Daniele de Rossi

the wes

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but if we can sell him for £13-£16m as reported, why shouldn't we? If we sign De Rossi for the same, it is basically a straight swap between Mikel and De Rossi which even the dumbest Chelsea fan would have to agree with. He won't ever get any better, now because he just signed a new long term contract and had an OK tournament with Nigeria, teams will actually be interested in him. From there on they won't ever be again if he is warming the bench for De Rossi, Van Ginkel, Ramires next season. Not to forget we still have Essien who now no body want because of his past injury problems.

Have you ever heard of squad depth? It isn't basically a straight swap between De Rossi and Mikel at all. It's common sense that if you want to compete on all fronts that you need a large squad with good players who can come in and perform well.

Jose said he's waiting for 6 players to come back and obviously Mikel is part of those 6 players. If you're looking to get rid of a midfielder you'd get rid of Essien before selling Mikel. We don't need £10m/£15m. We're not a small club.

It's also not out of the question to actually play a Mikel - De Rossi pivot.

that would be useful against the likes of bayern, barca etc who like to control possession. much like robbie did last year with mikel - meireles - ramires - lampard

Have you ever heard of squad depth? It isn't basically a straight swap between De Rossi and Mikel at all. It's common sense that if you want to compete on all fronts that you need a large squad with good players who can come in and perform well.

Jose said he's waiting for 6 players to come back and obviously Mikel is part of those 6 players. If you're looking to get rid of a midfielder you'd get rid of Essien before selling Mikel. We don't need £10m/£15m. We're not a small club.

Essien, Lampard, Van Ginkel, Ramires, De Rossi, Chalobah, McEachran.

Possibly Oscar and Luiz.

Mikel still has value if we sold him, Essien probably doesn't but he can probably give us two more seasons of service whilst the likes of Nat develop. As for the price, £15 million is two Azpis, one Lukaku or the combined cost of Courtois, De Bruyne and Kalas.

that would be useful against the likes of bayern, barca etc who like to control possession. much like robbie did last year with mikel - meireles - ramires - lampard

We shud go 4-3-3 with the likes of Bayern as it gives us more cover at the back

Essien, Lampard, Van Ginkel, Ramires, De Rossi, Chalobah, McEachran.

Possibly Oscar and Luiz.

Mikel still has value if we sold him, Essien probably doesn't but he can probably give us two more seasons of service whilst the likes of Nat develop. As for the price, £15 million is two Azpis, one Lukaku or the combined cost of Courtois, De Bruyne and Kalas.

Do we need £15m though? Do we need to sell in order to buy? No. There's no point in reducing the quality in midfield when we don't need the money to reinvest into another player.

If you're looking to obtain some cash then just look at the Cavani case; if rumours are correct we were going to spend at least £40m on Cavani. The money saved from that can be used to bring in more players.

Do we need £15m though? Do we need to sell in order to buy? No. There's no point in reducing the quality in midfield when we don't need the money to reinvest into another player.

If you're looking to obtain some cash then just look at the Cavani case; if rumours are correct we were going to spend at least £40m on Cavani. The money saved from that can be used to bring in more players.

Does selling Mikel reduce the quality in midfield? Essien is back, Chalobah is back and we've signed Van Ginkel and possibly De Rossi. To me, that midfield is massively better simply through the acquisition of De Rossi and the coaching of Mourinho.

At the moment I'd have four players ahead of him (Lamps, Essien, De Rossi, Ramires), plus I'd still want Nat and Van Ginkel to get time to learn their trade. Add in Loftus-Cheek in League Cup games and I'm not entirely sure where Mikel fits.

Does selling Mikel reduce the quality in midfield? Essien is back, Chalobah is back and we've signed Van Ginkel and possibly De Rossi. To me, that midfield is massively better simply through the acquisition of De Rossi and the coaching of Mourinho.

At the moment I'd have four players ahead of him (Lamps, Essien, De Rossi, Ramires), plus I'd still want Nat and Van Ginkel to get time to learn their trade. Add in Loftus-Cheek in League Cup games and I'm not entirely sure where Mikel fits.

I think that in the actual DM spot mikel would be behind de rossi and nobody else. He's alot better than essien in his role, is better than chalobah (who i think would benefit from guarenteed consistent games somewhere else) and is a whole lot better than lamps defensively who tends to leave us exposed sometimes. and ramires more attacking and making him hold would take away his best aspect with his speed.

I am one who thinks that we need one midfielder holding so mikel and de rossi would easily be the best two for that position for us. That's why it would be reducing the quality of our midfield. Yes, it has improved this summer so far, but selling mikel would reduce it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You