Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

Come on, Tomo. That first season, at least half of it, Bosingwa was quite the relevation. I remember him getting praise from every corner. His speed and stamina were something else, he was covering the entire right flank. I'm not saying he was Cafu but he was good. Then he got injured. Then he turned to crap.

He was better going forward I'll give him that, but honestly, I always felt he was a defensive liabilty from day one, his first away day at Wigan Palacios tore him a new one, and against United Evra bullied him to set up te first goal, and in The Bridge vs Arsenal he was culpable for the equalize (RVP was offside but it was his dreadful positioning that gave the linesman doubt).

That's off the top off my head, I do vaguely remember other times we conceded and my reaction was Bosingwa should be doing better, I remember arguing till I was blue in the face to my mates who wanted him straight back in ahead of Ivan when he returned from injury, in fact at Christmas in his first season I wanted him dropped for Paulo.

In my opinion he was overrated because of his speed, I felt the same about Kyle Walker, I kept saying he was crap even when he was hyped up as England's new sensation.

HAHA of course Boularouz, we even gave him the number 9 shirt :D:lol: . Remember Del Horno getting himself sent off against Barcelona?! That's probably when Jose knew to go for Ashley Cole

Didn't Boularouz shut down Ronaldinho in one game vs Barcelona?

'If you don’t have a minimum of five tall players good in the air, you are dead on set-pieces. When I play Azpilicueta and Baba, I have only three.’ -Jose

This is the most deluded, appalling, ignorant thing I've ever seen.

First off, that math isn't even right. Playing Azpi and Baba vs Azpi and Iva is a difference of ONE player, Jose. Genuinely concerning for me.

Secondly, if it were THAT big of a deal to have 5 big players in the defensive area then put damn Mikel in next to Matic for a few games till we get our shit sorted. I suppose with Costa, that gives us 5 big guys. Plus the added benefit of not welcoming every cross in from our right side with Azpi there.

Lastly, it's not frickin working, Jose. Stop doing it. Stop making excuses. Swallow your pride. So you gave him the vice-captaincy before the season, who cares? Bench the damn vice-captain. Putting on the shirt, making 150k a week...it's an insult to everyone. Sit his ass.

cant even believe that a sane person would give this logic.

hell, even wenger/brendan would not have given this logic.

utter bullshit. needs to be kicked out of the club

'If you don’t have a minimum of five tall players good in the air, you are dead on set-pieces. When I play Azpilicueta and Baba, I have only three.’ -Jose

This is the most deluded, appalling, ignorant thing I've ever seen.

First off, that math isn't even right. Playing Azpi and Baba vs Azpi and Iva is a difference of ONE player, Jose. Genuinely concerning for me.

Secondly, if it were THAT big of a deal to have 5 big players in the defensive area then put damn Mikel in next to Matic for a few games till we get our shit sorted. I suppose with Costa, that gives us 5 big guys. Plus the added benefit of not welcoming every cross in from our right side with Azpi there.

Lastly, it's not frickin working, Jose. Stop doing it. Stop making excuses. Swallow your pride. So you gave him the vice-captaincy before the season, who cares? Bench the damn vice-captain. Putting on the shirt, making 150k a week...it's an insult to everyone. Sit his ass.

btw we started with only 3 "tall" outfield players vs southamtpon anyway (6'1 is about the average height where i live anyway so hardly tall) and were not even in danger conceding from a set piece. Mourinho's logic is so flawed, i don't get why we have to take this carp, Mourinho is so full of shit. If height is the only issue, a club with our budget really should be able to acquire one of the hundreds of fullbacks who are taller and better than Ivanvoic. Why pay 30m for Baba when he is that tiny in the first place?

I don't get how Brana is getting all this sympathy for being a 'scapegoat' .. its easy to forget his abysmal performances through out this year because everybody else is getting worse on the pitch right now but I still believe our RB is our biggest problem

When you think about it. Mourinho really is a rich man's Roy Hodgson. inclination for Big, tall, powerful, athletic players, banks of four, lion-heart, passion, awful football and all that. He should consider taking over as England manager when he leaves Chelsea (which I hope will be at the end of the season) He would fit right in.

I don't get how Brana is getting all this sympathy for being a 'scapegoat' .. its easy to forget his abysmal performances through out this year because everybody else is getting worse on the pitch right now but I still believe our RB is our biggest problem

You answered your own question above. Every player is playing well below their norm - Ivas drop in form is smaller than other players but his form wasn't that great last season so it shows.

However! Iva plays in a peripheral position which is by definition less important.

It does not matter whether Iva gets targeted or not like someone said above - playing attacking fullbacks who are a defensive liability is hardly something new and teams cope just fine. :)

You answered your own question above. Every player is playing well below their norm - Ivas drop in form is smaller than other players but his form wasn't that great last season so it shows.

However! Iva plays in a peripheral position which is by definition less important.

It does not matter whether Iva gets targeted or not like someone said above - playing attacking fullbacks who are a defensive liability is hardly something new and teams cope just fine. :)

I also agree Iva was poor last season and the one before that

I don't believe the RB is a less important role in our system since we don't deploy pure wingers to create width

He is as bad at attacking as he is at defending

I also agree Iva was poor last season and the one before that

I don't believe the RB is a less important role in our system since we don't deploy pure wingers to create width

He is as bad at attacking as he is at defending

He isn't a RB and should have never been played there. Some of his recent goals have masked his overall contribution in that position. If Mou wants to field 4 defensive minded players at the back; I would prefer Zouma as our RB.