Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

51 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

ready for another long season of frustration and crap defending.. woo

Not entirely worried about our defence ATM, Enzo has admitted that since been in the USA they haven't done any tactical training, just more fitness, the tike schedule flying, media promotions he said took up so much time, he's going to work on this is Cobham, so if this is the case we could see improvement quickly.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

How we havent gone out and got a serious CB to replace T.Silva is beyond me.

And people are seriously defending these owners. SMH.

And one is being left in London who's better than Badshit, Disasi and Colwill

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Not entirely worried about our defence ATM, Enzo has admitted that since been in the USA they haven't done any tactical training, just more fitness, the tike schedule flying, media promotions he said took up so much time, he's going to work on this is Cobham, so if this is the case we could see improvement quickly.

You can give them all tactical training you want but you can not teach talent. 
last season we had Thiago whose experience papered over the cracks to some extent still we conceded over 60 goals. All our goalkeepers and most of our CBs are simply not good enough. Sure, they are not going concede 4 goals every other game like in preseason, so there will be some improvement but in the end our defence is what will cost us a CL spot 

And all the purchasing of the likes of Badshit and Disisi this is what you get, exactly what people knew and saw coming, they are simply not good enough, period. Stockpiling shite that then becomes very difficult to move on when they are put on the stage and perform like they have.

We have players like Mudryk that I keep reading about will come good.....he won't and simply why he won't he's mentally weak and fucked, he has pace and that's it, and whoever thought spending the amount on we did tells me again that cunts in charge , like explained above with Disisi and Badshit that thye simply have a head full of fucking WHAM music

Samu will arrive for 35M-  he never played once for Madrid first team or even the reserve team. Gallagher is to be thrown out along with Chabloah, Chilwell, Broja, Petrovic - players who were loyal to Chelsea and wanted to stay. While Lukaku and Kepa who treated Chelsea so badly have been pampered with full pay loans and soon to be sold for next to nothing. 

DDF is seemingly being sold this window as well. It seems far too soon to be doing that, but it's quite clear the board don't have much of a long term goal in place aside from making profit.

So who is this beast of a CB that’s out there who we could realistically buy and instantly shore up the defense? All of you are calling for it but who is there? 

I’m not quite at the panic stage like most Chelsea fans I see on Twitter and elsewhere are about our defense. There were always going to be growing pains in preseason with such a massive shift in playing style. Tbh, I had thought that it would show itself more in attack and possession than in defense but apparently we’ve looked pretty good with the ball? I haven’t watched a single one of these preseason matches.

For right now I’ll put it mostly down to teething issues with the new system. I don’t think Colwill, Tosin etc are dogshit players. 

I’m going to reserve judgement until after the first 3-5 PL matches before panicking. If we concede for fun still then I’ll worry.

29 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So who is this beast of a CB that’s out there who we could realistically buy and instantly shore up the defense? All of you are calling for it but who is there? 

Calafiori was available earlier in the window.   Even Todibo looks a better player than both of the French defenders we have at the club...

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Solanke is off to Spurs by the looks of things, very good signing that

That's an exciting attack to watch next season....whereas we'll just see Jackson/Samu "developing" for another 2+ seasons. 

39 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’m not quite at the panic stage like most Chelsea fans I see on Twitter and elsewhere are about our defense. There were always going to be growing pains in preseason with such a massive shift in playing style. Tbh, I had thought that it would show itself more in attack and possession than in defense but apparently we’ve looked pretty good with the ball? I haven’t watched a single one of these preseason matches.

For right now I’ll put it mostly down to teething issues with the new system. I don’t think Colwill, Tosin etc are dogshit players. 

I’m going to reserve judgement until after the first 3-5 PL matches before panicking. If we concede for fun still then I’ll worry.

Just shame our first game is Man City. Saying that last season was fine against them so long as don't start off with a mad result..

8 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Calafiori was available earlier in the window.   Even Todibo looks a better player than both of the French defenders we have at the club...

Eh. For me, Calafiori doesn’t look like the dominant, commanding CB who settles a whole defense. That’s what Saliba is for them. We need that Saliba type as I think Colwill can be our Calafiori as LCB.

We need an on-pitch general basically like a JT/Van Dijk who keeps everyone organized and in shape. I’m hoping Tosin can become that as he definitely has leadership qualities from what we’ve seen in training videos. But whether he’s good enough remains to be seen.

10 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

That's an exciting attack to watch next season....whereas we'll just see Jackson/Samu "developing" for another 2+ seasons. 

Solanke for 65m? If we'd done that deal, this place would be rioting

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Eh. For me, Calafiori doesn’t look like the dominant, commanding CB who settles a whole defense. That’s what Saliba is for them. We need that Saliba type as I think Colwill can be our Calafiori as LCB.

We need an on-pitch general basically like a JT/Van Dijk who keeps everyone organized and in shape. I’m hoping Tosin can become that as he definitely has leadership qualities from what we’ve seen in training videos. But whether he’s good enough remains to be seen.

Marc Guehi. Available for ~45m going by reports of our sell-on clause

Just now, Strike said:

Solanke for 65m? If we'd done that deal, this place would be rioting

I didn't mention prices, I was simply saying Son, Solanke, Kulu and whoever else they have in Ange's attack will be fun to watch! 

I agree, he's not worth 65m. 

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Funny you say that as JT himself mentioned a few years back about a certain cobham graduate who was showing those signs at youth level *Guehi*....and he's available from Palace as well. 

Its a shame that he's likely going to Newcastle who already have Botman/Schar as quality options. 

11 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Just shame our first game is Man City. Saying that last season was fine against them so long as don't start off with a mad result..

Getting ready for a 5-3 loss to City on Matchday 1 (Palmer going hero mode again!)