Southampton 2-1 Chelsea

James

We are in a complete mess. We so badly need a centre forward to lead the line — but as I keep saying, unless we change the way we play , he would never see the ball !! Also agree we have no leader and that’s what Rudi was, our leader. I rated Tuchel but beginning to think I was wrong — one dimensional and he seems obsessed with Jorginho . We are just soooooo boring

Back to back away games now where we've been out battled by a significantly inferior team who simply wanted it more.

To me that's unforgiveable.

People who wanted Tuchel to switch to a back 4 can now see why it doesn't work. Leaves us far too open at the back because without Kante we haven't got a midfielder capable of breaking up play, and only adds another ineffective attacker to the team.

Mount and Havertz have dropped completely off the grid this season. I can appreciate the work rate that Havertz in particular puts in, but ultimately we need quality from him in the attacking positions and he's offering far too little at the moment. Maybe they've both become too comfortable, unfortunately when they see options behind them like Pulisic and Ziyech I can probably understand why.

Pulisic's cameo was nothing short of a joke and I'm not having the 'right wing back' excuse, because when chasing a game he's effectively going to be lining up as a winger. How are some of these players supposed to convince Tuchel for more game time when they produce that? He should be looking at the form of Mount and Havertz and sense an opportunity to force his way into the side but there's absolutely no desire being shown to do so.

I think the time has come to give Broja a run in the side in place of Havertz for sure. The problem is besides Sterling you still have to play at least one of the others at the moment when none of them are justifying anything. I'd seriously consider playing Vale up there instead at present.

6 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

We lost cohesion with ending of prime Fabregas. Hazard did partly fill in, but we lack any playmaking, vision and creativity since then. Until we will find a new creator and leader, who is unfortunately not Jorghi, we are doomed and no 100 mil transfer of 15yo defender will change that.

We are just repeating, in a worse of better manner, some play schemes, but without lively playmaking we will suffer forever

Like I said elsewhere the age of the great playmakers is over.
The ones you remember shined because no one was marking them.
Tsartas of the Greece eurowinner team who also played for Sevilla was nicknamed the magician. Apart from being a great playmaker he could score from corners too.
But the opponents rather unkindly made fun of him for his shiny appareil when it was raining and everybody else was covered in mud.
That proves something and it's the same for all other number 10s of old.
Today's football is total war.
Tonight Southampton deserved it but it is also 100% down to the absance of the defense from the match. I don't mean individual quality but there was no coordination whatsoever.
If you give me the space Lavia had in the Southampton first goal I can score 10 goals in every match, at the age of 97. Have you seen that before in football after a corner ?

Just now, James said:

Every Chelsea player came and clapped the away support apart from Pulisic. 🙄

Fuck Captain Septic

yank wank, spoilt, a huge sense of entitlement, and a pouter (Ziyech is the Moroccan version)

An even more depressing thing to think about is that none of the players we’re linked with really solves our issues. Fofana will be a massive help because it takes long past it Azpi out of the team hopefully for good. So we should shape up defensively. But he may take time to settle. And then Auba can’t be worse than Havertz but without a creative player in behind he’ll never even get service.

I don’t see any chance at all that we finish top 4 unless there’s a secret deal for a world class midfielder being worked on. And we know there isn’t.

The only bright spot of this season so far came against Spuds when Kante totally dominated midfield and we asserted ourselves. Then he picks up his millionth injury in the last few years and we’re a dead team.

14 minutes ago, cfccrost said:

Its the end of august and im already fed up with this season

Thank goodness for CFCW. Already had a great transfer window and it may not be done since one of the standout players at Euro '22 is making it plain to PSG that she wants to move to Chelsea. While the CFCM squad is woefully inadequate, last season's double winning CFCW group has been significantly strengthened, whereas CFCM struggles to attract players, CFCW has a lot more pull in the market. 

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

An even more depressing thing to think about is that none of the players we’re linked with really solves our issues. Fofana will be a massive help because it takes long past it Azpi out of the team hopefully for good. So we should shape up defensively. But he may take time to settle. And then Auba can’t be worse than Havertz but without a creative player in behind he’ll never even get service.

I don’t see any chance at all that we finish top 4 unless there’s a secret deal for a world class midfielder being worked on. And we know there isn’t.

The only bright spot of this season so far came against Spuds when Kante totally dominated midfield and we asserted ourselves. Then he picks up his millionth injury in the last few years and we’re a dead team.

Name me some playmakers who would also be good for Chelsea. You may include Modric.

Didn't get a chance to watch today due to the bad time for Australia, but is it our midfield again? 

Given our defence, I don't think that is the problem. Even with a great defence, you need your midfield being that first line of help, and it seems that is where all of our problems are... There is no connecting piece to link from defence to attack. 

I'll go out on a limb and say that I think we would be fine in attack, not great, but fine, if we just had better midfield creation. Jorgi is the biggest thing holding us back IMO, but we don't have anyone who can carry the ball. Hazard used to do that for us. Kante believe it or not, did that for us a fair bit. Kovacic does, but he is injured a lot too. We are small, fairly slow and no one can carry the ball in midfield. We therefore rarely catch teams in bad positions and capitalise, but set up against more set defences and walls. Given that we are fairly slow, we are also getting outworked when we have to defend. 

Get a DM and someone who can carry the ball forward, because that is the biggest thing we are missing. 

Although Pulisic has stagnated (in a bad way), and seems to be annoyed at something/someone, we can't win games conceding the way we do. Can't chase 2 goals away from home, or even at home every match. Sometimes we will find a way to score, but more likely than not we will come short and lose out.

In my view, when people start talking about lack of fighting, will, grit, it's usually really just lack of quality. The job of a big club is to have enough abundant quality that it should find a way to win even when the other side wants it more.

Defense is very concerning atm and no, the 3 CBs don't work very well. They are all older players who lack mobility, which is the striking difference from the past seasons. When playing 3 at the back, it's VERY important that the CBs have the mobility and quality to step into the midfield for both pressing and build up. The CBs we've got now cannot do that because they lack physically (pace/mobility). Ironically Azpi still can do some of it, but he never had the ball playing quality to do that well.

Not looking good and I don't think there is much the manager can do without the right players IMO.

Edited by robsblubot

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I didnt think we'd get top 4 anyway so no surprise if we don't. Pre season had huge warning signs and it's carried on really. Not good enough.

Look at city or pool. Both have the cdm aka rodri or fabinho who are strong and can tackle so the rest of the midfield can be at rest

Jorginho is slow and can not tackle, the other player who plays besides him is having a whole day of work.

Id play the Italian kid, or chalobah there, if not we can play kova there but he will as kante or rlc get injured 😅

We need Fdj or Kone or someone who doesnt lose a tackle

Our outfield players are being deservedly criticised, but at what point should Mendy take a large part of the blame. He gifted Leeds their first, got beaten at his near post by Barnes & was questionable yet again for Southampton's first.

The lack of accountability followed by punishment for bad performance from top to bottom is starting to become a regular thing, which is costing us dearly.

Edited by LAM09

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

I didnt think we'd get top 4 anyway so no surprise if we don't. Pre season had huge warning signs and it's carried on really. Not good enough.

I still don’t understand it, though. We only lost TWO players. One of which wasn’t even a nailed on starter. It’s not like our team was dismantled and we lost 5 of our best players. We’ve brought in 3 (soon to be 4 tomorrow) very good signings. And yet we have zero spark at all. 

The bulk of the blame therefore has to fall on the manager. To look at our midfield situation where Kante is constantly injured and Jorginho can’t fucking run and to ALSO know that both are in their last contract year and still decide we didn’t need a top class midfielder is negligence. It’s unforgivable. Likewise entering the final 2 days of the window without having signed a striker and thinking Havertz is sufficient. 

We should’ve should’ve sold BOTH Kante and Jorginho and rebuilt the midfield THIS summer. And we should’ve identified a striker months ago. Criminal that we didn’t blitz City for Jesus.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I still don’t understand it, though. We only lost TWO players. One of which wasn’t even a nailed on starter. It’s not like our team was dismantled and we lost 5 of our best players. We’ve brought in 3 (soon to be 4 tomorrow) very good signings. And yet we have zero spark at all. 

The bulk of the blame therefore has to fall on the manager. To look at our midfield situation where Kante is constantly injured and Jorginho can’t fucking run and to ALSO know that both are in their last contract year and still decide we didn’t need a top class midfielder is negligence. It’s unforgivable. Likewise entering the final 2 days of the window without having signed a striker and thinking Havertz is sufficient. 

We should’ve should’ve sold BOTH Kante and Jorginho and rebuilt the midfield THIS summer. And we should’ve identified a striker months ago. Criminal that we didn’t blitz City for Jesus.

Trouble is and said this on the transfer topic. People get worried about lack of signings in areas and get told to calm down there is time things will happen....oh look! This is why people get worried early on!

And yeah we've ungeled. Don't look put together and so slow! Arsenal have made signings and have put themselves together. Spurs bit iffy but winning. Liverpool/City aren't a concern.

I dunno where to start or finish so fuck it.

ATM this group of players and TT need a serious look in the fucking mirror. Sack the fucking lot of them off and play youth next game can't be any worse than watching them fackless useless prices of shit that call them selfs football players? Beyond a fucking joke. The passion has gone to drive everything! It's asif ever player has fallen out with this club. Yes TT has to take some blame BUT u cannot blame a manager for us not been able to pass a fucking ball or simple marking and tracking runs its an absolute fucking disgrace. I blame them all 200m would of been better spent going up a crack heads nose. Fucking wankers the lot of um.