Daniele de Rossi

the wes

De Rossi needs a new challenge. He's become too comfortable at Roma being the highest earner in Serie A. A new challenge, in a new league working under Mourinho I think would bring that spark back into his game which he still does show when playing for Italy.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth would be sing a 30 year old jerk for 20-25 million poudns?

He is a great player, but he is also a moron. Would be really expensive to buy him and pay his big salary.

We wouldn't. We'd be signing him for £10-£12 million.

His wages are no more than what we were paying Malouda and even Benayoun.

We wouldn't. We'd be signing him for £10-£12 million.

His wages are no more than what we were paying Malouda and even Benayoun.

I am usually against signing player above 30, but all around midfielder is just extremely rare these days

Daniele de Rossi:

Pros:

• Ridiculously experienced at club and national level.
  • A born leader - something we have missed in our midfield since Michael Ballack left.
  • Very combative - something we lack without Essien/Makelele/Ballack in the centre of the pitch. He's an aggressive, dynamic player that would make Yaya Toure look like a little lame schoolboy.
  • Huge desire to win. Very passionate player, gives his all.
  • Versatile - not necessarily a brilliant defender, but he can do a job at centre-half, like Mascherano.
  • The transfer fee. £12m at most, most likely. Beats spending twice that on Fellaini, who isn't as good a player.

Cons:

• Age. He will probably have two-three years to give us at best, but within that period we will know whether Chalobah/RLC will be ready to step up.
  • Wages. He is one of the top earners in Serie A. €200,000 (£170,000) a week. But we have just offloaded Malouda (£85,000), Hilario (£10,000), Turnbull (£15,000) and Benayoun (£75,000). Plus, you can't see the club offering that much when Torres is our top earner, on about £140,000 a week. So - those wages will be lowered, and we'd be spending less than we were on dead wood.

He's not even 30 like people keep saying lol. Still in his 20's. Obviously not for much longer, but if we signed him soon enough, that "we don't buy 30+ year old players" point is irrelevant.

He's not even 30 like people keep saying lol. Still in his 20's. Obviously not for much longer, but if we signed him soon enough, that "we don't buy 30+ year old players" point is irrelevant.

He'll be 30 before he plays his first game for us.

He'll be 30 before he plays his first game for us.

But we played 30+ year olds this season. Terry, Lampard, Cech, Cole, Ferreira; and last season you could have added the likes of Drogba, Malouda etc. to that list.

The argument people use is "we no longer sign 30+ year olds" - and we wouldn't be if we signed De Rossi before his 30th birthday.

I don't think there's ever been a suggestion that we won't play with 30+ year olds if they're good enough, but some people seem to have this impression.

But we played 30+ year olds this season. Terry, Lampard, Cech, Cole, Ferreira; and last season you could have added the likes of Drogba, Malouda etc. to that list.

The argument people use is "we no longer sign 30+ year olds" - and we wouldn't be if we signed De Rossi before his 30th birthday.

I don't think there's ever been a suggestion that we won't play with 30+ year olds if they're good enough, but some people seem to have this impression.

It is not a big deal to me to be honest. Just wanted to point out that he'll actually be 30. I'd love for him to come here. With our team so young in some areas we could actually use someone like him.

It's not a case of us not buying 30 year olds specifically, but not buying players who don't have long-term value. It's certainly a big factor but it has to be considered alongside things like the transfer fee, wages and the availability of alternatives. Proper box-to-box midfielders are tough to come by so he has that in his favour, but he's not proven in this league and according to some he's not the player he once was.

Maybe we could tempt Roma into a swap deal for Mikel (a man I've never seen linked with a move away from this club).

De Rossi kicks ass and I would be really happy if we brought him. So what if he's 30? Obviously we shouldn't pay something crazy, but for a reasonable sum we should be looking to bring him. He is a big game player, a leader and someone who motivates people around him, and is definitely the man for our double pivot. Xabi Alonso is 31, and will be 32 in the following season really fast :rolleyes:

He wouldn't be my number 1 choice for the double pivot transfer, but definitely among top5.

So sorry for sounding like an over-emotional lying prick, but genuinely right now - I will literally cry if we sign De Rossi. Like cry absolute shit loads. He's in my top 10 players of all time and was the first player I ever properly met (well, aside from some crap player for Livingston in Scotland.)

I know we wouldn't exactly be signing an in-prime Totti, but a still very good De Rossi is just as good to me.

For some reason though I just can't see us getting him. I think these stories are just journalists putting 2 and 2 to together (is that the saying?). I hope i'm wrong. Rarely have I seen such a passionate and committed player. Players like himself, Del Piero, Totti (if you're not Choulo :D ) etc. are the sort of players that are dying out fast but are still needed in the game in my opinion. There's something special about Italian players. I want him here so bad.

I'd take him even if both his legs got cut off.

Daniele de Rossi:

Pros:

• Ridiculously experienced at club and national level.
  • A born leader - something we have missed in our midfield since Michael Ballack left.
  • Very combative - something we lack without Essien/Makelele/Ballack in the centre of the pitch. He's an aggressive, dynamic player that would make Yaya Toure look like a little lame schoolboy.
  • Huge desire to win. Very passionate player, gives his all.
  • Versatile - not necessarily a brilliant defender, but he can do a job at centre-half, like Mascherano.
  • The transfer fee. £12m at most, most likely. Beats spending twice that on Fellaini, who isn't as good a player.

Cons:

• Age. He will probably have two-three years to give us at best, but within that period we will know whether Chalobah/RLC will be ready to step up.
  • Wages. He is one of the top earners in Serie A. €200,000 (£170,000) a week. But we have just offloaded Malouda (£85,000), Hilario (£10,000), Turnbull (£15,000) and Benayoun (£75,000). Plus, you can't see the club offering that much when Torres is our top earner, on about £140,000 a week. So - those wages will be lowered, and we'd be spending less than we were on dead wood.

A few more cons:

- He's had a very bad season and there is absolutely no guarantee that he can return to having performances like he used to have a couple of seasons back.

- His game fits the Italian league perfectly in terms of slow build-up and a lot of tackling in midfield. He may not fit the fast pace of the PL.

- The transfer fee is actually 24m as being reported by Gazetta which is way too much for a 30yo.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You