Patrick van Aanholt

magic weeds

LDN Blue gave a very good overview on both Billy Clifford and Todd Kane, i would add to that though that i am not 100% sure that Clifford's future lies at right back, when he is played in midfield he can be an absolute demon dominating game and showing some immense skill. Both are top quality players, Billy in all probability will go on loan this season. Todd Kane will not but will feature heavily for the reserves.

At the moment we do not have a lot of wingers especially with Tore and Sala sold in the summer.

Cheers, perhaps an area we need to work on? We already have Bertrand in the first team that will hopefully get amongst the starts this season & have Kakuta & PVA who also are not too far away from first team action (successful loan spell permitting) yet as you state we sold young players that are of the same ilk & age leaving us short of quality coming through, especially from predominately right footed players.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

He was Wigan's man of the match in the game against Everton and is selected for Holland U-21 again after having a conflict with the coach. Hopefully he will soon be in the National Squad

PvA seems to be on-track to represent the Holland national team, just like fellow Chelsea youngster Jeffrey Bruma (currently on-loan at Hamburg) who made his full debut last season.

Just what Van Aanholt needs, a loan to a lower premier league club to gain vital match experience. He'll do well at Wigan I think. But when he does come back to Chelsea, and thinking about the future, will he be sticking round a long time with Bertrand on our books?. Surely Bertrand has higher potential and is a better prospect to replace Ashley when he hangs up his boots. I can't see Van Aanholt hacking it in the long run to be honest

Can anyone tell me if he's been any good at Wigan?, i saw the last match for Wigan, highlights only, he didn't mark Darren Bent very well and allowed him to score, not a nice thing to see, but the other centre back was at fault also.

Can anyone tell me if he's been any good at Wigan?, i saw the last match for Wigan, highlights only, he didn't mark Darren Bent very well and allowed him to score, not a nice thing to see, but the other centre back was at fault also.

Im in a elite few to have a Wigan fan as mate and he said he is very impressed so far but he did make a few mistakes at Villa Park but his display's before that especially at Everton were very good.

Im in a elite few to have a Wigan fan as mate and he said he is very impressed so far but he did make a few mistakes at Villa Park but his display's before that especially at Everton were very good.

Lets be honest, at his age and stage in development he is going to make mistakes. The idea is for him to learn from them away from Chelsea, he is doing very good for himself, if he continues to get played through the season he will be miles better off for it.

Lets be honest, at his age and stage in development he is going to make mistakes. The idea is for him to learn from them away from Chelsea, he is doing very good for himself, if he continues to get played through the season he will be miles better off for it.

Dont get me wrong mate im not critisising him just repeating what my mate said :)