Edin Dzeko

Milan

He looked promising at the start of the season , then a dip in form forced him out the team. Which he never got back in really , i agree with capriccioso that the money we would have to put up would not be worth the reward.

Just because city paid £27m for him doesnt mean he'll go for similar money. I can't see anyone stumping up more than £15m at the mo and considering the prices quoted for other strikers i think that is a good price.

City will now start to find the same problems we encountered, being paying over the odds and having to accept losses on player sales when and if they want to move players on. Teams used to capitalise on us, so why not explore such a possibility at city's expense.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because city paid £27m for him doesnt mean he'll go for similar money. I can't see anyone stumping up more than £15m at the mo and considering the prices quoted for other strikers i think that is a good price.

City will now start to find the same problems we encountered, being paying over the odds and having to accept losses on player sales when and if they want to move players on. Teams used to capitalise on us, so why not explore such a possibility at city's expense.

Its not because of how much city paid for him, its because they wont really want to sell him to another PL team.

Its not because of how much city paid for him, its because they wont really want to sell him to another PL team.

That would also depend on who wants him and where he's prepared to move.

I think it was Alex who said this here quite some time back:

Us and City signed the wrong players. We should have signed Dzeko and they should have signed Torres. Would have worked out much better.

Yeah I said that... I think all the way back in March 2011! Honestly think both players would really suit the opposite club!

Yeah I said that... I think all the way back in March 2011! Honestly think both players would really suit the opposite club!

I guess Dzeko would suite the way we play more than Torres , but now it looks like were going to build a team around Torres.

Dzeko was different class at Wolfsburg, has been hot and cold at City but I'd still take him as he is an improvement on Fernando Torres imo.

I would take Torres any day of the week over Dzeko.

I think this guy sums it up best:

Also to those saying he's been hot and cold, thats because rotation doesn't suit him. He's a confidence player who NEEDS TO PLAY. Despite everything, he still has an amazing record for the time he was given in the Prem.

If we buy striker please god, be the one who is in form. Dzeko is risk as Torres was and I dont want another striker, milions spend on and score once a month. I would take Falcao anyday, despite he would cost us much more. We need someone who IS NOW at best form, not someone who has potential to be great. We have enough potential powerful strikers in Danny and Torres, we need someone realy good in attack, like Falcao, Cavani, Doumbia, maybe Cisse or Giroud. But Falcao kills them all.

Well Falcao is in beast mode right now. Honestly he's the only one I rate above Dzeko at the moment. Edin just needs a run of 3-4 games to completely dismantle this league. I'm talking 25 goals plus. a season in the league alone

Well Falcao is in beast mode right now. Honestly he's the only one I rate above Dzeko at the moment. Edin just needs a run of 3-4 games to completely dismantle this league. I'm talking 25 goals plus. a season in the league alone

Falcao is in beast mode for last 3 years now. Scores 30+ goals a season. Yes Edin has potential to be better than RVP, but now he is just not playing. And why is he not playing if as you said can score every match? City paid 30 mio and for some reason they dont play him. Instead they played with Baloteli who is shit overall.

Falcao is in beast mode for last 3 years now. Scores 30+ goals a season. Yes Edin has potential to be better than RVP, but now he is just not playing. And why is he not playing if as you said can score every match? City paid 30 mio and for some reason they dont play him. Instead they played with Baloteli who is shit overall.

Ask Mancini why he's not playing. Look at his record, he scores when he's given a proper chance. 13 goals and 5 assists in 16 games (minute wise).

I have a theory Dzeko was a victim of the transfer market. City used him to attract better players to the club.

Raphael Honigstein mentioned there Dzeko likes it more when he plays with another striker. We don't exactly play with 2 strikers, do we? But can it work IF we play 4-2-3-1 with Mata just behind him??

Raphael Honigstein mentioned there Dzeko likes it more when he plays with another striker. We don't exactly play with 2 strikers, do we? But can it work IF we play 4-2-3-1 with Mata just behind him??

Why not? He played as a lone striker for a time in Wolfsburg and it worked great. Not to mention he plays as a lone striker for the NT quite often and he scores.

Just gotta feed him.

Why not? He played as a lone striker for a time in Wolfsburg and it worked great. Not to mention he plays as a lone striker for the NT quite often and he scores.

Just gotta feed him.

Didnt he played together with Grafite in WB?

But if we played Torres-Dzeko, wouldnt that be good too?

As you said Dzeko is playing good with another ST, while Torres needs constantly with someone to pass him, also he is good passer and unselfish. They could play together. But then we would play 4:4:2 or 4:3:1:2

Like this

Cech

Iva-Terry-Luiz-Cole

Ramires-Mikel-Marin

Mata

Torres-Dzeko

Didnt he played together with Grafite in WB?

But if we played Torres-Dzeko, wouldnt that be good too?

As you said Dzeko is playing good with another ST, while Torres needs constantly with someone to pass him, also he is good passer and unselfish. They could play together. But then we would play 4:4:2 or 4:3:1:2

Like this

Cech

Iva-Terry-Luiz-Cole

Ramires-Mikel-Marin

Mata

Torres-Dzeko

Torres and Dzeko are both unselfish players that like to assist so I can see it working out, definitely.

Real Madrid should be cosidered. José always has a target man and right now he doesn't.

Yep, thats the speculation at the moment. Apparently Mou has been wanting him for a while now. The spin with PSG is that Ancelotti was a fan of his when he was here with us.

If Dzeko goes theres a lot of potential suitors (PSG, Real, Juve, Bayern, Dortmund, Milan).

I think Dzeko having a bad season is overblown. He hasn't been in favor despite being better than Balo, and yet he still slots goals and sets up in the limited time he gets. Not to mention when he's not scoring he's still been apart of beautiful link up play and his technique on the ball has improved greatly to the point it's an extreme strength. The moves with his back to his defender to get past them are very Drogba like.

I think we'll be missing out on a great player if we don't inquire about him at the least.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You