AC Milan 0 - 2 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

2 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

That's risky at 2-0 though. 

Seen us chuck away many leads over the years.

Just think we could have gone for 3 or 4.

Oh well - we won - that's the main thing 👌

Not really 10 men, there shoulders slumped, controlled the game perfect.

2 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Really how many? 2 half decent chances? I must have been watching a different game. We got to their box and dithered around. It was slightly embarrassing at times 🤣

You must of been because to called any part of that performance embarrassing is in its self embarrassing 

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

Not really 10 men, there shoulders slumped, controlled the game perfect.

Yeah I'm just disappointed we didn't make a real statement out of it.

Oh well can't have everything. Top of the group is good enough 

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

You must of been because to called any part of that performance embarrassing is in its self embarrassing 

I said when we had 3 players all dithering around the edge of the box - getting in each others way and not really having a clue on how to attack.

But sure - misconstrue what I said 👍

Just now, Muzchap said:

Yeah I'm just disappointed we didn't make a real statement out of it.

Oh well can't have everything. Top of the group is good enough 

5 nil over 2 legs, including shutting them down in an 80,000 packed San Siro, IN ITALY where we are always shit. IS a statement

Just now, Vesper said:

5 nil over 2 legs, including shutting them down in an 80,000 packed San Siro, IN ITALY where we are always shit. IS a statement

Not to mention.. 3 games in 6 days, 3 comfortable wins, 8-0, important players rotated and rested. Pp

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

That Aubameyang flip freaks me out every time btw. Used to do it as a kid and almost broke my back before I finally got the hang of it and even then did not get it right every time. Last time he undercooked it now he had too much front rotation… does not look as clean as in his Dortmund days

Lol I think the same thing. He's getting older so should probably chill out on the flips...

Just now, Vesper said:

I guess - just felt underwhelming to only be 2-0 when they had 10 men for most of the game and our strikers/midfielders (except Aubu) need some goals and a bit more confidence. 

I guess I'm harshly comparing us to City - they just seem ruthless this year in comparison.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

That Aubameyang flip freaks me out every time btw. Used to do it as a kid and almost broke my back before I finally got the hang of it and even then did not get it right every time. Last time he undercooked it now he had too much front rotation… does not look as clean as in his Dortmund days

Yeah panicked as I thought he grabbed his hamstring when he stumbled and regained his feet. That would be an awful way to lose him.

Sky Sports News' Gary Cotterill at the San Siro:

"The 4,300 Chelsea fans right at the top of tier three here have been on their feet singing all game, but it's almost impossible to hear them because these home San Siro crowds are just so noisy.

"Good effort though from the travelling blues - and well worth the air fare."

4 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

I guess - just felt underwhelming to only be 2-0 when they had 10 men for most of the game and our strikers/midfielders (except Aubu) need some goals and a bit more confidence. 

I guess I'm harshly comparing us to City - they just seem ruthless this year in comparison.

That second half was very much Tuchel ball. Slow possession with zero ideas up front. 

Hopefully it was just us in a coasting mood. 

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Imagine losing him because of that!

6 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

we do not have Citeh's players

if we tried to play like them we would get shredded on the counter

and we DID create a lot of good chances in the 2nd half

it wasn't like we purely parked the bus