Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

35 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Neto and Felix are not true LWers, and Carney is an AMF/CMF, never a winger

I’m counting on that actually… I mean Neto not Felix. Think Neto can do Mount’s role (pulled back winger) in his own way of course, but the key part is to solidify the midfield.

I saw carney do that too when deployed on the left (think it was when injured his knee), but I have no idea about his fitness these days; feels like the club has lost faith in him atm.

of course Maresca may have other ideas like projecting the defense line forward, but we are not sure we have the quality in the cbs for that.

Maybe even Maresca does not yet know how to get this team clicking just yet. We will find out soon.

Edited by robsblubot

19 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I saw carney do that too when deployed on the left, but I have no idea about his fitness these days; feels like the club lost faith in him atm.

I know many here will disagree with me (and that is totally ok, as this is a pure judgement call) but I think we should NOT have purchased KDH and just rolled with Carney for the MF role that we deploy KDH in.

It would have saved us £30m in transfer fees, and around £31.2m in salary (as KDH signed a 6 year contract at what is likely around £100K PW)

that £61.2m or so for KDH in toto is a shedload in cash for a (IMHO) Championship level player, or maybe, at best, a lower half of the EPL table team level player

I simply do not see anything major that KDH does that Carney cannot do.

PLUS we have Santos next year as well.

I hope I have to eat my words, btw, as I have no ill will whatsoever against KDH, he seems a likeable enough bloke.

Edited by Vesper

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I know many here will disagree with me (and that is totally ok, as this is a pure judgement call) but I think we should NOT have purchased KDH and just rolled with Carney for the MF role that we deploy KDH in.

It would have saved us £30m in transfer fees, and around £31.2m in salary (as KDH signed a 6 year contract at what is likely around £100K PW)

that £61.2m or so for KDH in toto is a shedload in cash for a (IMHO) Championship level player, or maybe, at best, a lower half of the EPL table team level player

I simply do not see anything major that KDH does that Carney cannot do.

PLUS we have Santos next year as well.

I hope I have to eat my words, btw, as I have no ill will whatsoever against KDH, he seems a likeable enough bloke.

Don’t think you are too far off from what we have seen so far. It was definitely an expensive signing considering where from.

I just hope it’s the shock of facing much better, as well as more physical, opposition and he will have to up his game. Well, if he can’t do it, hardly the first expensive flop we had.

regarding Carney… so let know what to think right now.

Edited by robsblubot

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Don’t think you are too far off from what we have seen so far. It was definitely an expensive signing considering where from.

I just hope it’s the shock of facing much better, as well as more physical, opposition and he will have to up his game. Well, if he can’t do it, hardly the first expensive flop we had.

IF we were hellbent on an HG MFer, would have much rather went for Adam Wharton or Matt O'Riley

non HG:

Quinten Timber (Jurriën Timber's twin brother (they turned 23 in mid-June), who is a CMF and who has exploded at Feyenoord

btw

24b0b71bd16adac87089b77825ee7454.png

now:

• 16:30, 30 AUG 2024

Latest reports and our stance

Varela has been linked with Liverpool with the Argentina international reportedly having a release clause set at €70million (£59m). However, Argentinian outlet TyC Sports have reported his release clause has risen to €90m (£76m) in the last few days as the Portuguese giants are determined to keep hold of their captain.

(€90m is 99.8 million USD atm in FOREX)

325be5ec2ad7754671d1ed5adf3181a9.png

Edited by Vesper

Chelsea agree Harvey Vale deal with Al Ettifaq, decision now up to player

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5726031/2024/08/27/Chelsea-harvey-vale-al-ettifaq-saudi-transfer/

harvey-vale-eng-1-scaled-e1724762890622-

Chelsea have agreed an undisclosed fee with Saudi Pro League club Al Ettifaq for the sale of academy graduate Harvey Vale.

As The Athletic reported on Saturday, Chelsea have decided to consider offers for the 20-year-old after loan spells at Hull City and Bristol Rovers respectively in the past two seasons.

Sources close to Vale have indicated that Al Ettifaq have offered a bigger salary than the player is on at Stamford Bridge but he is not going to rush his decision.

The England Under-20 international, who has just 12 months left of his contract at Chelsea left to run, also has a lot of interest from clubs in England and in Europe.

Moving to Al-Ettifaq would provide the opportunity to work with head coach Steven Gerrard but would also mean moving a significant distance away from his family at a young age.

Vale was named Chelsea’s academy player of the year in 2022 and was captain when England won the European Under-19 Championship the same year.

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea agree Harvey Vale deal with Al Ettifaq, decision now up to player

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5726031/2024/08/27/Chelsea-harvey-vale-al-ettifaq-saudi-transfer/

harvey-vale-eng-1-scaled-e1724762890622-

Chelsea have agreed an undisclosed fee with Saudi Pro League club Al Ettifaq for the sale of academy graduate Harvey Vale.

As The Athletic reported on Saturday, Chelsea have decided to consider offers for the 20-year-old after loan spells at Hull City and Bristol Rovers respectively in the past two seasons.

Sources close to Vale have indicated that Al Ettifaq have offered a bigger salary than the player is on at Stamford Bridge but he is not going to rush his decision.

The England Under-20 international, who has just 12 months left of his contract at Chelsea left to run, also has a lot of interest from clubs in England and in Europe.

Moving to Al-Ettifaq would provide the opportunity to work with head coach Steven Gerrard but would also mean moving a significant distance away from his family at a young age.

Vale was named Chelsea’s academy player of the year in 2022 and was captain when England won the European Under-19 Championship the same year.

This kid was a massive talent a few years ago. 

Hopefully he's not going over to Saudi Arabia this early in his career. 

33 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

This kid was a massive talent a few years ago. 

Hopefully he's not going over to Saudi Arabia this early in his career. 

39 games 2 goals in League One so far.. Maybe this is his chance of a lifetime. There has been many academy players who seemed to be great talents but ended up as average 3th-4th tier players.. Must be a hard decision, he should feel if there's more in him.

28 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

We didn't even get 33m.. basically recouped our money more or less, complete waste of time.

wtf

we turned down £25m last week

well we still made around £6m profit, but was really hoping for at least £15m