Patrick van Aanholt

magic weeds

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was MOTM today, had an amazing game. Attacking wise he's so ahead of all our other LBs it's crazy.

If you ask PvA, he will tell you that Ashley Cole provided him w/ some inspiration & wisdom. Seriously, we have two prospect like this because of Cole's Hard Work Ethic. We need to sign Cole up as a Coach.

• 2 months later...

Chelsea defender Patrick van Aanholt is hoping that he can make his mark at Stamford Bridge after completing an impressive campaign on loan at Vitesse Arnhem, who finished fourth in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Van Aanholt spoke to NuSport about his hopes for the future and his time at Vitesse:

“I move on with a good feeling.

“I have had a good season and just have to wait and see. A new coach, new chances.

“I have to be there on July 1 and then we have to wait. It depends whether the new coach believes in my qualities.

“If that doesn’t work out, I will go out on loan again.”

Source: Sky Sports

I do think we should give PVA another loan but only if he wants it too.

I agree, I think another crack at the England in the PL after the fails of Wigan and Leicester. In the market for a long term LB as Cole's probably leaving summer '14, and after the season's PVA has had I think he should still be seen as an option. But then I wouldn't blame him if he wants to stay where he's clearly comfortable in his native country.

Isn't he something like 22-23?

Yeah, you can have a minimum of 3 players over the average age I think. Also regarding your question about Mata, he represented Spain U21 in 2011 in Denmark.