Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 hours ago, ChelseaLover said:

I think Nahuel Molina could be a very interesting signing. He is very offensive and goes up and down all the game. He could replace Reece James while he is injured.

he regressed last season, and AM no longer consider him indispensible

there is this from 4 and a half months ago:

a6a6a61341b13e806a39691d4324abb2.png

I would prefer (assuming we will not go for the very expensive Achraf Hakimi or Jeremie Frimpong):

0fb34ba6413dbe920f518a2730db6006.png564a453cecd00fce33080310eddbea0e.png58737682c540246d73b7859d4ac59239.pngbda8a40b154d1d356d76dd304ef270b8.png64cbfdfe0a061cb094d8c1ed5ebf4b26.png

youth

234096dc7e912c16f5970570ec46446b.png

14 hours ago, ChelseaLover said:

What do you think about Nahuel Molina? 

I saw that Atletico Madrid wanted a transfer as worth as we were willing to pay for Omorodion. And signing a player whose value last summer was near 70M€ (Atleti rejected an offer from Man City of this value) for 35M£ is very juicy

as I showed before, his all time high valuation was 50m euros, he has regressed and is now dpwn to 28m euros

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think we should be saying if they offer between £30-35m for Lukaku… even with no swap deal on the table, that we will look to accept it on the basis that they accept a £50-60m bid in a separate deal for Oshimen.

that literally makes no sense for Napoli

they are never going to sell Osimhen for only £50 or 60m plus dump out 30-35m quid for Rom

that would mean they only get a net £15m to £30m

the Poison Dwarf will NEVER do that

the swap deal, as I recall, was Rom PLUS £58m (with a loan + obligation to buy tossed in or not, that part is all up in the air ATM)

lets say we value Rom at 32m quid

that means we are paying around £90m net on net for Osimhen

The Poison Dwarf was demanding around £120-130m or so for Osimhen last summer

So at £90m net on net, that is a £30m to £40m discount, PLUS Rom's insane £17m a year wages off our books.

That is a fair deal all around, given the circunstances as you ALWAYS take a hit on the valauation of the outgoing player(s) on a swap deal in terms of the lesser valued player(s) 

£90m is €105m

I think the Poison Dwarf (as he looks at things in terms of euros) will take 105m net on net

Osimhen, with 2 years left on his contract is valued at

f6bb950f0f6fae3706366c1cbd2500b7.png

13 hours ago, Mhsc said:

Respect being tossed about is ironic when it is coming from that bloke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lewis#Murder_trial

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis' entourage and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar.

Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and 11 days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated assault charges.

The fight occurred about 200 yards (180 m) from the Cobalt Lounge at 265 East Paces Ferry Road in the Buckhead Village neighborhood about two miles north of downtown Atlanta where Lewis had been celebrating.

The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings was never found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged the blood-stained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant. A knife found at the scene did not have any fingerprints or DNA. Lewis subsequently testified that Oakley and Sweeting had bought knives earlier in the week before the Super Bowl from a Sports Authority where Lewis had been signing autographs. Baker's blood was found inside of Lewis's limousine.

Two weeks into the trial, Lewis's attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, negotiated a plea agreement with the District Attorney in which the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting, and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[29] Lewis admitted he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings (initially telling them that he was not at the scene). Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation.

One year in prison is the maximum sentence for a first-time offender, and the immediate probation was the judge's decision. He was also fined $250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse. Under the terms of the sentence, Lewis could not use drugs or alcohol during the duration of the probation.

Outcome

Oakley and Sweeting maintained that they had acted in self-defense, and after five hours of deliberation, the jury acquitted them of all charges in June 2000. The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV MVP. 

On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached an out-of-court settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, pre-empting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family. 

9 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

They signed a youngster of us, I only know because the lad I work with is a pool fan and hasn't stfu about it 🤣

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

I badly want to laugh hysterically at Liverpool for missing out on their top target mere days before the season starts but we have our own business that can fall through. 😅😅😅

But goddamn, people bitch and moan about our transfer dealings. Look at Liverpool! Don’t think they’ve signed a single player, have they? Their fans are in total meltdown.

plus they just sold one of their best performing pre season players

4657285c795ef551a5807485b119bee9.png

b51e5e35952de7fd6ef86cefd4e5dbf6.png

9 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

They signed a youngster of us, I only know because the lad I work with is a pool fan and hasn't stfu about it 🤣

Rio Ngumoha

and the deal has been stalled for a month

no clue what is going on

25d7dac09e91c6cbbe46a1ce28bbaa17.png

Ngumoha-1024x699-1.jpg

8 hours ago, Thor said:

Samu at least had massive potential. 

I cannot say either way

I am not doing a deep dive on a botched transfer

what I am dismayed about is our CB situation

that alone can wreck us

plus (as always, since we have only Sterling and Mud) our LWer position is not in great shape

and I am still not at all certain about any of our GKers

It is just madness who much we have spent on GKers since Cuntois left and how shit (other than 1 year wonder Mendy) have been

I have NO idea why the fuck we did not buy Mamardashvili

if anyone had any doubts about him, well his Euros performance (CLEARLT the best keeper there, a fucking monster) put paid to those

also Diogo Costa, at just a wee lower level on my list

if we were hell-bent on some sweeper keeper La Liga type, I do not understand why we went for Filip Jørgensen over Álvaro Valles (I assume it was an age thing, as Valles turned 27 three weeks ago, and Jørgensen only turned 22 four months back)

I hope to fuck Jørgensen pans out as I do NOT rate Sanchez to take us to a top 4 level, especially with our CBs letting him get smashed

16 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

It's getting very messy all this now, quite laughable in all honesty

So Gallagher's flight has been booked as per Romano? 

I see every other club lowballing us now as they know Gallagher can walk on a free in 25. 

6 hours ago, Thor said:

They’ve been the most successful team in baseball since they took over. 

yes, in terms of regular season records since 2017 (the first full season they owned them was 2013, they won 90 plus games the first four full seasons)

insane amount of wins, the longest regular season win totals over a 7 year (if you adjust 2020, see below) stretch ever

BUT

only one World Series win, in 2020 (the Covid shortened season) and 2 WS losses, every other time in the 12 and half years of ownership they have lost earler on in the playoffs

Assuming they would have won 100 games that 2020 year (a very safe bet, as they were tracking to 117 wins which would have been the most ever) they would have won 100 or more games in 6 of the last 7 years, plus had 4 straight years of 106 or more wins

not even the great multiple Yankee dynasties did either of thsoe in terms of regular seasons with 100 plus wins (granted 8 fewer games played long ago, before the 1961 season)

they won 111 games in 2022

only 3 teams ever have won more regular seasons games in a single season (granted several more would have won more than 111 had there always been 162 games in a season, there were only 152, then 154 before 1961)

image.png.5f35b46513513c05524f70b4d3a64c3d.png

but

only one WS title, when they really should have had at least 4 or more

that 2022 team set a bad record, their 111 regular season wins is the most for any team to fail to win a postseason series in the divisional era (which started in 1969)

16 hours ago, Mhsc said:

I kind of agree but at the right price I'm willing to give Osimhen a shot. He is a poor mans Haaland but City have shown you can make it work with a great finisher who is a terrible footballer. Honestly my bigger gripe is that he's just another very injury prone player.

I honestly just see VO as an average player. Also, poor man Haaland is a big concern. Haaland isn't technically great so has to be a freak in terms of physicality and desire. Without either of those two he becomes bang average. 

16 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Osimhen is a striker that has outperformed his xG for the past several seasons. In essence, literally every expected goal he receives he puts away. 

We need a finisher. Not a fan of his overall game but he puts the ball in the back of the net and is a threat inside the box. 

This is all well and good, but does he create the same xG in a more difficult league? It is all well outperforming your xG, but if your xG is already poor than that means your ultimate numbers are still poor. 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

I highly doubt we sell him

I am against his sale

But who does he play ahead of? He more than likely doesn’t play ahead of Lavia, Enzo, KDH & Caicedo and 2 of those will be 2 of our MF 3 with Nkunku/Cole. So he will not play regularly. Also not to mention if Gallagher deal collapses. 

Then there is Santos who is on loan, is he not part of the long term plan or is he now another dud 😂? And Casadei? And Veiga can apparently play as a 6 also.

Don’t see him playing regularly at all. So should just sell. Maybe loan. Was a pointless signing in first place - should have went to the sister club in France.

We need to clear space and whilst he can be registered as a u21, if he is rarely going to be involved, why bother?

Edited by OneMoSalah