Southampton 2-1 Chelsea

James

12 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Mendy

Chalobah Koulibaly Cucurella

James Jorginho RLC Chilwell

Pulisic Havertz Sterling 

Agree with this lineup. Time to manage Silva's minutes

You know what would be nice? Our first stress free, straight forward, comfortable win of the season so far. 

Unfortunately, I can’t see it. Injuries, suspensions, and stopgap solutions in key areas of the XI will probably mean another stressful match. I didn’t watch their game against United but apparently they were pretty decent despite losing. Maybe Kai and Mase will finally wake up tomorrow?

Just watched the 'unseen' video of the Leicester game that the club put up on their website and towards the end of the game Silva looked visibly exhausted. I do think with Koulibaly back from suspension, this might be a game Tuchel looks to pull him out and give him a rest. 

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Just watched the 'unseen' video of the Leicester game that the club put up on their website and towards the end of the game Silva looked visibly exhausted. I do think with Koulibaly back from suspension, this might be a game Tuchel looks to pull him out and give him a rest. 

Silva was absolutely fucked at 70 minutes god knows how he played the whole game. He came crashing into me in the Matthew Harding Lower and i had to pick him up!

2 minutes ago, James said:

Silva was absolutely fucked at 70 minutes god knows how he played the whole game. He came crashing into me in the Matthew Harding Lower and i had to pick him up!

Funny thing was, as we dropped deeper and Leicester put pressure on in the last 10-15 minutes he was an absolute warrior.

It's quite extraordinary that we signed a near 36 year old who is now going into his third season here and is still the best defender at the club and in a situation where we have to be concerned about when and where to rest him because he's that important to the team.

Beyond Silva though, everyone had to put a serious shift in on Saturday. I can see Southampton being a tougher game than it really should be purely because of that. 

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Funny thing was, as we dropped deeper and Leicester put pressure on in the last 10-15 minutes he was an absolute warrior.

It's quite extraordinary that we signed a near 36 year old who is now going into his third season here and is still the best defender at the club and in a situation where we have to be concerned about when and where to rest him because he's that important to the team.

Beyond Silva though, everyone had to put a serious shift in on Saturday. I can see Southampton being a tougher game than it really should be purely because of that. 

I am hoping a win with 10 men from basically the start will give us great confidence from now.

Reece will be a massive loss if true, but with Koulibaly back and if Tuchel opts to play 4 at the back again there shouldn't be a huge shuffle around, it'll likely just be Azpi in for James.

Obvious drop in quality but like a few others in our squad, Reece is someone that will need managing as games start coming thick and fast.