Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, DDA said:

If Neto stays fit, ooft a much better player than Madueke for me. That is if he can stay fit though.

Glad to see some of us don't have to slate 3very player that comes in. If he stays fit he's class. Massive improvement on what we have 

Jorgensen, James, Tosin, Lavia, KDH, Neto, Nkunku Palmer, Samu

All possibly in the starting XI. We will be a new team altogether this season

Just now, Strike said:

Jorgensen, James, Tosin, Lavia, KDH, Neto, Nkunku Palmer, Samu

All possibly in the starting XI. We will be a new team altogether this season

God forbid if there's another injury crises I think we are better equipped to cope with it now vs last season. 

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

Not praising him. I also think he is average. I was just pointing out that Sanchez is worse and should be the first one sold but for some reason he is being spoken about as our No.1. 

Because of what Maresca needs from the keeper, it makes sense to offload Petrovic.

Neto is a very good player when fit. The problem is keeping him fit. People should also not worry too much about his stats, the guy works his socks off and does all the work no one else wants to do. He'll essentially allow Palmer be the luxury player whilst chipping in. 

As for Noni, he should stay. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

God forbid if there's another injury crises I think we are better equipped to cope with it now vs last season. 

Could use a slimmer squad. There are about 50 players now lol

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Because of what Maresca needs from the keeper, it makes sense to offload Petrovic.

Just out of interest what element of Sanchez's game do you think makes it better for the system?

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I sometimes ask people what makes a professional footballer and, when I do, I mean it as a trick question. The answer is that it takes a contract with a club which people are prepared to pay to watch play. That's it. We are the ones who make the people who work in football professionals. It's hard to imagine Lionel Messi playing on a random local authority park somewhere, but that's where he'd be without us.

Good way of looking at it OFAG. Messi has escalators for his 100m car collection into his apartment -thanks to fans. The lure of fame and money is crazy to the point more than 15 000 children are trafficked into Europe every year with false promise of a trial at PL clubs. Modern day slavery to all intents and purposes

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

We should keep Madueke. 

Just an opinion, like arseholes, we all have them

We definitely should keep him and I'd be baffled if we didn't. Also this season could see his value peak because he will be playing in a system that suits him perfectly.

Personally I'd take all of Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke and Neto into the season, 2 players for each position, with plenty of inevitable injuries between them. Next season we should clear some out to make space for the young superstars we've got arriving, but not now.

We have a LOT of other players to clear out before we look at Noni Madueke.

Just now, Mhsc said:

We definitely should keep him and I'd be baffled if we didn't. Also this season could see his value peak because he will be playing in a system that suits him perfectly.

Personally I'd take all of Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke and Neto into the season, 2 players for each position, with plenty of inevitable injuries between them. Next season we should clear some out to make space for the young superstars we've got arriving, but not now.

We have a LOT of other players to clear out before we look at Noni Madueke.

Agree with that - apart from Sterling

11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Not praising him. I also think he is average. I was just pointing out that Sanchez is worse and should be the first one sold but for some reason he is being spoken about as our No.1. 

Petrovic probably was only brought in because he came from MLS though, well maybe. I mean it looks more and more like it.

Like I don’t see the footballing logic as to why he would have been signed from what he showed on the pitch. He isn’t a more modern ball playing GK as such, has a half decent penalty record fair and had some decent enough games last season but never a number 1. 

Certainly wouldn’t want him anywhere near first 11 if we had a reliable solid first choice who got injured for a prolonged period.

Like imagine having a Courtois or Alisson and they got a 4 month injury and we had to put Petrovic in. Sanchez is the same though too, seen as we recruited half of Brighton’s transfer gurus and he is ex Brighton, the data wankers at the club will love him irrespective of if he is conceding 90 goals a game or 0 goal a game.

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Good way of looking at it OFAG. Messi has escalators for his 100m car collection into his apartment -thanks to fans. The lure of fame and money is crazy to the point more than 15 000 children are trafficked into Europe every year with false promise of a trial at PL clubs. Modern day slavery to all intents and purposes

I had never seen that stat. It's shocking.

Neto is a great signing (slightly on the expensive side, tbh), but it leaves us with more wide options than needed & doesn't solve our goal scoring issues either. Sterling should be one of the names shipped off to make space.

I can't help but feel the board is purposely ignoring the real issues within this squad (reliable CB & CF).

Edited by LAM09

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Petrovic probably was only brought in because he came from MLS though, well maybe. I mean it looks more and more like it.

Like I don’t see the footballing logic as to why he would have been signed from what he showed on the pitch. He isn’t a more modern ball playing GK as such, has a half decent penalty record fair and had some decent enough games last season but never a number 1. 

Certainly wouldn’t want him anywhere near first 11 if we had a reliable solid first choice who got injured for a prolonged period.

Like imagine having a Courtois or Alisson and they got a 4 month injury and we had to put Petrovic in. Sanchez is the same though too, seen as we recruited half of Brighton’s transfer gurus and he is ex Brighton, the data wankers at the club will love him irrespective of if he is conceding 90 goals a game or 0 goal a game.

I don't disagree. I just rather we sell Sanchez than Petro. For sure, maybe sell both but it should go in order that is all. 

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

This Neto signing gives me Cole Palmer vibes. Palmer also came as a surprise and out of nowhere.

Was Palmer really that much of a surprise to people. I saw him a bit in the back end of City the season prior and thought he looked quality - ok not 30+ g&a straight away - but a good signing. 

Neto will live and die by his availability. However, I am happy with him as he was actually one of the players I had on my list as a buy if possible. 

As for the AM's hopefully this is the end of one of the current LW'ers.