Chelsea 2-0 Sheff Utd

James

1 minute ago, Gundalf said:

Glad Nkunku is not playing. Risk of a Sheffield frustration tackle is too high. 

As opposed to playing when?

Might as well wrap Nkunku up in wool and not make him play a single minute for the rest of the season., in that case.

If a player is fit to be in the matchday squad, he is more or less fit to play.

4 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

When we need him. 

There is such a thing as bringing a player up to speed., especially one lacking a lot of match fitness..

I mean, fair enough, if Nkunku simply has an on switch, and plays at 100% for our next easy opposition Newcastle, then well done.

Let's do just that.

Satisfied with this rare win. Today showcased why we will not be relegated (poorer teams like Luton, Sheffield etc below us) but also why will not come close to 5th ( can’t finish our dinner even when utterly outplaying the opposition) . Safe midtable finish will be the new norm for the club with Boehly 

What is the point of Thiago Silva starting? This team is neither good enough to be top 4 or bad enough to be relegated. You don't need a 39 year old CB who is not here beyond this season to be playing every game. if this season is lost, you might as well get as much information as possible.

36 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

As opposed to playing when?

Might as well wrap Nkunku up in wool and not make him play a single minute for the rest of the season., in that case.

If a player is fit to be in the matchday squad, he is more or less fit to play.

Didn't understand why he was on the bench if he wasn't going to be risked when we were 2-0 up. 

Play him midweek in the league cup I suppose 

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

Didn't understand why he was on the bench if he wasn't going to be risked when we were 2-0 up. 

Play him midweek in the league cup I suppose 

Yep, a real headscratcher that one.

I haven't been overly critical of Poch so far this season, but this decision was a bit grating.

This was as easy a time as ever to introduce Nkunku, and instead he opted to play Broja and Jackson up front. And later Maatsen, who's probably on the way out. 

A league cup game would normally be a simple fixture to make the introduction., but given how important this competition is for a squad that has won nothing of note, and also given the opposition is bloody Newcastle, I'm not so sure.

Who knows. Maybe he'll have a perfect debut against Newcastle and Poch will make me eat my words. 🤷‍♂️

51 minutes ago, DDA said:

Moises Ceicedos best game in a CFC shirt. Badiashille was excellent too. 

GG

Badman will be a quality CB imo. He has pretty much everything in his locker. His only problem at the moment is naivety at times, but I suspect that will go over time- if not he will be a player who is good/very good with an occasional rick with his passing in tight areas/not being able to guide the line when we get stretched. 

Him and Palmer are the only two signings we've had since TB has come in and thought, these are good value signings.

As for Caicedo, I wouldn't say he really had a great game, rather a game where he had a lot of freedom because the opposition gave him a lot of space and he did what was required. Might be a little harsh, but SU gave him the freedom of the pitch from where I was sitting when he was on the ball. Off the ball Gallagher again outran him and made more valuable turnovers. 

Edited by King Kante

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

Glad Nkunku is not playing. Risk of a Sheffield frustration tackle is too high. 

I believe there's more risk of something happening midweek when he's (surely) thrown into a highly contested fixture.