Maicon

the wes

When the tactics are bad, the players look bad. Simple as that. Don't you guys think ash would have got caught by munich's right side players had he been the only player trying to block the runs on our left side? If you leave space to a sprinter like bale there is just no way he is not going to abuse it.

Remember the whole vidic is poor against nando thing? Haven't players like ramiresmade world class defenders look like shit? It's all about the way.the game goes and how you want your players to deal with certaim threats.

Then again if a guy like bale was never able to use his.strenghts to his full advantage the just because there are good defenders on the pitch thenn football would be a.strange game wouldn't it?

It's like saying cech is a bad keeper because cisse score two screamers against us.

When the situation gives a clear advantage to the attacking player to use his strenghts you cannot always expect the defender to come out on top and save the day. Although I guess our recent performances in the cl have gotten us used to things goimg the other way around.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I for one will be sad if we don't sign him.

Fact: he has been one of the most consistent players over the past years. Ok he had a wobbler against Bale - but he probably thought who's Bale? And didn't take it seriously, best thing to happen to a defender, now he knows to research his opposition and make sure the doesn't happen again.

Who can also forget JT being skinned alive against Liverpool? JT made Carroll look world class that day, does that mean JT is a bad player - No!!!

I worked with SI Games the guys who make Football Manager, and currently the guys making FIFA, whilst stats are one thing in games - everybody knows experience is crucial...

Maicon would be great for a few seasons and really help blood the youngsters it's a win win for everybody - and do a Man City, keep him as a coach afterwards, kinda hoping Drogba comes back after China too, to do the same thing :)

Thats stupid. Maicon is a good player, and when good players join the club, the club gets stronger, How can you be happy with a good player moving to another club?

He is too old and has not been playing well the last season! Debuchy, piszeck and azpi are all good players too and would make me happy!

He is too old and has not been playing well the last season! Debuchy, piszeck and azpi are all good players too and would make me happy!

Maicon is only 30, I hope you didnt know it, because only a stupid guy would say a 30 years old player is too old, and how can you discard player because he didnt played well one season? Pirlo was not playing well at Milan when he left, but the quality was there. Sometimes a player needs fresh air and new challenges to start playing good again.

This is not fantasy football, good players that can make us strong shall always come and play here, not only your favorite ones.

But so far we've been linked with youngsters attacking wise to be the future of the club. Surely this should be no exception. Ivanovic should be first choice RB with a younger, up and coming player behind him to come in and then take over for the future. It seems Hutchinson wont be trusted but there are younger right backs out there playing for less established clubs that could possibly go up to the next level like some that have been mentioned numerous times. Surely the £6m price tag shows that Maicon is not great any more?

Maicon is only 30, I hope you didnt know it, because only a stupid guy would say a 30 years old player is too old, and how can you discard player because he didnt played well one season? Pirlo was not playing well at Milan when he left, but the quality was there. Sometimes a player needs fresh air and new challenges to start playing good again.

This is not fantasy football, good players that can make us strong shall always come and play here, not only your favorite ones.

I know how old he is and what does my opinion have to do with fantasy football? And calling me stupid wont make your point better and i dont think i am the only one who thinks he is too old! So get over it and paying large wages and 6 mil for a player that has had a bad season and is 30+ cant be better than getting debuchy for the same amount and saving on his wages. Debuchy had a very good season and good euros! It surprises me how you cant see that. Most probably he is brazilian that is why you want him!

Will Maicon or Ivanovic be happy with being 2nd choice? Who is genuinely going to be happy at being 2nd choice unless they are an untried nobody?

There's a good chance that Maicon will be second choice if he does come here. He might not be happy, but Chelsea will probably be the last big club in Europe he'll play for and so he might be content with that.

Will Maicon or Ivanovic be happy with being 2nd choice? Who is genuinely going to be happy at being 2nd choice unless they are an untried nobody?

probably neither of them will really be 2nd choice! we have so many games to play next season, there will be so much rotating, so both could end up playing a similar amount of games.

Someone at the end of their prime.

Maicon was/is the best RB in the world, no disagreements there!

But I think personally we should aim for someone younger, we're looking to build a squad for the long haul, I mean look at our signings/potential signings so far..

Eden Hazard; 21

Marko Marin ; 23

Hulk : 25

Maicon: 30

I just don't think its what we need, let him play out his twilight in Madrid where he (allegedly) wants to be and lets get PIszczek, Debuchey, Azpilicueta ( a name I still can't pronounce) or even Van Der Weil (but maybe not) Just saying guys, we've got Luiz, Cahill, Bertrand to make up our backline in future seasons so why not keep it young(ish) and fresh with an up and comer?

Maicon was/is the best RB in the world, no disagreements there!

But I think personally we should aim for someone younger, we're looking to build a squad for the long haul, I mean look at our signings/potential signings so far..

Eden Hazard; 21

Marko Marin ; 23

Hulk : 25

Maicon: 30

I just don't think its what we need, let him play out his twilight in Madrid where he (allegedly) wants to be and lets get PIszczek, Debuchey, Azpilicueta ( a name I still can't pronounce) or even Van Der Weil (but maybe not) Just saying guys, we've got Luiz, Cahill, Bertrand to make up our backline in future seasons so why not keep it young(ish) and fresh with an up and comer?

1. None of those younger names will want to be 2nd choice

2. Never mention Van Der Wiel on this forum again.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You