Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

Was going by the 120m euros figure- that was 101m pounds. Not sure what the final fee was. If Grealish is higher- perfect. Less pressure that way

I think the board made a point of not breaking the record. Hence the 97.5m figure 

3 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

I doubt it. More like Saloman Kalou. Will miss a ton of chances but will have some moments. Will still be a useful squad member, but it begs the question 'why did we let him go in the first place?' We could've avoided Morata and used him as backup for Costa. 

I expect us to keep playing with a false 9 against City and Pool and use Lukaku to give us a different dimension against lower teams. 

Kalou cost nothing in comparison.

Like ex-partners, should never go back.

Can we please just wait and see IF he fits in our team. So much he doesn't suit us he shouldn't be here, he will score goals and nothing eles. Good we fuking need goals, because tbh there hasn't been any 1 eles banging them in. U haven't even seen him kick a ball in this team yet. I no some of your are disappointed and u have a right to be if u don't like him, but please give him a chance trust TT and trust the club. If this all fails then fair enough go bananas, but cmon some comments on here is like we are already 10 games in, he could turn out to be a torres Moratta buy, or he could just turn out to be a Diego buy.

I haven’t seen anyone wish him anything but well, it’s just associated disappointed to our transfers this summer after the elation of the UCL.

I think I can confidently say that we all wish him the very best, but we’ve gone from Haaland to Lukaku, no matter how improbable the first may have ever been.

Edited by DH1988

34 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

I doubt it. More like Saloman Kalou. Will miss a ton of chances but will have some moments. Will still be a useful squad member, but it begs the question 'why did we let him go in the first place?' We could've avoided Morata and used him as backup for Costa. 

I expect us to keep playing with a false 9 against City and Pool and use Lukaku to give us a different dimension against lower teams. 

if he is remotely like Kalou, we are FUCKED

e30e50b688f583f32fb0a642bcc0c0b8.pngc79d84d8084d5d6ac0afd975aaf6bc2f.png

3 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

There is no chance TT will let go of Werner

Jorginho too. We are light on CM as it is. No way he is letting Jorginho go. He right now is more crucial to us than Werner. De Ligt rumours are rubbish, I am sure.

17 minutes ago, Stats said:

Jorginho too. We are light on CM as it is. No way he is letting Jorginho go. He right now is more crucial to us than Werner. De Ligt rumours are rubbish, I am sure.

Yes Jorgy too, he wont stand for it and neither should he.....

1 hour ago, BluesMadLad said:

Can we please just wait and see IF he fits in our team. So much he doesn't suit us he shouldn't be here, he will score goals and nothing eles. Good we fuking need goals, because tbh there hasn't been any 1 eles banging them in. U haven't even seen him kick a ball in this team yet. I no some of your are disappointed and u have a right to be if u don't like him, but please give him a chance trust TT and trust the club. If this all fails then fair enough go bananas, but cmon some comments on here is like we are already 10 games in, he could turn out to be a torres Moratta buy, or he could just turn out to be a Diego buy.

Actually, if we can sell Tammy for £40million - then I can probably get behind this.

At that point Lukaku is £57m net... (transfer fees).

Which is fair enough.

I just can't believe we have dropped £97million on him though - without even trying to chop some dead wood in.

If he can score against the smaller teams then great - I just don't see him contributing in the big games - he goes missing.

Edited by Muzchap

5 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Actually, if we can sell Tammy for £40million - then I can probably get behind this.

Which is fair enough.

I just can't believe we have dropped £97million on him though - without even trying to chop some dead wood in.

If he can score against the smaller teams then great - I just don't see him contributing in the big games - he goes missing.

We have already made over £50m in transfer fees already. Tomori for £25m. Guehi for around or just under the £20m mark. Sold Moses for just under £4m and sold Livramento to Southampton for £5m. If Abraham was to go then for £40m, the fees sold combined would be very close to what we have spent for Lukaku.

38 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

From the sounds of it we've tried knocking down the fee with the likes of Alonso and Zappacosta included in the deal but Inter just want a straight cash deal.

1 hour ago, Muzchap said:

Which is fair enough.

What?! If we pay 115m for fucking lukaku that’s what we paid! 
however much we made from sales is irrelevant in this.

Really overpaying for this one… so many better players potentially avail at this, or much less, price.

just watching herthas Matheus cunha for Brazil in the olympics… good promising striker and 22.

Edited by robsblubot

Yeah, have to agree those acrobatic calculations are meaningless. We paid a crapton of money and potential balancing it with transfer income or matchday income or Roman's allowance doesn't change this fact at all. 

Romelu Lukaku will be soon in London to sign his contract as new Chelsea player. Work in progress to plan for travel, medical and unveiling next week. Blue circleFlag of Belgium #CFC After Lukaku, Chelsea will focus on next signing - Koundé always favourite option as centre back but not agreed yet.