Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

53 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Yeah last year he played in the youth team in Belgian second division.

I assume we are scouting him for a long time, cause 20m is a lot of money for unproven goalie.

I wonder if we are also scouting Karetsas, this young (16) Belgian/Greek could be a real gem. 2 years ago he rejected City and Ajax to join Genk from Anderlecht and will be first team member this year.

How good is he? Hearing good things that he's tall, commanding and a good passer. But you hear good things about everyone these days - remembering all the good things said about Gabriel Slonina 

15 hours ago, Pizy said:

If Chalobah or Gallagher played for Everton or Southampton right now and Chelsea were linked to them everyone here would be in total meltdown. Because they’re decent players and nothing more. 

Would Man City/Arse/Liverpool/Real Madrid/Bayern/PSG etc have Gallagher playing for them? Absolutely ZERO chance. Those clubs are playing at the level we should be playing at.

You’d think reading some Chelsea fans that were selling De Bruyne or Xavi. Conor is a “energy and hustle” player. That’s it. He doesn’t fit in a team that wants to play highly technical, quick pass and move football. End of.

Half our squad wouldn’t play for those teams never mind just Gallagher for fuck sakes 😂

If it hasn’t dawned on people now that we aren’t at that level then it never will. We haven’t been for a few years now. People tend to forget that.

And the squad is never going to be good enough unless we flip this transfer approach on its head and recruit some real quality not just potential. 

As a squad player, Gallagher is a very good player to have. Given he was our standout midfielder last season too, £30m is ludicrous. Football is a squad game these days. 

He is a better footballer than KDH from the get go too. Nothing going to change my mind on that. Having 1 good season in the best team in the championship isn’t going to change that, particularly given how average he looked in various PL seasons for Leicester.

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Having 1 good season in the best team in the championship isn’t going to change that, particularly given how average he looked in various PL seasons for Leicester.

Maybe KDH and Maresca were actually close at Leicester and he was keen on following his manager... it's not like we are short on midfielders, guys like Santos, Ugo, Carney were like 20+ million transfers. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Half our squad wouldn’t play for those teams never mind just Gallagher for fuck sakes 😂

If it hasn’t dawned on people now that we aren’t at that level then it never will. We haven’t been for a few years now. People tend to forget that.

Reece, Cucurella, Gusto, Colwill, Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, Palmer could easily go elsewhere. 

The problem is, the rest of the squad is one of the weakest I've seen at Chelsea in a long long time, particularly in key positions such as GK, CB, ST.   We really went from Cudicini/Cech/Courtois to Kepa then to reserve team GK's in Sanchez/Petrovic.   

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Smith Rowe had 2 years left on his deal. Gallagher has 1.

I can see Villa or Spurs matching Atletico's offer this week though. 35m pounds 

That's not the point, Smith Rowe has played like 20 PL games in 2 seasons and yet they get 34 million for him....and we can't somehow get 40 million for Gallagher who is one of the fitter players in the league.   I get his limitations as a midfielder but he's worth more than 35 million. 

13 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

KDH will just be ratter like Gallagher is, ratting about the pitch, limited and a few decent performances but that's that

I actually think KDH will suprise alot on here, he knows this system inside out and plays at the heart of it, I won't be surprised if he has a good season at all.

18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

KDH will just be ratter like Gallagher is, ratting about the pitch, limited and a few decent performances but that's that

He’s a significantly better technical footballer than Gallagher, so I disagree.

25 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

KDH will make no difference to this side what so ever

Alot thought the same about Palmer 

have a watch of this, he's nothing like Connor.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

So now apparently after left footed wingers, gks in the 20m range are clownlake‘s favourite toy of the month

what‘s next, which other position are we already stacked  ? Another young rightback now? No that would make too much sense. Let’s dump another 100m on an average 21 yo DM  

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Maybe KDH and Maresca were actually close at Leicester and he was keen on following his manager... it's not like we are short on midfielders, guys like Santos, Ugo, Carney were like 20+ million transfers. 

We aren’t short on midfielders - exactly! You said it. So why have we signed a player who isn’t a real upgrade on anyone who played regularly in that position last year? For all the moaning about Gallagher, he’s already here and a better player… its not like we signed a top midfielder, its some guy from Leicester who looked very average playing in the PL under Brendan Rodgers. 

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Reece, Cucurella, Gusto, Colwill, Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, Palmer could easily go elsewhere. 

The problem is, the rest of the squad is one of the weakest I've seen at Chelsea in a long long time, particularly in key positions such as GK, CB, ST.   We really went from Cudicini/Cech/Courtois to Kepa then to reserve team GK's in Sanchez/Petrovic.   

A huge % of people (and users here) were saying we should sell Cucurella and that he wasn’t good enough to play here. Now after winning the Euros he is good enough? Maybe not you in particular but there was a huge huge disdain that he was signed for that fee and that he wasn’t good enough. 

There is maybe a handful of quality players in this squad, who have shown it regularly/consistently. Palmer and James really are the only ones who have a realistic chance of playing at most of those teams. And Palmer couldn’t get in the City team…. which is why he left. Levi will be elite for sure one day too but not yet. 

Not having it that Enzo, Caicedo or Lavia in particular would play at those teams. Not on what they’ve done here. For the best part of £300m they have been so average/blown hot and cold (or in Lavia’s case injured) it’s unbelievable. I mean Palmer looked outstanding in one of the worst Chelsea sides of the past 10 years. Why hasn’t Enzo or Caicedo? For me its because they haven’t been anywhere near good enough. 

Not to say that they won’t come very good players who will be at this elite standard (although I doubt Lavia ever will as was always skeptical on hin) but to say that they’d be playing at the level of the likes of Rodri, Vitinha, Rice, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Modric etc to play at these clubs in the other post is for me, a bit laughable.

I agree - GK, CB, CF is still huge issues and will continue to be based on our recent history with signings under Clownlake. Without shadow of a doubt. But 60-65% of our probable 25 squad aren’t gonna be up to the level to be playing at elite clubs in any capacity. And this is with the ownership/directors that believe a 6th place finish wasn’t good enough because “this is a CL level squad”…

Edited by OneMoSalah

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

We aren’t short on midfielders - exactly! You said it. So why have we signed a player who isn’t a real upgrade on anyone who played regularly in that position last year? For all the moaning about Gallagher, he’s already here and a better player… its not like we signed a top midfielder, its some guy from Leicester who looked very average playing in the PL under Brendan Rodgers. 

A huge % of people (and users here) were saying we should sell Cucurella and that he wasn’t good enough to play here. Now after winning the Euros he is good enough? Maybe not you in particular but there was a huge huge disdain that he was signed for that fee and that he wasn’t good enough. 

There is maybe a handful of quality players in this squad, who have shown it regularly/consistently. Palmer and James really are the only ones who have a realistic chance of playing at most of those teams. And Palmer couldn’t get in the City team…. which is why he left. Levi will be elite for sure one day too but not yet. 

Not having it that Enzo, Caicedo or Lavia in particular would play at those teams. Not on what they’ve done here. For the best part of £300m they have been so average/blown hot and cold (or in Lavia’s case injured) it’s unbelievable. I mean Palmer looked outstanding in one of the worst Chelsea sides of the past 10 years. Why hasn’t Enzo or Caicedo? For me its because they haven’t been anywhere near good enough. 

Not to say that they won’t come very good players who will be at this elite standard (although I doubt Lavia ever will as was always skeptical on hin) but to say that they’d be playing at the level of the likes of Rodri, Vitinha, Rice, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Modric etc to play at these clubs in the other post is for me, a bit laughable.

I agree - GK, CB, CF is still huge issues and will continue to be based on our recent history with signings under Clownlake. Without shadow of a doubt. But 60-65% of our probable 25 squad aren’t gonna be up to the level to be playing at elite clubs in any capacity. And this is with the ownership/directors that believe a 6th place finish wasn’t good enough because “this is a CL level squad”…

How can GKs be an issue? Chelsea just bought two 20M+ GKs in the last 24 hours. Jörgensen & Penders