Sergio Aguero joins the other Manchester club

.Cee

Loads? A 25-year old hopeless case, a 31-year old Frenchman & 33-year old Ivorian.

Tell me how we, like City, do not need another striker, regardless of those 3 being sold?

You could add "a 27 years-old Ghost Spanish" to this list.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the way this is going.. goodbye aguero.. guess you'll be wearing sky blue next season.. :( Such a shame...

The Tevez Deal to Corinintians Collapsed! We still have time to wrap up a Deal with Aguero! eyebrows.gif

Loads? A 25-year old hopeless case, a 31-year old Frenchman & 33-year old Ivorian.

Tell me how we, like City, do not need another striker, regardless of those 3 being sold?

You could add "a 27 years-old Ghost Spanish" to this list.

Not that I'd argue that those posts do much disservice to the current/latest form of our forwards but given that our midfield is even weaker in quality and numbers one would wonder how we even got 71 points in a league as hard as the PL.

Not that I'd argue that those posts do much disservice to the current/latest form of our forwards but given that our midfield is even weaker in quality and numbers one would wonder how we even got 71 points in a league as hard as the PL.

Badass Defenders. Right now we have one of the strongest backlines in the world.

Alex, Ivan, Terry, Cole, Luiz and to a lesser extent Paulo and Bosingwa. What is not to love?

You are right about that, but there is no disputing our strike force does need a bit of an upheaval. Though midfield should be the big priority.

Badass Defenders. Right now we have one of the strongest backlines in the world.

Alex, Ivan, Terry, Cole, Luiz and to a lesser extent Paulo and Bosingwa. What is not to love?

I'd agree but then again the Right-Back thread got up to 5 pages so it's not like we're completely sorted even at the back.

My points is, while criticism is always welcome, we should be realistic about our squad expectations.

Fucking hell , after all those summers of speculation and clear intent on getting Aguero we aren't even making any noises to land him . The way the first XI is setup right now , Aguero would be perfect as a roaming forward starting from the right . If there ever was a snap decision to be made in our all-too-well-settled squad , I'd take Kalou and Anelka out and bring Aguero and Sturridge into the fold directly . Aguero is only 23 too , the resale value on him alone works out from a financial standpoint as well . Of the impulsive Roman buys , Aguero should've been the one .

Only by impatient fans threatened by Liverpool signing the likes of Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson.

haha I completley agree, rather save it all until the last day than splash that type of cash on players like Henderson and Downing. But I do think we will make a move, half of these reports about Man City bidding for Aguero have all said that it hinges on Tevez and Corinthians have since withdrawn from negotiations. It's only a matter of time until we are legitimately linked with Aguero again, as Villas Boas said, our 'proper buisness' will begin after the Asian tour. Hopefully by then it's not too late.:tophat:

Besides I think AVB is more secretive than most. I believe he keeps his cards close to his chest, to keep the press away.

Hell he could be in advanced talks with a few players right now. It doesn't matter if he is Malaysia or not, he will get the job done.

Guest justin_3d

Well for you it seems bad, but for AVB not. He is still counting on them and giving them chances. Which shows we don't need a striker till he decides to sell them.

I repeat, we will NOT move for another striker other then Lukaku till AVB decides to get rid of some he has.

Guest justin_3d

:ballack:

2 out of 5 strikers in our squad are Anelka and Kalou, its clear that they arent good enough and we dont think they are good enough for us.

So you are saying that until we find a buyer for Anleka/kalou we cant put a bid for a player that we need? its clear that we need someone like Aguaro.

We wont progress at all if we'll wait until someone will go, Aguaro wont wait for you, City wont wait, you need to fight for players like him.

Thats a realy ridiculous way of thinking. Its not like Roman needs the 10 million pounds from Anleka's sale.

Is not what we think, is what AVB is doing.

If AVB wanted a striker he would have gotten Falcao by now.

But his stance shows he is giving a try to the striker he has.

Which is why we will not buy Aguero will all the strikers we have.

And Roman needs that and this....i was under the impression that AVB was calling the shots now????

Breaking news: Sky Sports sources understand Manchester City are to enter formal negotiations with Atletico Madrid over Sergio Aguero. Stay with us for more on this story...

... Seems like Tevez didn't stop them dry.gif