Paulo Ferreira

Kieran.

Well just telling you compare Bogarde who was being forced out by the club,and Paulo who has been offered a new contract BY THE CLUB to be a third choise right back.This is surely one of the worst topics i have ever seen on Talk Chelsea.Talking shit about a true professional who never done anything apart than doing his job when he was called upon.Talk Chelsea was once a place with people who knew what they were talking about,but i guess those days are long forgotten.

I can't believe people are actually ok with a player that has basically been on handouts with this club for years. I actually only noticed he was still with us today lol he is a ghost what's he playing at ? This is one of the big problems of changing managers all the time if we had stuck with one manager then he would not be with us anymore.

You know what ? He might be shit but i have a whole load of respect for Kalou. He actually wants to play football and he turned down a contract for it. He will leave the club and he will probably not get as much money but he will play games which should be any footballers passion. Paulo is a disgrace and whoever let him do this is a complete disgrace that's my opinion. A true professional is someone who is unhappy at not playing games, a true pro is someone who is angry at himself for not doing better in a game then being taken off................ See Frank Lampard. If Kalou said he was going to be a true pro in the same context as Paulo people on this forum would be having seizure's so why is PF allowed ? DOUBLE STANDARDS !

This guy has played 133 games, how can he be a legend ? Are we going to all all title winners Legends then ? Kalou is a Legend then :lol: and so is Smertin !

What about the other 77 games? He has played 200 games for Chelsea.

Arjen Robben played 103 games for Chelsea but people loooooove him.

I agreed with you on your first post, but now you have taken it too far. You have kind of pissed me off now.

You know what ? He might be shit but i have a whole load of respect for Kalou. He actually wants to play football and he turned down a contract for it. He will leave the club and he will probably not get as much money but he will play games which should be any footballers passion. Paulo is a disgrace and whoever let him do this is a complete disgrace that's my opinion. A true professional is someone who is unhappy at not playing games, a true pro is someone who is angry at himself for not doing better in a game then being taken off................ See Frank Lampard. If Kalou said he was going to be a true pro in the same context as Paulo people on this forum would be having seizure's so why is PF allowed ? DOUBLE STANDARDS !

Did you ever consider that the reason Ferreira hasn't left is that he and his family is settled at Chelsea and they don't want to leave all of his friends at the club behind. Sure he could stay in London by joining West Ham, Tottenham or fucking Arsenal, but fuck that he has stayed with us. Besides you don't know how much he might contribute behind the scenes. He can retire with us, he deserves it.

This guy has basically done a Winston Borgarde, he has been on the clubs benefits system for around 4 seasons now. I really want to know who is responsible for this because its a huge waste of resources. I have no respect for Paulo whatsoever he is a complete disgrace !

Lol I remember raising this issue in cfcnet and I was crucified.

I have no clue what this guy has done since mourinho that an academy player wouldn't have done.

I mean he is a nice guy and all that but FFS he hardly plays more than 10 games a season

everyone agreed with him ?????....a very small number ,,,but perhaps you thought it a suitable way to call one of our players

The situation is similar to Bogarde the only difference being. Bogarde just refused to leave before his contract expired while Ferriera has not bothered to leave in order to play more football. In Paulos case the club has not even tried to ship him off. And he signed a stupid deal 2 yrs back

Absolutely agree with the Kalou comparison. The guy atleast wants to play football and not warm the bench while collecting a fat paycheck.

Why has PF not asked for a transfer or shown dissatisfaction at being benched is a mystery. And please the legend status should not be handed out this easily. PF is NOT a legend.

Exactly Warnie i don't understand why this guy is called a legend too. He was decent at the start then he just became a liability until he disappeared. Can you believe people are calling him a legend when he has played 133 games lol, if every player who played 133 games or more and won a league title was called a legend then we would have a lot of leg-ends. Anelka Alex and Kalou actually want to play games if they all done a PF then would people be so understanding ? Anelka has contributed much more to this club then PF lol ! He didn't leave because he loves London lol what a pathetic excuse !

I've thought about it myself, but I can barely blame him... It's the club who offered him a contract and it will expire next summer. There might be 3 reasons why he hasn't left: A) the club didn't receive any offers for him (does anybody remember any rumours involving him?), B ) the club didn't want to sell him, C) he has refused to leave.

If it is indeed the latter, then I could blame him. But the fact that he keeps training with the 1st team, is all smiles and confidence when on camera, gets occasional bench appearances, isn't talked about in the press... it probably rules out the possiblity of him pulling a Bogarde. So it leaves options A and B, which you can't blame him for. Although yes, he does lack ambition... you can look at it in 2 ways: he loves the club or he's just a lazy ass and is fine with the situation of getting paid for participating in world class training. We don't know for sure which one is true.

I agreed with you on your first post, but now you have taken it too far. You have kind of pissed me off now.

Did you ever consider that the reason Ferreira hasn't left is that he and his family is settled at Chelsea and they don't want to leave all of his friends at the club behind. Sure he could stay in London by joining West Ham, Tottenham or fucking Arsenal, but fuck that he has stayed with us. Besides you don't know how much he might contribute behind the scenes. He can retire with us, he deserves it.

Robben in his 103 games has done more for the club and has had a bigger on the team than Paulo had in his 7-8 seasons at Chelsea.

He IS NOT the only footballer with family. Besides if he had handed out a transfer request he could have gone to West Ham, Spurs or even QPR. I don't care what he contributes behind the season. Getting paid 60000 for behind the seasons is a stupid move by the club but the fact remains that he is BLOCKING a place for an academy youngster.

Robben in his 103 games has done more for the club and has had a bigger on the team than Paulo had in his 7-8 seasons at Chelsea.

He IS NOT the only footballer with family. Besides if he had handed out a transfer request he could have gone to West Ham, Spurs or even QPR. I don't care what he contributes behind the season. Getting paid 60000 for behind the seasons is a stupid move by the club but the fact remains that he is BLOCKING a place for an academy youngster.

It's the clubs fault, not his. The club is the one that gave him a new contract. Club is the one that didn't sell him off. If they want to keep him then how is that any of his fault? I blame the club entirely.

Badboy your points are kind of valid but your EXAGGERATION about every single thing that you post is just too fucking ridiculous and drives me nuts

Can't imagine how he could be considered a legend but don't see why I should hate him either. If anything it's the clubs fault his wages have been disproportionate to his contribution. He may have been a squad player for too long but he's the least of our problems.

He is a "utility" player. He should be on 30k max but that's not HIS fault.

He was just kept along as a backup. Last few seasons when bosingwa was injured and bran was playing at RB so Paulo was kept as a backup and emergency player. He should have been sold off in the summer but again, not his fault.