Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Mamardashvili to Liverpool is almost done

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/147993598/mamardashvili-to-liverpool-is-almost-done

c19aaa9d-68a0-4ad8-845b-71e0ae6beb0f_485

For Liverpool, the story of the day is still Giorgi Mamardashvili, because they are closing in on the signing.

Let me say that there is an agreement on the fee between Liverpool and Valencia, €35m plus a loan clause.

So, the contract is okay but there is still work to do between the two clubs on the payment terms and deal structure.

When Liverpool will pay this money? Valencia need it as soon as possible so they can reinvest on the market.

Remember that this deal is for summer 2025 so Mamardashvili will sign for Liverpool now and stay at Valencia on loan for one season.

5875c5fae2425ce5b78351e4e35ff2cd.gif

Nothing will happen with Osimhen until the final days of the window

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/147993598/nothing-will-happen-with-osimhen-until-the-final-days-of-the-window

c69efa8b-3a3b-4bc5-a1cf-eb52a3e0dfd9_354

Guys, I can guarantee that as of today, there is still no substantial update on Victor Osimhen.

I know there are many Chelsea fans that keep asking, but as I keep telling you, Osimhen to Chelsea is only a topic for the final days of the window, not today, not yesterday, not tomorrow, for the final days alone.

Osimhen doesn't want to go on loan, as I told you, and doesn't want to reduce his salary, so let's see if they can find a way, or maybe if some other door could open for Osimhen.

The only club to have an agreement on the contract this summer was Paris Saint-Germain in July, then talks between PSG and Napoli were very complicated, and so PSG left the negotiations.

There is nothing regarding Arsenal’s reported interest from what I know, and it's also not about which team are the favourites to sign him, it's about who can agree with Napoli and with the player.

Let's see what's going to happen in the final days, but at the moment, it’s still quiet.

• Mikel Merino to Arsenal, here we go! Verbal agreement in place for the Spanish midfielder to join the Gunners. €32m plus €5m in add-ons with favourable payment terms. Contract until 2028. Arsenal were closing in on the Merino deal since the end of July, Merino only wanted Arsenal.

• 0b215610-74a6-4e54-887e-7069f624487b_784

Edited by Vesper

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, I like him a lot too. Direct, has a bit of confidence/attitude, works hard and knows where the goal is. For sure, he isn't a technical God but he has developed consistently this year and continues to improve. 

I wouldn't be selling him either. 

I'd also keep him because we need direct players in the squad. Mudryk is direct too, but he's simply nowhere good enough.

I disagree he can become a top player tho; he does not have skill for that.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Maresca has been saying in more than one presser that expects the players to be super dedicated to their training and how their effort has to be top level at all times. It’s what he mentioned yesterday about Noni. 

So imagine what would happen with Sancho who is notoriously poor with this sort of stuff. He seems like the exact opposite sort of guy we’d want.

True.

And on that, there are definitely other players in the squad barring Noni who this applies to also I think - guys who are lazy or poor trainers.

Lets see what happens.

Sancho links maybe down to Maresca-City EDS connection too. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

True.

And on that, there are definitely other players in the squad barring Noni who this applies to also I think - guys who are lazy or poor trainers.

Lets see what happens.

Sancho links maybe down to Maresca-City EDS connection too. 

Any further AM signing would have me seriously worried about how we’d possibly incorporate Estevão and Paez next summer. Especially another younger one like Sancho who is still only 24. 

It’s already going to be super tricky even if we move Sterling and Mudryk. 

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Any further AM signing would have me seriously worried about how we’d possibly incorporate Estevão and Paez next summer. Especially another younger one like Sancho who is still only 24. 

It’s already going to be super tricky even if we move Sterling and Mudryk. 

It’s already going to be more than tricky to integrate Estevao and Paez. Irrelevant of how good they are or aren’t. Before the signings of Neto & Felix - not so much, could see them both coming in, perhaps fighting out for minutes on the right wing with Cole moving centrally longer term. 

Now with Neto, Felix, Noni, Cole, Mudryk, Nkunku… never mind finding minutes for all of these guys. Throw in those 2 next summer and even Angelo who everyone thought was an amazing talent also, cannot tell me there is a plan and pathway for these guys.  

I get Neto probably is a replacement for Sterling. But for these 2 next summer… where do they play? And who leaves? Neto, Noni & Cole all play off the right. All are under 25 so obviously part of the “long term plan” if there is one…

Edited by OneMoSalah

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

It’s already going to be more than tricky to integrate Estevao and Paez. Irrelevant of how good they are or aren’t. Before the signings of Neto & Felix - not so much, could see them both coming in, perhaps fighting out for minutes on the right wing with Cole moving centrally longer term. 

Now with Neto, Felix, Noni, Cole, Mudryk, Nkunku… never mind finding minutes for all of these guys. Throw in those 2 next summer and even Angelo who everyone thought was an amazing talent also, cannot tell me there is a plan and pathway for these guys.  

I get Neto probably is a replacement for Sterling. But for these 2 next summer… where do they play? And who leaves? Neto, Noni & Cole all play off the right. All are under 25 so obviously part of the “long term plan” if there is one…

Yeah, it’s going to get crazy. This season will basically be an audition for Noni I guess. There have already been whispers this summer that we’d listen to a big offer. Unless he has a great season I imagine that he’s going to be the one we move a year from now to make room.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, it’s going to get crazy. This season will basically be an audition for Noni I guess. There have already been whispers this summer that we’d listen to a big offer. Unless he has a great season I imagine that he’s going to be the one we move a year from now to make room.

Perhaps but still means we are overstocked. Even if Noni goes.

We literally need 2 guys, maybe 3 to leave to integrate them 2 guys in and ensure they get decent amounts of minutes. Given both are left footed right wingers too. 

I mean Nkunku and Felix can all play off the left and as a 10. Cole off the right and as a 10. Mudryk plays off the left. Noni off the right. Pedro Neto plays off both sides.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Estevao is not a nailed on starter from day one. He is of slight build and not incredibly fast. His ball control and eye for goal at a young age is amazing. He is going to be going against men that are faster and stronger than he is currently playing against. We need to give him minutes to develop. If he walks in and bosses the league, that would be incredible, but Vinicius Jr took several years to really adapt.