Florent Malouda

Madmax

afaik, u21's don't need registering.

--

Also, I'm in favour of Malouda here. Yes he's had the opportunities to leave, however Chelsea's treatment of him has been appalling. He's said after he moves he will reveal all of what Chelsea has been doing to drive him out and I'll look forward to reading because it really does seem like they've made life hell for him. The fact is, if Chelsea did want to release him they can just buy him out of his contract. They're trying to save face by forcing Malouda out and anyone here can see the Frenchman can be a good squad player till the end of his contract. He's hardly Bogarde, because he's not the one who gave him a contract extension to keep him here this long!

I'm also baffled that we're talking about Malouda picking up a weekly wage packet when we've got players like Ferriera doing the same thing........

brilliant you put Paulo in the same bracket as Malouda ...... :wank2:

you deserve a warning for cuntishness in saying there is no difference

That's your opinion, however I maintain my stance. I'm not knocking either of these players because they have a right to stay and pick up their pay for not playing. After all, they have given enough years of service to the club. They're in the same ship, but the club is deciding to punish one and give the other alternative roles.

I don't get how people can blame Malouda? its almost certainly the fault of the club. From what i see he's more than happy to contribute to the first team but is not wanted or used. That's fine and so he continues to train and behave with dignity and class. At no point have I heard that he has refused to play, turned up late to training or insulted any person within the club. Why should he just give up a nice contract and leave to save the Russian a few quid.

That's your opinion, however I maintain my stance. I'm not knocking either of these players because they have a right to stay and pick up their pay for not playing. After all, they have given enough years of service to the club. They're in the same ship, but the club is deciding to punish one and give the other alternative roles.

The difference is purely in the attitude. Malouda goes and whines to the media and moans constantly on twitter about not playing despite him being the one who refused to take a pay cut and go play in Brasil while Paulo helps everyone on the training ground and has never said anything bad about the club.

I agree that Malouda has the contractual right to stay and receive his pay, but once he makes that choice he does not have the right to moan and make the club look bad.

And Paulo is a model professional, completely unfair to compare him to Malouda.

The difference is purely in the attitude. Malouda goes and whines to the media and moans constantly on twitter about not playing despite him being the one who refused to take a pay cut and go play in Brasil while Paulo helps everyone on the training ground and has never said anything bad about the club.

I agree that Malouda has the contractual right to stay and receive his pay, but once he makes that choice he does not have the right to moan and make the club look bad.

I get the attitude thing, but Malouda isn't the first player to complain in the media and he certainly won't be the last. Even if he is talking sh*t in the media, the way he's being treated by the club is really poor.

They don't even realize they're shooting themselves in the foot either. Once Malouda is no longer a Chelsea employee he's going to give a dirt sheet on the insides of this club, I have no doubt about this, and the club is going to look even worse than it does generally in the media. Lampard's attitude in the André Villas-Boas tenure was on par with Malouda but the club hasn't punished him (we can debate the semantics of his contract later) in the way they have with Malouda.

Having a first-team player train with youth players is something lower league clubs do when they have a player who causes mischief or problems within the squad. Malouda seems like he just talked about his frustrations in the media (not that I'm saying that's okay), but he's not someone like Tevez who would refuse to come on in the middle of a game then take a 6-month golfing vacation.

It also shows the further lack of control managers have. Because now the club decides who plays/who doesn't based on contractual matters, which really is pathetic.

I'm only comparing Ferreira & Malouda in the contractual aspect, the fact they're earning a lot knowing they're not going to/hardly going to play any games this season.

I get the attitude thing, but Malouda isn't the first player to complain in the media and he certainly won't be the last. Even if he is talking sh*t in the media, the way he's being treated by the club is really poor.

They don't even realize they're shooting themselves in the foot either. Once Malouda is no longer a Chelsea employee he's going to give a dirt sheet on the insides of this club, I have no doubt about this, and the club is going to look even worse than it does generally in the media. Lampard's attitude in the André Villas-Boas tenure was on par with Malouda but the club hasn't punished him (we can debate the semantics of his contract later) in the way they have with Malouda.

Having a first-team player train with youth players is something lower league clubs do when they have a player who causes mischief or problems within the squad. Malouda seems like he just talked about his frustrations in the media (not that I'm saying that's okay), but he's not someone like Tevez who would refuse to come on in the middle of a game then take a 6-month golfing vacation.

It also shows the further lack of control managers have. Because now the club decides who plays/who doesn't based on contractual matters, which really is pathetic.

I'm only comparing Ferreira & Malouda in the contractual aspect, the fact they're earning a lot knowing they're not going to/hardly going to play any games this season.

But the thing with Malouda is that he chose this. He was clearly told by the club in the summer that he is no longer needed and he got several offers to leave but he chose to stay and not play instead of taking a pay cut. Just like he has the contractual right to stay and see out his contract, the club has the right to not play him or let him train with the first team.

But the thing with Malouda is that he chose this. He was clearly told by the club in the summer that he is no longer needed and he got several offers to leave but he chose to stay and not play instead of taking a pay cut. Just like he has the contractual right to stay and see out his contract, the club has the right to not play him or let him train with the first team.

This is true, but I'm sure he didn't expect this level of resentment from the club. People were outraged by what the club did with Alex & Anelka, I believe this is equally as bad.

This is true, but I'm sure he didn't expect this level of resentment from the club. People were outraged by what the club did with Alex & Anelka, I believe this is equally as bad.

The thing is we still don't know what Alex and Anelka did so we can't really judge that. But in both cases the biggest loser seems to be the club!

You also have to remember Paulo gets opportunities to play with the first team from time to time. Not exactly a reason for a 34 yr old squad player to complain...