Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

Seems to me that most of the senior players here have took their foot off the pedal after winning the Champions League last season. You look at our defenders this season. Apart from Azpilicueta, a new signing this season, the rest of them have been rubbish most of the time or at some point during the season. It's like they don't even bother trying anymore because they have already won everything there is to win here, the PL, FA Cup, CL etc.

Maybe someone needs to come in and do what Guardiola did at Barca, sold Deco, Belleti, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Henry etc or what AVB tried and bleed them out. Some of our senior players could as well go this summer if Roman wants to do it in fact. They have been utter bullshit this season. The amount of times Bran, JT, Cole and Lampard have looked shit this season is ridiculous. Jay Rodriguez destroyed JT and Bran today and hes one of the most average players in the league. Either that or give them a boot up the arse Fergie style.

He had a poor game again today but he's not helped by the fact that we never keep a consistent back four. It's like building a wall and then destroying it over and over again. I feel that at any top club you need to have a consistent defence, especially a CB partnership. Benitez hasn't done that at all this season and that's one of the main reasons why our defence has looked so clueless at times this season; there is no chemistry anymore.

Actually Dave was pretty poor today, nobody mentions that. Oscar was dreadful, yet people go on and slate Lamps. Moses was probably the worst player on the pitch, but Marin gets the stick...

Yes, Bane is having a bad season, but his game is just a reflection of the whole team. He is not even a problem comparing to the utter shit we're in.

Actually Dave was pretty poor today, nobody mentions that. Oscar was dreadful, yet people go on and slate Lamps. Moses was probably the worst player on the pitch, but Marin gets the stick...

Yes, Bane is having a bad season, but his game is just a reflection of the whole team. He is not even a problem comparing to the utter shit we're in.

Azpilicueta wasn't even poor by any means. Wasn't great but certainly not poor like the others.

And to say Ivanovic is not even a problem in the mess we're in now is somewhat ridiculous. He may not be mainly at fault for all of our problems but he's certainly one of the problems. We have conceded a fair amount of goals this season as a result of his woeful passive defending and the goals conceded yesterday simply added to the list. He's not even being affected by the overall team performance as his own individual performance has already been rubbish since pre-season!

Oh. Crap. I might get flamed for this after looking at the above comments, but I thought he wasn't very good today. All those times Hernandez got in behind him and then the fact he let Van Persie stroll around freely in the box had me biting my nails more than I should have!

It was an improvement in general today, and as a defensive unit I guess we were pretty solid, but I wouldn't say today he was faultless or anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Improved in the last few games but gone back to his rubbish self today with the passive defending. Constantly backs off players, caught ball watching more often than not and of course, allowed Aguero to get behind him unmarked to score! :doh: