The Next Manager?

Posted (edited)

Enzo is going to have the same issue under McKenna as he did under Poch, he is not a combative and energetic DM. If you are going to play very direct, your pivot need to cover a lot of ground. He also likes to hoof the ball to a target man, that is clearly not the silky Jackson.

Feel sorry for Enzo.

Edited by Clockwork

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Enzo is going to have the same issue under McKenna as he did under Poch, he is not a combative and energetic DM. If you are going to play very direct, your pivot need to cover a lot of ground. He also likes to hoof the ball to a target man, that is clearly not the silky Jackson.

Feel sorry for Enzo.

These clowns are wasting away his career, what a disgrace.

I don't know anything about McKenna, I'm not gonna lie. That is in a nutshell why it is kind of mad. I was in favour of De Zerbi because I honestly feel like he's built the reputation in the PL to walk into our dressing room and be respected and heard from day 1 - mostly because our dressing room is mostly filled with kids and it shouldn't take TOO much to get them to respect you. But how is anyone goign to take McKenna seriously, unless he's got some amazing force of personality? Maybe he does? (like I said, literally don't know anything about the man).

Feels very much like Potter round 2, but with less "big names" to get grumpy about him being there and the insanely bloated squad problem resolved.

None of the big names have said it, but lower tier transfer accounts are saying Man United are in talks with him. He was one of Ole’s and Ragnick’s assistants there.

14 hours ago, Fernando said:

I wonder if they want to get someone like Arteta or Alonso. 

No one really thought they would do what they are doing now. So it seems like the club think they can get that type of manager.....

We might want , but there is no way in Gods earth that either Arteta or Alonso would come to us !! No manager of that standing is going to even consider a club not in the main European competition and run by a bunch of amateurs !! 

Poch for McKenna ???? That seems such a backwards step that I can’t even find words to describe it. It’s just a very, very sad joke 

Posted (edited)

Of course it will be downgrade. All that "search for new Alonso/Artreta" is a cope, done by Twitter.

Remember club didn't sack Poch. He left. And surely had reasons to do it. So if the project bears no hope or it's impossible to work with owners for Poch, who isn't exactly an elite manager, we aren't suddenly getting Flick, Nags (whom the club pretty much slapped publicly when appointing Poch) or whoever. We are getting an "exciting" Scottish 2nd division manager or someone sacked by Brighton at best.

Edited by Vegetable

28 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Hey, a lot of people here were Poch out thruout the season. And now he is gone. You should be happy. 

The problem is not Poch being gone but no superior alternative being available and compatible with the club hierachy's demands.

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The problem is not Poch being gone but no superior alternative being available and compatible with the club hierachy's demands.

We have seen enough of the boards philosophy to know that guys like McKenna would be the successors. Everyone should have known.   

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Who are they consulting? Pep Guardiola, Arne Slot, Erik ten Haag and all opposition team managers or owners?

8 hours ago, TheHulk said:

These clowns are wasting away his career, what a disgrace.

Next appointment is his 5th manager in 2 years and yet he’s played probably 5 good club games in that spell under the previous 4.

Guys defo’s not a 6 or a 10 but he has struggled to convince as an 8 paired with Caicedo or in a 3 on an individual basis not just collectively.

I mean its not just a managers fault but yeah, hopefully the next manager is going to be very strict with him. Has to start by instilling some discipline in specific aspects of playing as a central midfielder. Mainly without the ball. Because he is a passenger.

Edited by OneMoSalah