Daniele de Rossi

the wes

So sorry for sounding like an over-emotional lying prick, but genuinely right now - I will literally cry if we sign De Rossi. Like cry absolute shit loads. He's in my top 10 players of all time and was the first player I ever properly met (well, aside from some crap player for Livingston in Scotland.)

I know we wouldn't exactly be signing an in-prime Totti, but a still very good De Rossi is just as good to me.

For some reason though I just can't see us getting him. I think these stories are just journalists putting 2 and 2 to together (is that the saying?). I hope i'm wrong. Rarely have I seen such a passionate and committed player. Players like himself, Del Piero, Totti (if you're not Choulo :D ) etc. are the sort of players that are dying out fast but are still needed in the game in my opinion. There's something special about Italian players. I want him here so bad.

I'd take him even if both his legs got cut off.

Graham Dorrans before he made it big :Goober: ?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope we can get him, I think Jose will get the best out of him. Also he's versatile in the way that he can pass good long balls as well has hold down the midfield and stop counters.

#ASRoma President James Palotta & GM Baldini were in London on Wednesday to discuss the potential sale of De Rossi to Chelsea #CFC (Express)

Chelsea could make a €24m bid for #ASRoma midfielder Daniele De Rossi with Real Madrid also interested #CFC #RMCF (Gazzetta dello Sport)

* Not sure whether this was posted or not.

I honestly hope this doesn't happen, because it would only strengthen the rumors of Luiz moving to Barca or Napoli ... ... and Luiz is better than De Rossi!

There's really no connection between Luiz leaving and DR coming IMO.

And DR is much better in DM probably and he's got like 2-3 good years, while Luiz is a promising CB with many more years to improve and become a beast.

There's really no connection between Luiz leaving and DR coming IMO.

And DR is much better in DM probably and he's got like 2-3 good years, while Luiz is a promising CB with many more years to improve and become a beast.

Not sure if I agree with that or not! I think Luiz is a workhorse in DM, and can do good if not better in that position than DR can ... scores exceptional goals from there as well, just look at the ones against Fulham and Basel as examples!

And let's not forget... he enjoys his football and is one of the happiest football players in the Premier League..

Italian midfielders struggle in the BPL (in 'this' generation anyway.. I know RDM and Zola were gods back in the 90s), but just have a look at how Aquilani faired for the bindippers!

Not sure if I agree with that or not! I think Luiz is a workhorse in DM, and can do good if not better in that position than DR can ... scores exceptional goals from there as well, just look at the ones against Fulham and Basel as examples!

And let's not forget... he enjoys his football and is one of the happiest football players in the Premier League..

Italian midfielders struggle in the BPL (in 'this' generation anyway.. I know RDM and Zola were gods back in the 90s), but just have a look at how Aquilani faired for the bindippers!

I dunno I cant remember Luiz being so good in a game against a team like United, Everton, City, Arsenal ...

He's very good there against lower side teams because he can run freely and join the attack, he also manages to defend well.

But I feel that DR will bring something else to our game, more domination, control, power, experience..

De Rossi would be an amazing signing, he is just what we need in midfield, and if we sign him and once he settles and learns to speak good English (if he cant already) then i could see Jose making him Captain as well.

He was actually playing CB for that goal if I'm not mistaken.

Also, the greatest thing about having De Rossi in midfield is that it allows us to release Luiz as an unorthodox, auxiliary attacking weapon from CB, which is really a bonus to the whole team as it gives opposition one more threat to look after - which in turn opens and frees up more space for the likes of Mata, Hazard, Oscar and whoever is playing up front. Luiz can go forward with more ease as De Rossi will be adequately able to fill in when he goes on one of his adventures.

I think De Rossi would also compliments Oscar (who's future I see in the pivot) well in the pivot and adds much needed grit in our midfield.

I'd be all for this signing if we got him for a decent price.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You