Edin Dzeko

Milan

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dzeko is a goalscorer, he does not necessarly shines in creating goals like others. He does but I think Balotelli is better there. Balotelli is more versatile and more able to integreate City's offensive animation because he can ask the ball outside his front position more as Dzeko. By example, Balotelli has a great long play to aerate the play with diagonal balls, Dzeko does not this.

The main reason why Tevez was dropped (and then why he wanted to leave, the Allianz Arena episode etc...) is that Mancini wanted a striker able to play with other players in front, Tevez has the habit to attack for his team by himself.

Nothing wrong with Dzeko, for me is one of the most complete strikers in the world

And you know why all 3 score loads of goals?

Because City's midfield has player who can make killer passes.

Worst player on the pitch today and that's saying something with Carroll at the other end.

What do you expect with Mancini's idiotic 'rotations'.

He benched the man after his 4 goals against Spurs, enough said.

Also, the 11 games is misleading, he played a total of 45 minutes in 6 of those.

He's scored 10 goals, and assisted 6 in 781 minutes.

I'm not defending him because I'm Bosnian but honestly, the would excel with us, especially when he's not benched when he's in hot form and hits his stride like at City.

Hasn't scored in 11 games...

1) Mancini rotates his strikers, and Dzeko is very much second-choice at the moment.

2) Those '11 games' equate to less than 450 minutes, namely five full matches. Not that much to complain about, in my opinion.

3) Dzeko is a targetman, not an out-and-out forward like Aguero or van Persie. He does a team role and gets no credit, whilst Aguero scores the occasional howitzer amongst his collection of tap-ins, and is a genius.

4) Statistics are largely irrelevant. A striker does not have to score to be effective. I thought you'd appreciate that since we have Didier Drogba in our squad, who eptiomises industry and selflessness as a striker; a trait shared with Edin.

I don't think he's that good. He was crap last season, started this season on fire, disappeared for a while, scored a few goals again and now has not scored in 11.

Yeah he didn't start a lot of those 11 games, but it's because Aguero and Balo are far better options.

I don't think he's that good. He was crap last season, started this season on fire, disappeared for a while, scored a few goals again and now has not scored in 11.

Yeah he didn't start a lot of those 11 games, but it's because Aguero and Balo are far better options.

He was crap because he came to City during the Winter transfer window.. he had no pre-season behind him and was thrown into the fire. Aguero and Balotelli are different players altogether although I really don't believe Balotelli is a better option. Balotelli is not a team player like Edin but also doesn't depend on the players around him and can create his own chances. Edin is at his best when the team plays their best, together as a unit. Dzeko is a better striker than Balotelli.

Sorry I brought this topic up, still dreaming I guess. I hate City so much, why the hell did they have to buy him.

Not comparing his ability to Ibra, but Dzeko may be out of place in that squad because they don't need a target man, just like Ibra in his time at barca. They play thru the midfield as well as anyone and when that happens, having a giant center forward isn't absolutely necessary just an observation.

######

I thought you'd appreciate that since we have Didier Drogba in our squad, who eptiomises industry and selflessness as a striker; a trait shared with Edin.

I honestly don't see this. Drogba on his day epitomises industry and selflessness and Dzeko doesn't come anywhere near this.

Why should I appeciate a McDonald's Hamburger when I have been having 5 Star Steak?

But despite all my negativity he is a great finisher and does his part as a squad player without complaining or gossiping to the media; which is a trait I respect.

Not comparing his ability to Ibra, but Dzeko may be out of place in that squad because they don't need a target man, just like Ibra in his time at barca. They play thru the midfield as well as anyone and when that happens, having a giant center forward isn't absolutely necessary just an observation.

######

I would say thats correct. City's formation and style does not suit him, don't know why they bought him. They're just collecting players at this point.

Oh and Dzeko is indeed a team player that has some amazing passes. Please watch this:

http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspot.com/2011/11/video-aguero-goal-vs-arsenal-simply.html

Dzeko's playing style is different from other players around him. Dzeko is a player that I now have seen taking a lot of risk with his passing (playing it many times vertical at all cost instead of horizontal and safe) that leads to quite a high key passes rate, assist rate, but also to quite some ball losses. A player in the Dutch NT that did this was Bergkamp. However we were taught as fans to appreciate and to look at the moments where his risk taking brought victory where as al the horizontal passing maybe brought more possession and even flow, but left us ending with just a point, not the 3 points from that one bright moment where it did fit. The video is a perfect example of this.

View the short version video of the goal. That's just brilliant set up right there even Silva has to take his hat off for. I had a long discussion on another social forum with a city fan that kept complaining about how Dzeko disrupts the flow. Add to that the Barca era we live in and how clubs and fans want to copy that and you can expect some hate.

• 4 months later...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/edin-dzeko-must-leave-manchester-823910

There has been a lot of talk about him leaving City with the way the team is set up and the brand of football they play. I figure if we wanted him before, why not again? He is the perfect replacement for Drogba. Great touch, shot, in the air, and knows how to hold the ball. He is the perfect player for our brand of football.

We can all sit down here and think of raiding City for their fringe(but quality) players but the fact is, they are not going to sell them to us. IF City wanna let them go, they would prefer to sell them abroad or to one of the lesser clubs in England and not to a side who they know that can challenge them for supremacy in all competitions.

Edited by BluesMaster

He would be perfect at Chelsea. Tall, strong and aggressive. Doesn't rely on pace or trickery to hit the back of the net. I would like him here, but it would be a coup. BosnianLion would piss himself.

Since, my last post I've seen him play a lot more and I like him. I would support this signing 100%.

We can all sit down here and think of raiding City for their fringe(but quality) players but the fact is, they are not going to sell them to us. IF City wanna let them go, they would prefer to sell them abroad or to one of the lesser clubs in England and not to a side who they know that can challenge them from supremacy in all competitions.

I think you give City too much credit. Edin is a big earner and not many clubs will be able to afford him, I believe if they really want to get rid of him they will do so as soon as possible.

He would be perfect at Chelsea. Tall, strong and aggressive. Doesn't rely on pace or trickery to hit the back of the net. I would like him here, but it would be a coup. BosnianLion would piss himself.

I think you give City too much credit. Edin is a big earner and not many clubs will be able to afford him, I believe if they really want to get rid of him they will do so as soon as possible.

I just have the feeling that Dzeko will be a Juventus player next season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You