Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I simply do not see what Lampard sees in Chilwell over Reguilon, especially at the crazy price difference. Surely we could toss some extra quid in to RM to get them to back off the buyback clause and STILL be nowhere near Chilwell's cost. Reguilon just looks far more polished and finished, and they are the exact same age basically and exact same size. Reguilon just seems more technically skilled and pacier, and judging off what I see on a deep dive, he also has a great motor and doesn't coast.

I think him being English and well used to the rigors and grind of the PL play a big part. We really have to get our defensive signings right this summer. Perhaps Frank and the club view Chilwell as less of a risk since he has played in this league for years? Who knows. Maybe they just think Chilwell has the higher ceiling.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see him play for us a few times. The price isn't nearly as crazy or ridiculous as it looked like it would be. If it's £50m that's the same thing City paid for each of Walker and Mendy. Cancelo was even more. AWB cost £50m to United and he's nearly useless going forward. I think it's a fair enough price for Chilwell when you consider his contract length, age, nationality, and the fact that Leicester are a rival for top 4.

CB's left who we still have been linked with during the last 2 weeks

no real order

José Giménez   <<<< I think he will be too expensive, I just cannot see Atleti letting him go for anywhere near a reasonable price, unless (and I so doubt thsi happens) Simeone leaves, and even then, why would they sell him?
Milan Skriniar <<<< Conte REALLY doesnt rate him, complete freezeout, I think we can do business via a swap + cash IF Conte doesn't get sacked (IF Conte is sacked as well as Sarri, then our last 2 managers have now so fucked our sales plans via getting cashiered)
Lewis Dunk  << anything over £25/30m or so is just not worth it, English tax be damned, he turns 29yo in less than 3 months, and he is no Thiago Silva genetic freak
Thiago Silva  < I am all in for him as a stopgap he is the second best CB on the planet over 33yo, after Ramos (who is a year and a half younger), and has a year left in his tank from all that I have seen. Thiago looks and plays like he is a 30/31yo, not a 35yo who is soon 36

and for next year

Dayot Upamecano <<<<<<< a €42 million release clause, which will be active as soon as the summer 2021 window opens, he surely must be a top target next summer

I do not think I am leaving anyone else as all these are still linked, and players like Ginter are off the board in terms of any rumours

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think him being English and well used to the rigors and grind of the PL play a big part. We really have to get our defensive signings right this summer. Perhaps Frank and the club view Chilwell as less of a risk since he has played in this league for years? Who knows. Maybe they just think Chilwell has the higher ceiling.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see him play for us a few times. The price isn't nearly as crazy or ridiculous as it looked like it would be. If it's £50m that's the same thing City paid for each of Walker and Mendy. Cancelo was even more. AWB cost £50m to United and he's nearly useless going forward. I think it's a fair enough price for Chilwell when you consider his contract length, age, nationality, and the fact that Leicester are a rival for top 4.

I have seen no solid evidence that his price has been lowered by £30m or so.

I do not think that Ben is shit at all, but I am truly worried that his insane price will fuck us up going after other also needed players.

Not sure if it is valid to count for two seasons but if we count 19/20 season and 20/21 (for now) we are around +100m in net spend on transfers. This is with Ziyech and Werner.

Also if reports are true we will pay now 65m pounds for Havertz and 45-50m for Chilwell. Bonuses and add ones come in next years... And we get Silva for free I hope.

So if we add Boga money and loan fees we are even with them close to zero. And we still need to sell Michy, Emerson, Bakayoko, Barkley and others... So this could be another 100m to spend on Rice, Oblak?

And if Rice is coming I imagine Jorginho would be sold to Roma? 

So I think after Ziyech, Werner, Chilwell, Havertz and Silva we are still not finished with buying new players. If we sell all the deadwood we can easily buy two new players.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

I watch plenty of Ligue 1. He's still the best CB in the league. He's fast enough to play in a high line despite his age but I would have one of Zouma/Rudiger/Tomori playing next to him and do the running if possible. PSG have the ball at all times so his runs over there are limited. Things will be different in the PL IMO. I don't think I need to go into the other aspects of his game. Unless his body can't keep up anymore which isn't the case at the moment, he's very much world class. He will be a big loss for them.

If he signs here, I'm really hoping Tomori stays. He would learn so much playing next to him.

How much would Pope cost?

And I qoute :

„The net worth of Papa Francisco has always been in discussion as the numbers are low for a Pope. His worth is estimated to be around $25 to $28 million. This number varies with different estimations. Moreover, Pope Francis holds control of various assets in the Vatican. These assets do not add up to his net worth."

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Not sure if it is valid to count for two seasons but if we count 19/20 season and 20/21 (for now) we are around +100m in net spend on transfers. This is with Ziyech and Werner.

Also if reports are true we will pay now 65m pounds for Havertz and 45-50m for Chilwell. Bonuses and add ones come in next years... And we get Silva for free I hope.

So if we add Boga money and loan fees we are even with them close to zero. And we still need to sell Michy, Emerson, Bakayoko, Barkley and others... So this could be another 100m to spend on Rice, Oblak?

And if Rice is coming I imagine Jorginho would be sold to Roma? 

So I think after Ziyech, Werner, Chilwell, Havertz and Silva we are still not finished with buying new players. If we sell all the deadwood we can easily buy two new players.

I think any deal for T Silva will be an indication whether Rice is coming or not this summer because he is marked as the centre-back target

50 minutes ago, Valdo said:

And I qoute :

„The net worth of Papa Francisco has always been in discussion as the numbers are low for a Pope. His worth is estimated to be around $25 to $28 million. This number varies with different estimations. Moreover, Pope Francis holds control of various assets in the Vatican. These assets do not add up to his net worth."

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

😂

Edit: Pope is 28 already?? Wow I thought he was 24 or something...

Please tell me this is not true...

Chelsea are in advanced talks with Paris St-Germain captain Thiago Silva, with the 35-year-old Brazil defender set to leave on a free transfer after Sunday's Champions League final against Bayern Munich. (The Athletic - subscription required

3 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Please tell me this is not true...

Chelsea are in advanced talks with Paris St-Germain captain Thiago Silva, with the 35-year-old Brazil defender set to leave on a free transfer after Sunday's Champions League final against Bayern Munich. (The Athletic - subscription required

Agent offered him to Chelsea. Decision next week after Sunday's final

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Is Alaba leaving? If he is, then he should be the centre-back target. (I'm sure we don't have a big chance of landing him but we should throw our hat into the mix)

Again like has been stated many times even if Alaba is leaving he's a really, really expensive option. Getting him would take a €30-35M transfer fee and wages of €300-400K/wk on a 3-4 year contract. That's roughly a €100M total investment with zero resale value in a few years. Alaba at the moment is a world class player and would improve the team a lot but the only way a signing like that would make any sense if he's the key piece in the puzzle between finishing top4 and a league title, which I'm not that convinced he would be because the rest of the team is not ready for that just yet. So Alaba is neither a realistic target financially nor does he fit the profile of the players the club are mainly targeting (potentially top class players aged 21-24).

Thiago Silva, if signed, will only be considered a short-term fix on reasonable money. Fiorentina offered him a two-year deal at £70K/wk and he came close to accepting that before Chelsea started negotiations so one would assume he wouldn't be getting crazy wages at Chelsea either. Still probably more than Fiorentina are willing to pay (especially if the club only offer him a 1y deal) but nothing out of the ordinary.

It's clear the club have decided to try getting Thiago Silva because he's a cheap stop-gap before going back in for the likes of Declan Rice later. The budget is not unlimited so after Werner, Ziyech, Chillwell and probably Havertz some positions need to be filled with cheaper players and I for one would much rather sign Silva on a free and save up all the money for priority targets next year than settle for some mediocre £20-30M signing now. The club made that mistake with the likes of Drinky and Zappacosta a few years ago and are still suffering for it. 

Nobody knows if Silva at 36 will be good enough for the PL, especially given the intense fixture scheduling, but at least he's a great team leader and can still have a big influence in the dressing room even if his level has dropped a little bit from his best days. So at the very least he should be a good example to the current CBs and maybe they could learn a thing or two from him. And who knows, maybe he will still be a great player for at least a year. On a free transfer and reasonable wages the risk is really low, if it doesn't work out he will walk away when the contract is up and if he can still do a job at a level that improves the team then great. 

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

How much would Pope cost?

I see Pope getting mentioned a lot, however I think it is more hassle than it is worth. I mean seriously, does anyone think having him in a changing room with so many young men is a good idea?