Paulo Ferreira

Kieran.

Why is it so wrong to question why this guy has been such a leech ? Why should a player like Kalou be lambasted like he has even though he tries and when he know's he ain't good enough has the decency to move on, Paulo has spent his prime years doing a Borgarde.

Paulo Ferriera has started 159 games for Chelsea, not 133. He has been a sub 41 times. Giving him a total of 200 appearances.

As stated on the Chelsea website - http://www.chelseafc...2344097,00.html

TIP: Don't believe everything you see on Wikipedia.

Why is it so wrong to question why this guy has been such a leech ? Why should a player like Kalou be lambasted like he has even though he tries and when he know's he ain't good enough has the decency to move on, Paulo has spent his prime years doing a Borgarde.

It's a good point. Are Kalou & Paulo so different now?

Well it's hardly 'free'.

But that's relating to what I mean when I said he could easily take a coaching role at the club. A mentor for our South American players, as he did with Luiz. He's an asset to have, but his contract should not be for a player.

Hahahha Kostas is now saying that Paulo has been contributing through being a free ''translator'' hahah this is brilliant. First he was a 133 game legend then he is a 60k a week translator hahahah.

Do I really need to use different fonts and emoticons for sarcasm?

Yes they are different one of them tries hard but is just so limited and the other is signing football contracts while knowing he does not have a cat in hell's chance in playing a game because he also is prone to mistakes. There is a big double standard here and they know it. I remember in 09-10 when we won the league and we seen very little of him all season and he turned up on the celebration day taking photo's with his wife haahah :lol: . This is just a joke ! I would rather have a player like Kalou who tries and fails then a player like Paulo who decided to just retire early in the Chelsea Fc care home.

Yes they are different one of them tries hard but is just so limited and the other is signing football contracts while knowing he does not have a cat in hell's chance in playing a game because he also is prone to mistakes. There is a big double standard here and they know it. I remember in 09-10 when we won the league and we seen very little of him all season and he turned up on the celebration day taking photo's with his wife haahah :lol: . This is just a joke !

He played in 13 Premier League games for us that season...Why wouldn't he turn up when he deservedly won a medal?

Yes they are different one of them tries hard but is just so limited and the other is signing football contracts while knowing he does not have a cat in hell's chance in playing a game because he also is prone to mistakes. There is a big double standard here and they know it. I remember in 09-10 when we won the league and we seen very little of him all season and he turned up on the celebration day taking photo's with his wife haahah :lol: . This is just a joke !

Mm, I do mean in the terms of 'double standards'. We seem to have Ferreira slip through our minds while Kalou was more noticeable. Again, not their fault. Our stupid board's fault. At least Kalou (supposedly) has brought it upon himself to leave.

Paulo will have to be released. Please tell him his contract expires next summer?

When a player signs a contract and wants to renegotiate early or transfer out cuz he's playing great we all flip out and talk about how unprofessional they are and disrespectful to their club. This guy signs a contract, plays decently when called upon, and is a classy professional and people have the balls to call him out for not having enough ambition? Disgusting.

In hindsight, we are not getting good value from for the wages he's receiving, but that is management's choice. At any point we could have negotiated a release from his player contract and signed him in a coaching capacity. Bottom line is that Paulo is obviously a respected member of the dressing room and he's respected by management, otherwise he would not be in his position right now, I think that respect should be shown by some people on this forum as well.

Regarding the Kalou comparison, I don't think its the same situation. Kalou gets shit because of his play on the field regardless of his wage bill. He could be paid 60,000 a week or free and people would have the same reaction to his play. Ferreira's situation is completely different.

I hope this is a joke?

What has Paulo done wrong? he trains hard, always makes himself avalible for selection and tries his best when called upon, he keeps to his side of the bargain it's not his fault he doesn't get picked.

If we going to use this "benefit cheat" argument then surely the same could be said about the likes of Gary Neville how much did he get payed for not playing in his last few years for United?

2009/2010 do you remember his solid display at Old Trafford which helped us win the title? think he is entititled to celebrate considering the likes off Bruma, Matic and Van Aanholt were part of the celebrations when they played like 5 games (all sub apps) between them.

2009/2010 do you remember his solid display at Old Trafford which helped us win the title? think he is entititled to celebrate considering the likes off Bruma, Matic and Van Aanholt were part of the celebrations when they played like 5 games (all sub apps) between them.

Not to sound like I've got anything against Ferreira, but that's just misinformation. United's only goal came from his side because Nani skinned him to deliver the ball to Matcheda's hand.

Maybe Paulo plays a much more important role than one might think.

He´s been at the club for ages, has been there when we were most succesfull. I think that he is a true servant to Chelsea Football Club, not complaining about not playing anymore but doing well if he is called up.

I think that he´s still here to settle all the portugeezers and brazilians in. Sometimes that is more important - helping younger players getting settled and making them feel like having someone to talk to. I think that is worth 80k a week. Better than getting rid off and having distressed new footballers who feel isolated and alone.

More respect for the man.