Florent Malouda

Madmax

No disrespect but there are some real cunts on this forum. I mean, yes Malouda is getting old and he is not in form any more, but he gave us a lot in his time here. In the 09/10 season was absolute beast, huge part of those 100goals goes to his contribution as well. I just dont see why people shit on him nowdays. Ironicaly, those that are saying that he is cunt because he didnt accept paycut are cunts themselves for not standing by our player when he is not the best shape anymore. Just saying, no one knows what happend to him, why he stayed and why the board sent him to u21 team, but he gave us enough to be treated more respectively!!

It's not that he didn't accept a paycut, but that he didn't leave when he had offers on the table. He was happy just to sit on his arse for a year and take the money which football supporters will never like. Throw in the fact that he's been largely shit for the last few years and you're going to become a very unpopular person at this club.

This... If you are told 'surplus to requirements' - you have no arguments if you don't leave.

In most 'normal' jobs those words = redundancy

Malouda knew what he was doing - and now it hasn't worked out he's pissed off... But the fault is his and his alone. The club were honest with him (well done) and he chose to ignore that!

It's not that he didn't accept a paycut, but that he didn't leave when he had offers on the table. He was happy just to sit on his arse for a year and take the money which football supporters will never like. Throw in the fact that he's been largely shit for the last few years and you're going to become a very unpopular person at this club.

That is what press say. They also said that Ronaldo is arogant in personal life, that we signed Falcao in summer...just dont believe i anything, neither you or me know Malouda personaly and cant tell what actualy happend.

That is what press say. They also said that Ronaldo is arogant in personal life, that we signed Falcao in summer...just dont believe i anything, neither you or me know Malouda personaly and cant tell what actualy happend.

Who says Ronaldo is arrogant in his personal life? There have been plenty of stories in the press about his work ethic and the fact that he's relatively normal as far as footballers go.

With Malouda, he had chances to leave and it was made perfectly clear that he wasn't in our plans but he decided against moving on to play football and instead chose to waste a year collecting his wages. Now you may say that's not something most people would turn down but footballers are judged differently. He doesn't have many years left to do something most people would give their left nuts to have the ability to do, yet he's happy to throw it away and then have the temerity to moan about it.

The club have done nothing wrong.

• 1 month later...

Here is a perfect example of how to get out of a club that doesn't want you around. The Union gaffer didn't want to play Adu. Adu wanted to play, but he wasn't going to leave until his contract ended. Unlike Malouda, Adu looked for a club that would take him. I am sure that Bahia won't pay Adu as much as he would have earned in the MLS, but he took a pay cut to play in Brazil. Maybe Malouda should take some notes. Just saying.

• 1 month later...

Read today that he's also on the ESPN Classic panel for a viewing of the Man utd Vs Chelsea classic champions league match.

wonder if they'll ask him about this season... and i wonder what he'll say...

ESPN Classic @espnclassicuk 6h

@realflorentm will be joining us to preview Man Utd V Chelsea Champions League 2008 final on Mon 20th May on @espnclassicuk #CFC @chelseafc