Patrick van Aanholt

magic weeds

Reserve team left-back Patrick van Aanholt has today joined Championship leaders Newcastle United on loan until February 28.

The Dutch Under 21 international spent the first half of the season on loan at Coventry City, making 20 appearances for the Sky Blues. He was also an unused sub for our game at Preston North End last weekend.

The 19-year-old is in his third year at Chelsea having arrived from PSV Eindhoven. Tall and fast, he is a technically accomplished defender who immediately established himself in the reserves upon arrival at the club in 2007.

Source: Chelseafc

Edited by EskWeston

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good move for him if he can get the playing time there, that is why the loan is for such a short period so if it doesn't workout there he can go somewhere else. I am sure he will be able to earn himself a regular starting place there and continue to improve with every step that he takes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Name: Van Aanholt

Position: Left Back

Joined From: Feyenoord (Youth Team)

Fee: n/a

Signed by: Frank Arnesen

s1432u.jpg

the tall, fast and technically accomplished defender immediately established himself in the reserves where he was the third highest appearance maker in 2007/08 with 14+1 games, mostly at left-back, demonstrating an ability to rocket in the odd long-range goal.

Excellent to see another academy youngster get his debut, thats 4 for the season now.....

PVA is a quality left back and i would be happy for him to get plenty more minutes, will be interesting in the summer with Bertrand back as well where we go with the left back position.

I really hope the likes of Van Aanholt, Bruma, Stoch and the other youngsters get a chance next season. I think it is great that we are seeing these young lads coming through and pushing our established first team players for there starting places, I think the young blood coming through along with 1 or 2 signings in the summer will help us improve next season.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...