Sergio Aguero joins the other Manchester club

.Cee

Ancelotti on his way to Stamford Bridge — with £50m Aguero

ap_10296121_05120.jpg_44628718_agueroptii_b226.jpg

Ancelotti could be joined by £50m Argentine Aguero

Carlo Ancelotti is set to be unveiled as Chelsea's new manager this week and the FA Cup winners will make a further statement of intent by stepping up their pursuit of £50million forward Sergio Aguero.

Ancelotti is expected to confirm his intention to move to Stamford Bridge after his current employers, AC Milan, complete their Serie A season against Fiorentina.

Chelsea also believe they have overtaken Inter Milan and former manager Jose Mourinho in the race to sign Atletico Madrid's Argentine star Aguero, one of the hottest properties in world football.

Sources in Italy insist Ancelotti will take up the reins at Chelsea this week, with the only doubt being about precisely when he will start work. If sacked he could, in theory, take over tomorrow but if he resigns the clubs are likely to spend the day discussing compensation and so delay his arrival until Tuesday.

Ancelotti, who will rely on former AC Milan team-mate Ray Wilkins to help him settle in after his efforts to bring in backroom staff from Italy were foiled, is said to have agreed a three-year contract worth almost £5m a year, with a bonus of nearly £1m more for every major trophy he wins.

To help him do that, Chelsea are moving closer to signing Aguero, the Argentina international who would help provide the flair owner Roman Abramovich craves. The 20-year-old is almost certain to leave Atletico Madrid this summer and join the club's previous idol, Liverpool's Fernando Torres, in the Premier League.

--------------------------------------------------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...50m-Aguero.html

--------------------------------------------------------

Edited by CJ Revo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benzema is a better all round player than aguero you know

they both have great future's but Benzema has the whole package of strength & power, physically and skill wise he's basicly zidane exept from he plays up front.

how many games do you watch of both players :rolleyes:

i've seen benzema in action a few times and i've read a hell lot of intelligent articles about him.

and he's clearly more of a complete player, he has the capabilities of becoming a legend.

i've seen benzema in action a few times and i've read a hell lot of intelligent articles about him.

and he's clearly more of a complete player, he has the capabilities of becoming a legend.

Gerrard is a more complete player than kaka or messi it does not make him the better player. Benzema is class i like him i think he has potential, but sergio aguero is so good he is a player who is world class already.

Both players are absolutely brilliant. But they're both completely different types of strikers; you wouldn't compare Davies and Torres, yet both are effective in their respective roles. I do feel Benzema would suit our system moreso, but Aguero's fucking awesome, to put it bluntly.

Both players are absolutely brilliant. But they're both completely different types of strikers; you wouldn't compare Davies and Torres, yet both are effective in their respective roles. I do feel Benzema would suit our system moreso, but Aguero's fucking awesome, to put it bluntly.

Imagine aguero in a front three bluelion, aguero can play left or right he would be another zola.

Imagine aguero in a front three bluelion, aguero can play left or right he would be another zola.

Aguero's versatility in the front 3 is why he would be my main transfer target this summer. It doesn't seem though that at the moment he is very interested in moving away from Atletico which is why there isn't much noise about him....

He can play as a winger even though it's not his natural position. But with his great technique and pace he would surely do well as a winger.

He can also play as an attacking midfielder, but I doubt we'd use him in this position, if we sign him.

How would you know if you have only seen in him action a "few times"?

Like the person above said, you can't see how good, or not so good he is in a few games.

Plus, you may be showing some bias towards Benzema there, because if you#ve "read a hell of a lot of intelligent articles about him", then no wonder you're under the influence that he's so good. Any writer of some sort can make a play sound good, and overexaggerate there abilities.

Benzema's good, but he's no where near as good as everyone seems to make out.

Like the person above said, you can't see how good, or not so good he is in a few games.

Plus, you may be showing some bias towards Benzema there, because if you#ve "read a hell of a lot of intelligent articles about him", then no wonder you're under the influence that he's so good. Any writer of some sort can make a play sound good, and overexaggerate there abilities.

Benzema's good, but he's no where near as good as everyone seems to make out.

i've probabbly seen more games of these players than most on here, because lets face it who watches the athletico madrid/lyon games.. in this topic nobody (a large percentage anyways) but nevertheless judgements & opinions are given on them.