Edin Dzeko

Milan

I just have the feeling that Dzeko will be a Juventus player next season.

Read the article. They are saying it's his least likely destination. Doesn't seem like he wants to play there.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They let Adebayor go to Spurs. It allows them to free up a high earner off their wage bill so they can sign new players. A loan would also allow one of their own scoring against rivals and not themselves.

And the biggest plus for city is nobody will pay anywhere near the £27m they paid. But a good season out on loan will help them recoup a tidy fee - like adebayor.

I hadn't thought of Dzeko, but should he be available in the summer and Drogba moves on it would be a clever short term fix that would also allow us to loan lukaku out for a season to give him the first team football he needs. If dzeko proved a success at the end of the loan then buy him, if not then it hasn't been a costly mistake.

Read the article. They are saying it's his least likely destination. Doesn't seem like he wants to play there.

Read the article...obviously it seems like he doesn't want to play in Serie A...but you never know, stranger things have happened.

If he wants to stay in EPL, we should definitely look at signing him.

If Man City want to sell abroad, Juve (they want a striker) and Dortmund (they possibly need a striker...with Barrios off to China...Kagawa off to United, Lewandowski linked to EPL clubs) would be the most viable options.

We can all sit down here and think of raiding City for their fringe(but quality) players but the fact is, they are not going to sell them to us. IF City wanna let them go, they would prefer to sell them abroad or to one of the lesser clubs in England and not to a side who they know that can challenge them from supremacy in all competitions.

Indeed. I don't see City being as stupid as us to send a club to a rival team, i.e. Yossi to Arsenal.

They loaned Spurs Adebayor.

Prior to that Tottenham weren't considered a genuine threat though. Arsenal have always been challenging the top3, despite not having won f*ck all in 7years they still pose a much larger threat. They're not even direct competition as we are with Arsenal.

There is a lot of speculation in the Bosnian papers about Edin's future. I'm repeating myself but even though he was treated like crap by Mancini and the team doesn't suit his style of play, he still netted 13 goals in the league, and 5 assists in only 1480 minutes. Thats 13 goals and 5 assists in 16 games. Fantastic record.

He'd be perfect as a Drogba replacement. Tall, strong, holds up the play well as a pivot up front, can track back and defend, and has some great technique for a big guy. Honestly I wouldn't know what to do with myself if he came to Chelsea, truly a dream.

He's also good friends with Ivanovic :D

I think it was Alex who said this here quite some time back:

Us and City signed the wrong players. We should have signed Dzeko and they should have signed Torres. Would have worked out much better.

Although, in terms of preference this is my order

1. Cavani

2. Falcao

3. Higuain

4. Dzeko

Dzeko is so far and away better than Higuain it's not funny.

Falcao and Dzeko are the only players I'd be interested in pursuing up front. They fit the mold of players that succeed here in Chelsea. We tried these counter attacking players that work off runs and through balls, but it hasn't worked.

He looked promising at the start of the season , then a dip in form forced him out the team. Which he never got back in really , i agree with capriccioso that the money we would have to put up would not be worth the reward.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You