31. Cesare Casadei

Blues Forever

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

His performances in Argentina have demonstrated that he has promise, but do we really want to take the opportunity and maybe halt his growth in the process?

It's a hard one that only Poch will have the answer to. Before giving him a significant part in the club, I'm leaning towards loaning him out to a team like Fulham for a season to let him get used to the Premier League and hope he performs (I know Gallagher went down that route).

So did cowil and he's fallen in love with Brighton and wants to leave, loans can turn players heads.

13 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

So did cowil and he's fallen in love with Brighton and wants to leave, loans can turn players heads.

I think that has more to do with our current predicament. If we finished 2nd and were in the CL, there wouldn't be any of this talk.

The odd example or two are exceptions rather than the rule.

45 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I think that has more to do with our current predicament. If we finished 2nd and were in the CL, there wouldn't be any of this talk.

The odd example or two are exceptions rather than the rule.

Maybe, but if colwill thinks that a permanent move to Brighton is a better idea than staying at a regular top 4 , 2x champions league winner, then we have more issues than we can see.

3 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Maybe, but if colwill thinks that a permanent move to Brighton is a better idea than staying at a regular top 4 , 2x champions league winner, then we have more issues than we can see.

Some players are shortsighted, and he has already established himself there, whereas he'd have to fight for a place here.

There are a host of reasons he might favour staying at Brighton, should those rumours be true. 

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Some players are shortsighted, and he has already established himself there, whereas he'd have to fight for a place here.

There are a host of reasons he might favour staying at Brighton, should those rumours be true. 

I'd also maybe go as far as saying "maybe we should sell him" I'm sick and tired of watching players that don't want to be here.

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I'd also maybe go as far as saying "maybe we should sell him" I'm sick and tired of watching players that don't want to be here.

I'm with you. There's no point in having someone who could potentially be special in five years if he doesn't want to be part of our present.

58 minutes ago, Vesper said:

so far he and Santos look like brilliant signings

In fairness to the new regime, the young signings that have been made all look like they have huge potential and have been picked up at the right times. 

If we were looking at Casadei after this tournament, Santos after the tournament he won with Brazil recently, or even the new kid we've bought now he's been called up to Ecuador's senior squad, they'd all be significantly more expensive to the deals we made at the time for them.

I know it's very much still potential to be realised, but it does bode well that the scouting within that age bracket seems to have improved, and we're maybe looking at areas like South America directly rather than waiting for those players to secure moves to Europe first and develop a little. 

The signings made in January I also think are largely promising too and in the right environment which hopefully we'll have this coming season under Poch and a streamlined squad, we can see improvements. 

• 1 month later...

What are we talking about? Loan to Championship? Waste of time... Best player of U20 World Cup, this night showed he is ready. We also saw Poch using 3 MFs so there is definitely place for him. Not sure about game time but what a gem.

I am thinking Enzo and Caicedo starting in double pivot. Keep Casadei, Santos and Gallagher and if you want buy 6th MFer. Chuck must go on loan, nowhere near that level and not sure will ever be.

If loan is decision in the end maybe one of the better Bundesliga teams. You can see why Juve wants him. This guy would start next season in every Seria A team.

Also needs to be moved from youth on this forum.

• 4 weeks later...