Athletic during late 2011.

Before departing for Holland, Kalas also signed a contract extension with Chelsea committing him to the club until the summer of 2017.

Source: Chelsea FC

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Ryan at the Olympics, it would have made sense to give PVA this pre season to rotate with Cole, atleast then we would have known beyond reasonable doubt if he still had a chance here or not.

With Ryan at the Olympics, it would have made sense to give PVA this pre season to rotate with Cole, atleast then we would have known beyond reasonable doubt if he still had a chance here or not.

Yep, but instead we play Ferreira @ the LB position :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

How is he progressing this season? Because unless his defending side has drastically improved the i don't want him here even as a backup, would rather take a punt on Deen-Conteh whereever he has disappeared too.

How is he progressing this season? Because unless his defending side has drastically improved the i don't want him here even as a backup, would rather take a punt on Deen-Conteh whereever he has disappeared too.

He's been doing very well, he is their starting LB week-in week-out after Butner joined Manchester United.

Should Cole leave, we'd miss him a lot but we'd have two very capable LBs in Bertrand and PvA.

• 1 month later...

How has he been doing? Rumor is we're after Luke Shaw (great player) but is only 17. Ideally we will keep Cole but if we really let him go then recalling would be a good shout. It would be good to show faith to a homegrown player for a change. He is 22 and normally impresses me when he play. If he is ever going to want a chance to prove himself this would be it.

How has he been doing? Rumor is we're after Luke Shaw (great player) but is only 17. Ideally we will keep Cole but if we really let him go then recalling would be a good shout. It would be good to show faith to a homegrown player for a change. He is 22 and normally impresses me when he play. If he is ever going to want a chance to prove himself this would be it.

He is regular starter for vitesse who are doing extremely well at the moment.I think his team have the best defensive record this season as well.PVA is really good going forward as well so he would be better suited to play as a defensive winger if needed then bertrand or ramires.

He is regular starter for vitesse who are doing extremely well at the moment.I think his team have the best defensive record this season as well.PVA is really good going forward as well so he would be better suited to play as a defensive winger if needed then bertrand or ramires.

IMHO PvA has always had the potential. That was shown under Don Carlo's reign. He gave the lad a lot of experience w/ bringing him on the First team so often. I wouldn't be surprised if PSG go after the lad.

IMHO PvA has always had the potential. That was shown under Don Carlo's reign. He gave the lad a lot of experience w/ bringing him on the First team so often. I wouldn't be surprised if PSG go after the lad.

I am very sure PSG will go for Cole instead of PVA.

• 5 weeks later...

Chelsea scout de Vissier on PVA:

"Under the previous Vitesse coach, John van den Brom last season, Van Aanholt had no chance", De Visser told Dutch daily De Telegraaf.

"Now Patrick has the confidence of Fred Rutten and we will see how quickly he can develop. I said to Patrick recently to focus on football and then there will be quicker progress. How he is and his speed along the flanks, it is fantastic.

"If Patrick continues in this way, he could return to Chelsea faster than people think.

"That his name is mentioned in connection with the Oranje I can understand. Van Aanholt is not worse than Alexander Buttner or Jetro Willems. And he is faster than Erik Pieters.

"But lets not be too hasty. Allow Patrick first to finish the current season well."

• 4 weeks later...