Joao Felix

ZAPHOD2319

Another loan would be fine, but I hope we don't pay over the odds to transfer

Still not convinced that he is a player that can actually deliver the goods, and isn't just all about style.

In the biggest moment of our season and his, in the match against Madrid where he was put through on goal, he blinked.

If we say that Mount is just stat padding against smaller teams, then this guy better produce double digit figures for goals and assists. And Mount has scored against Madrid.

On 26/05/2023 at 21:56, Blue Armour said:

Another loan would be fine, but I hope we don't pay over the odds to transfer

Still not convinced that he is a player that can actually deliver the goods, and isn't just all about style.

In the biggest moment of our season and his, in the match against Madrid where he was put through on goal, he blinked.

If we say that Mount is just stat padding against smaller teams, then this guy better produce double digit figures for goals and assists. And Mount has scored against Madrid.

I am not convinced on him at all. He is easy on the eye but shit end product. No ruthlessness. 

21 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

What can I say.. Byebye.

Maybe we should take a break and not loan anyone from Atleti next season. Saul and Felix were enough, we had enough fun.

It’s crazy. Ex ante both looked like good additions.  Both players with sublime technique, probably on a higher level than most of our squad esp Felix but did not make much of an impact bc of mentality/killer instinct. 

Not surprised.

A luxury player who yes has quality (inconsistently though) but his lack of intensity, commitment and competitiveness off the ball was always going to be an issue for Poch as well as his lack of end product.

Plus what is he? A 10? A second striker? A winger? A 9? Cholo and the Portuguese NT have tried him in multiple roles to very limited success. A lot of talent but yet to have a defined role that allows him to showcase it.

I posted a few pages back if we signed him without the managers say so it wouldn’t look good so for me, to see Poch has said no and we’re backing that opinion, it shows that there is a clear line of communication and planning with the footballing guys and Poch.

Plus Nkunku will effectively be his like for like replacement as it is.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Felix has all the skill in the world, no killer instinct or application it seems, a theme from AM to here. Needs a bit of grit and attitude.

I can see him ending up at Newcastle though.

4 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Felix has all the skill in the world, no killer instinct or application it seems, a theme from AM to here. Needs a bit of grit and attitude.

I can see him ending up at Newcastle though.

I think he's more suited to United. A number of players that disappear when the going gets tough.

• 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Shades of Lukaku about the situation, he was twerking so hard for us and then for Barca when we weren’t interested, totally fell out with his club to the point they would rather take the massive L on the transfer and loan him out repeatedly. 

Wonder how many clubs he will end up playing for? Have a feeling Barca will be just another pit stop.

• 4 weeks later...