The England Thread

LDN Blue

Went to the game today, was confident of a really good devastating performance against what is a pretty poor welsh team in reality. English football has been on the up since the world cup, young players have come in and we've looked to have a lot more energy and pace and creativity but today was back to the old slow, shit, lack of tempo bollocks we saw a year ago. Rooney did nothing, Milner... what was he even doing there? Barry.... i mean what the fuck. Lampard was there simply to be stable, settle things down and pass the ball so why have Milner and Barry there? i don't get Capello. If you're gonna have 2 up front or one off the striker, chose 2 strikers. You need two quick wingers out wide like Walcott and Young, Downing, SWP etc not Milner ffs. He looked so lost, he didn't even know what to do half the time. I was sat there not really knowing who was playing where. Rooney kept drifting, he played more like a holding midfielder and once he was at left back. Downing, Milner, Young, Who was where? Meh what a load of shit that was. It's about time he worked out his best team and stuck by it. You need Rooney behind a Defoe/Bent and you need 2 out of Young/Downing/Lennon/Walcott/SWP out wide. Players have to play in their favoured positions. He really needs to learn his best team and hurry up.

Positives = We're through pretty much.

Capello got his tactics spot on in Bulgaria and hopelessly wrong against Wales. It was obvious he needed to play a target man, I'd have played the Christmas Tree for interchangeability amongst the front three:

Hart

Smalling - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Lampard - Barry - Downing

Rooney - Young

Carroll

Also, we lost all cohesion as soon as Lampard went off, just saying.

Also, we lost all cohesion as soon as Lampard went off, just saying.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that...The moment he left, they had all kinds of chances to equalize.

Till then, I thought England started the 2nd half brightly, with Lampard spraying more quick forward passes. Whether that was short-lived only time will tell...

But I have a feeling that English fans in general, and a lot of the Chelsea fans themselves have run out of patience for Frank....Glad to see that he's fighting for an international spot (of course, there's the upcoming Euro) instead of bowing out easily

As an England fan..

I don't personally like the midfield trio of Lampard - Barry - Milner. Even though Milner had, what I'd like to call, his best game in an England shirt, I still don't rate him that highly as a player that should be starting. Still a good player though. Personally I'd love this to work,

Lampard - Wilshere - Gerrard

Rooney - Young

Carroll

That being said. Lampard's (although he can make an awesome come back) position will come under much scrutiny. However I could not see the combination Cleverly - Wilshere - Gerrard working. Maybe Henderson could come in, but again it looks shaky.

I geuinely don't think England have a player who's ready to step up in Lampard's position once Wilshere and Gerrard come back. But who knows.. Cleverly could prove me wrong.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that...The moment he left, they had all kinds of chances to equalize.

Till then, I thought England started the 2nd half brightly, with Lampard spraying more quick forward passes. Whether that was short-lived only time will tell...

But I have a feeling that English fans in general, and a lot of the Chelsea fans themselves have run out of patience for Frank....Glad to see that he's fighting for an international spot (of course, there's the upcoming Euro) instead of bowing out easily

As a massive Lampard fan I am normally highly critical of him in terms of his performance, whether good or bad. Yesterday I thought he was okay, nothing spectacular but he certainly did more than either Milner or Young.

If he'd have netted that beauty he'd probably have been named MOTM, as far as I'm concerned.

we've had our hopes raised so often in the past only for them to crash in flames .. The appointment of the next coach will be vital . ATM

just can't see who it will be . If some get their way and insist on English it limits our choice considerably

I didnt expect the crash to happen so soon after the Bulgaria game . Never mind lets blame Lampard despite the fact we were EVEN WORSE

AFTER HE WAS SUBBED,

Funny how after Bulgaria all off a sudden the future looks bright.

Sad thing is England will probally with comftably in Montenegro then all off a sudden the hype come May will be the same as the all the other tournaments i can see it now, "Capello has finally got it right", "Joe Harts as good as any keeper in the world", "Chris Smalling is the new Cafu", "Cleverly will outshine Iniesta", then England will sneak through the groupstages by the skin of their teeth come up against Portugal, Spain or Germany lose 4-1, be doom and gloom for the next 6 months until the boom gets hit in 2013 then all off sudden England will have the best players in the world again just intime for Brazil 2014.

Got no passion for the Natinal team anymore and haven't since Sven left, even in the WC i wasn't that bothered, i was in a club for the Algeria match with everyone kicking and screaming and i was sitting there, trying to act interested.

The sooner crapello fucks off the better in my opinion.

Doubt it bothers him much how we do he's off after Euros..yesterday was the normal England,Bulgaria was a one off really..to give false hope that maybe if we play some random sides we might have a chance until we're brought back down to earth and all

Doubt it bothers him much how we do he's off after Euros..yesterday was the normal England,Bulgaria was a one off really..to give false hope that maybe if we play some random sides we might have a chance until we're brought back down to earth and all

He should've been promptly sacked after the World Cup.