Maicon

the wes

a bit like Pirlo everyone thought he was to old and finished at the start of the season after leaving Milan now look at him!

HUGE difference between Pirlo and Maicon. Pirlo's game is based on his vision, tactical awareness and passing accuracy, aspects that can only be enhanced by experience. What made Maicon world class, on the other hand, is his ability and stamina to keep making relentless runs up and down the flank for the whole 90mins; you can't expect that of him in his 30s.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deco? Lool! do you mean Belletti?

anyway, Maicon may be seen as a back up RB, yeah he may not be as good as he was under Mourinho in 2009/10 but he is still a very good RB and is far from 'finished' he is still among one of the best RB's in world football and the challenge coming to Chelsea in arguably the best league in the world could easily help him get back to his best form and actually get ahead of Ivanovic in the team, lets be honest Inter have been a joke since Jose left, no one has really stood out since then, i feel Maicon just needs a new challenge and i can actually see him being a first team starter next season, if he comes.

IMO he would be and immense signing!

a bit like Pirlo everyone thought he was to old and finished at the start of the season after leaving Milan now look at him!

No I mean 'Deco'. A player who we chased prior to his Barca move because he was one of the best attacking players in the world. We bought him 3 season too late, by the time he'd gone on a sharp decline. That's exactly how I see Maicon being. He's 31, he'll need "time to adapt", he'll command wages that's put even Real Madrid off signing him. There's better, younger prospects out there. When Newcastle are bidding the same fee for Debunchy that we are for Maicon, that's saying something.

cammon... a cheap player that coming for rotation... nothing serious.

Coming in for rotation? To be honest I don't see it that way. He's name & reputation will probably make him our primary right back. He relies on his pace, which means at 31 he's got 2 seasons in him, at best. That's if he's anything like Ashley Cole, which I doubt.

HUGE difference between Pirlo and Maicon. Pirlo's game is based on his vision, tactical awareness and passing accuracy, aspects that can only be enhanced by experience. What made Maicon world class, on the other hand, is his ability and stamina to keep making relentless runs up and down the flank for the whole 90mins; you can't expect that of him in his 30s.

not really! everyone thought Pirlo was finished because of injuries and his age, but in actual fact he is still class and can still run the show in midfield nothing to do with experience! and why can't you expect Maicon to get up and down the flank at the age of 30??? the guy is an athlete! he still has a good 3 years minimum left in him to be bombing up and down the right flank. Look at Dani Alves and Ashely Cole! he is actually at a good age! with bags of quality and experience, the guy will be in great shape! you cant say you cant expect someone to be able to run because they reach 30! Pirlo and our very own Ashley Cole has proved that theory wrong!

not really! everyone thought Pirlo was finished because of injuries and his age, but in actual fact he is still class and can still run the show in midfield nothing to with experience! and why can't you expect Maicon to get up and down the flank at the age of 30??? the guy is an athlete! he still has a good 3 years minimum left in him to be bombing up and down the right flank. Look at Dani Alves and Ashely Cole! he is actually at a good age! with bags of quality and experience, the guy will be in great shape! you cant say you cant expect someone to be able to run because they reach 30! Pirlo and our very own Ashley Cole has proved that theory wrong!

Actually if someone has the stats of the UEFA euro I'm pretty sure Pirlo Ran A LOT.

I can't put into how words how much I don't want this to happen. I just see Deco running through my mind, if he does come, I hope I'm wrong. But transfers like this seriously worry me..

I feel exactly the same mate!

LDN we have so many young players its crazy. We need a little experience too and this guy is built like a mountain and he is physical and he can defend. He's a stop gap because to be honest there isn't much out there in his position.

No I mean 'Deco'. A player who we chased prior to his Barca move because he was one of the best attacking players in the world. We bought him 3 season too late, by the time he'd gone on a sharp decline. That's exactly how I see Maicon being. He's 31, he'll need "time to adapt", he'll command wages that's put even Real Madrid off signing him. There's better, younger prospects out there. When Newcastle are bidding the same fee for Debunchy that we are for Maicon, that's saying something.

that's not a very good comparison! i think everyone knew when we signed Deco he was no where near the player that played for Porto and Barca, no one expected him to be a superstar here. completely different with Maicon, Deco played in a extremely difficult role for us at the top of the diamond in a very narrow team where he had no space and no time on the ball to do anything, at his age that just made things even more difficult for him to adapt, whereas Maicon will have Ramires playing on the right with him, i could see those two dominating that side of the pitch, and make Maicon's job a whole lot easier! I really don't see an issue with Maicon having to adapt at all.

and in terms of signing a young RB whats the point? if we sign Debuchy how much playing time will he get? because he has no chance of getting ahead of Ivanovic in the team, it would only damage his development, we are much better off signing Maicon imo.

LDN we have so many young players its crazy. We need a little experience too and this guy is built like a mountain and he is physical and he can defend. He's a stop gap because to be honest there isn't much out there in his position.

There are enough RB out there which are better suited to us than maicon!

that's not a very good comparison! i think everyone knew when we signed Deco he was no where near the player that played for Porto and Barca, no one expected him to be a superstar here. completely different with Maicon, Deco played in a extremely difficult role for us at the top of the diamond in a very narrow team where he had no space and no time on the ball to do anything, at his age that just made things even more difficult for him to adapt, whereas Maicon will have Ramires playing on the right with him, i could see those two dominating that side of the pitch, and make Maicon's job a whole lot easier! I really don't see an issue with Maicon having to adapt at all.

and in terms of signing a young RB whats the point? if we sign Debuchy how much playing time will he get? because he has no chance of getting ahead of Ivanovic in the team, it would only damage his development, we are much better off signing Maicon imo.

Maicon is past it like deco was!

Bugger me sideways, Everyone moaning about how old our squad is then we want to go and buy this old bastard!

#MakeYourBloodyMindsUp

Balance..

We don't need to have a young prospect as 'back up' for EVERY position.

not really! everyone thought Pirlo was finished because of injuries and his age, but in actual fact he is still class and can still run the show in midfield nothing to with experience! and why can't you expect Maicon to get up and down the flank at the age of 30??? the guy is an athlete! he still has a good 3 years minimum left in him to be bombing up and down the right flank. Look at Dani Alves and Ashely Cole! he is actually at a good age! with bags of quality and experience, the guy will be in great shape! you cant say you cant expect someone to be able to run because they reach 30! Pirlo and our very own Ashley Cole has proved that theory wrong!

Not sure who "everyone" is, but as a Juve fan I was absolutely delighted by the signing of Pirlo because I know what he is capable of, and it has everything to do with experience because he has always had the ability to play accurate passing but with each season his decision making improved till he became the maestro that he is today despite loosing his pace.

Ashley Cole is one of a kind, but he is no longer the player that could out-run C.Ronaldo. He is even becoming more and more selective in his forward runs because he knows he doesn't have the stamina anymore.

Balance..

We don't need to have a young prospect as 'back up' for EVERY position.

True that but Ivanovic isn't exactly young at the age of 28 I'm not saying he is old either but surely we could have a younger under study to learn how to perfect the full back position whilst Ivan is in his prime?

Not sure who "everyone" is, but as a Juve fan I was absolutely delighted by the signing of Pirlo because I know what he is capable of, and it has everything to do with experience because he has always had the ability to play accurate passing but with each season his decision making improved till he became the maestro that he is today despite loosing his pace.

Ashley Cole is one of a kind, but he is no longer the player that could out-run C.Ronaldo. He is even becoming more and more selective in his forward runs because he knows he doesn't have the stamina anymore.

how did know you would say Ashley Cole is 'one of a kind' haha!

and in terms of Pirlo why do you think Milan let him go? Milan are famous for prolonging players careers they let him go because they thought he wouldn't fully recover from his injury and that he would never return to the level he was once at! they were wrong, he did recover that is why he is back doing what he does best not because of 'his experience' SMH

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You