45. Romeo Lavia

James

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone actually know why he's left out of the squad for now? Was his fitness that bad?

Feel many are sleeping on him; he's not what we need exactly in terms of goal threat but he was solid for Southampton and from what I've read most of their fanbase seem to think he has a big future

13 minutes ago, Weckerz said:

Does anyone actually know why he's left out of the squad for now? Was his fitness that bad?

Feel many are sleeping on him; he's not what we need exactly in terms of goal threat but he was solid for Southampton and from what I've read most of their fanbase seem to think he has a big future

Either that or maybe a signing Poch wasn’t particularly keen on making at this moment in time? Maybe not ready? His signing amongst others seem very club driven but what if he hasn’t done enough to get in the match squad? 

I mean unless he has some sort of injury/personal issue he’s dealing with but for the second coming of Jesus who instantly made our MF 3 “one of the best in the PL & Europe” not even making a match squad if fully fit is ironically hilarious and worrying at the same time.

Still a long season but the expectations and overrating of this guy when we were trying to/since we did buy him has been frightening (alongside the likes of Palmer, Santos, Mudryk etc at first).

One decent season with Southampton yes but Chelsea is a different ball game. Be interesting to see when he gets in and how he fares but was vastly overrated as soon as we were chasing him.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Not quite a red flag..maybe a pink flag,him having fitness issues supposedly due to his future being up in the air is more than a tad unprofessional.was he thinking of refusing to play if desired transfer didn't happen,was he thinking if somebody pays 50 plus mill for me i can just coast into the season in autumn ?

Still a teenager,lots of talent,more potential signed up for years etc...

Hope the injury isn't serious and he takes his rehab more seriously than summer fitness.