Sergio Aguero joins the other Manchester club

.Cee

i've probabbly seen more games of these players than most on here, because lets face it who watches the athletico madrid/lyon games.. in this topic nobody (a large percentage anyways) but nevertheless judgements & opinions are given on them.

I watch a lot of Atletico games on GolTV here in the states. We get a lot of Barca, Real, Atleti, and sevilla games on gol tv. Lots of replays.

Anyways, Atletico is a great team to watch. Forlan, Agüero, Simão, and Maxi Rodriguez are brilliant to watch. Excellent passing, amazing moves and pace, and a constant attacking nature. Aguero and Forlan are a big part of this. Watch any game and you'll fall in love with the partnership these two have formed. Forlan leads the league in goals because of the attention Agüero requires from defenders. If Aguero was a world class finisher he could have 30+ goals a season. He's constantly getting the ball behind the back 4. Typically he shoots wide. The biggest weakness in his game is his finishing. Without a doubt though he's worth having on the team just because of the pressure he causes the defense, his pace, and his passing.

Aguero is still very raw in his game, but that's the beauty of it. If he can learn to be more accurate with his shots he's going to be an unstoppable player. I can't tell you how happy I'd be to sign Agüero. We need more players who can control the ball and slice through the back four and Agüero is just that.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aguero proud of Chelsea link

Setanta

Atletico Madrid star Sergio Aguero says he is ‘proud’ to be linked with a big-money move to Chelsea. The Argentina striker, 21, has been linked with a £50 million switch to Stamford Bridge and his agent claimed that the player was a target for several major sides in Europe.

And although Aguero has been keen to stress his commitment to Atleti, he has now revealed he is flattered by the interest.

“It makes me feel proud a team as important as Chelsea notices me,” he said in The People.

Manchester City have also been linked with Aguero.

a quote from Aguero :D

And another quote from Agüero...

"I hope that Messi can take me to Barca, but that is a question for the directors to decide," Aguero is quoted as saying by Diario Clarin.

I don't think there's any chance Barcelona will sign him though. He's too raw right now and they've already got two young forwards in his mold (Bojan and Messi). Barcelona doesn't need another short quick ball handler who can't get up for headers.

With that said, I have no idea what Agüero will do, but I'd be shocked if Barcelona made an offer. Agüero would never be able to play in the middle of the front line for them and they already have messi, krkic, and iniesta to play the wings for them.

Edited by thejolta

Torres comes to Liverpool from Atletico Madrid and become's arguably the best striker in the world.

Aguero comes to Chelsea from Atletico Madridand walks all over Torres...

I'd rather he came to Chelsea and danced all over nancy boys head ^_^

Chelsea made a resounding statement of intent last night when they launched a £45 million bid for Sergio Agüero, the Atlético Madrid striker.

Agüero has been coveted by some of Europe’s top clubs, but Carlo Ancelotti hopes to conclude his first transfer since taking over as manager to make up for the disappointment of being unable to sign Kaká, who joined Real Madrid.

The 21-year-old has cut a reputation as one of the most skilful second strikers around and could potentially be an excellent foil for Didier Drogba. He scored 17 goals last season to boot.

Off the pitch, he gained fame when he paired up with Giannina, daughter of his Argentina coach, Diego Maradona, and they had a baby boy in February. Benjamin was taken to his first game at the age of two weeks and watched his father score twice as Atlético beat Barcelona.

Pini Zahavi has been brokering the deal with Peter Kenyon, the chief executive, showing that the Israeli super-agent has strengthened his influence in Chelsea’s biggest transfers.

The offer is likely to include payments based on appearances and success at Stamford Bridge, and is some way below the £51.5 million buyout clause that Agüero has in his Atlético contract.

Chelsea held talks at the weekend with José Segui, who works for IMG, Agüero’s representative. The sticking point could be his salary demands of about £100,000 a week net, which Chelsea are unwilling to meet.

Alexandre Pato, the AC Milan and Brazil forward, has left the door open for a move to Chelsea, and a reunion with his former coach after saying that his future will be resolved this month.

The 19-year-old, who scored 15 timkes for Milan last season, said: “Before I decide my future, I want to talk to Ancelotti and then Milan officials. He is an extraordinary man. It’s thanks to Ancelotti that I have been able to emerge at AC Milan.”

I really want him too, but the wages hes asking for are really high, higher than kaka and i dont think anyone (including us) would give him that. But for the 45 million trasnfer fee and reasonable wages ill take him over villa every time.

Forlan is much, much older, and we all know how his time in the EPL went.

I'd actually prefer to sign Aguero to Benzema for the simple reason he will cost less. KB is the better all-round striker in my opinion, but Aguero is a player very much in the Crespo mold and would suit us to the core.