Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

If Kante is available then Man Utd should go in for him honestly (as a club that wont mind paying him £250k+ pw at his age). Immediately give them a world class midfield when you add him to the mix of Ugarte + what they've already got.

The latest reports on the keeper situation are so fucking stupid. Now we’re going to buy a BACKUP to Sanchez when he himself isn’t even good enough? Rather than just going big on a world class keeper and making Sanches the backup? And I guess Petrovic is just discarded like trash after a decent showing last season. A year after buying him.

If the keeper position is viewed as super important to the new manager we should go all out for one that will be between the sticks unquestionably for the foreseeable future. Not this stupid experiment where Sanchez gets to audition for a while and then some new backup we buy replaces him if he sucks. But what happens if this new backup sucks too?

Just buy someone we know we won’t ever have to worry about like the dude from Valencia, ffs.

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

If Kante is available then Man Utd should go in for him honestly (as a club that wont mind paying him £250k+ pw at his age). Immediately give them a world class midfield when you add him to the mix of Ugarte + what they've already got.

Same was said about Casemiro. "Missing piece", "best midfielder in the world", "will give them a title push" 

Edited by Gundalf

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

for 250K? not worth the risk

24 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Same was said about Casemiro. "Missing piece", "best midfielder in the world", "will give them a title pish" 

Casemiro never looked like a good fit for the PL though, and they got him when his legs were gone. Kante is one of the best PL midfielders of the last 10 years and still looks like he's got it. Struggled with injuries for us at the end but who didn't in that period?

Wouldn't want him here now with the money we've invested in midfield already but I am sure Kante would have played all season for us if he were still here last year.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

The latest reports on the keeper situation are so fucking stupid. Now we’re going to buy a BACKUP to Sanchez when he himself isn’t even good enough? Rather than just going big on a world class keeper and making Sanches the backup? And I guess Petrovic is just discarded like trash after a decent showing last season. A year after buying him.

If the keeper position is viewed as super important to the new manager we should go all out for one that will be between the sticks unquestionably for the foreseeable future. Not this stupid experiment where Sanchez gets to audition for a while and then some new backup we buy replaces him if he sucks. But what happens if this new backup sucks too?

Just buy someone we know we won’t ever have to worry about like the dude from Valencia, ffs.

The Lunin story is not being corroborated by anyone

Nizaar Kinsella has reported Filip Jorgensen and Marmadashvili are high on the club's GK list. Petrovic is being offered to clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Nizaar Kinsella has reported Filip Jorgensen and Marmadashvili are high on the club's GK list. Petrovic is being offered to clubs. 

Petrovic should be our back and not Sanchez the only thing is Sanchez counts as HG

1 minute ago, bluesman2610 said:

Petrovic should be our back and not Sanchez the only thing is Sanchez counts as HG

Petrovic is a solid keeper but today, you need a keeper who's much better on the ball. I'm not saying Sanchez is great but if we're keeping one of the two, it should be Sanchez.

55 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah, I’m not talking about the Lunin stuff, I’m talking about Matt Law’s latest report that we’re looking for someone not to replace Sanchez right away but to back him up and perhaps eventually displace him.

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, I’m not talking about the Lunin stuff, I’m talking about Matt Law’s latest report that we’re looking for someone not to replace Sanchez right away but to back him up and perhaps eventually displace him.

It is because the recruiting team have a hard on for Sanchez. When I first saw the headline that we are looking for a GK, my first thought was; 'thank God, maybe the manager can see Sanchez is not starting material'. However, I then found out that some crackhead at the club only wants a back-up for him and will be looking to release the better GK in Petro. Madness. 

Edited by King Kante

Matt Law said everything changed the past 24 hours.

Enzo probably realized during the first week of training what we all realized last season. Sanchez is a liability and Petrovic is at best a second choice option. Since the latter is easier to sell, Petrovic will be the makeweight. 

This next keeper won't be to compete with Sanchez, the next keeper will 100% be the starter. 

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Matt Law said everything changed the past 24 hours.

Enzo probably realized during the first week of training what we all realized last season. Sanchez is a liability and Petrovic is at best a second choice option. Since the latter is easier to sell, Petrovic will be the makeweight. 

This next keeper won't be to compete with Sanchez, the next keeper will 100% be the starter. 

Law states: 

Chelsea are unlikely to target a high-profile No.1, such as Mike Maignan, but are instead in the market for a goalkeeper who can develop and may start the season on the substitutes’ bench before being given the chance to compete with Sanchez.

That does not sound like a 100% starter coming in.

41 minutes ago, King Kante said:

It is because the recruiting team have a hard on for Sanchez. When I first saw the headline that we are looking for a GK, my first thought was; 'thank God, maybe the manager can see Sanchez is not starting material'. However, I then found out that some crackhead at the club only wants a back-up for him and will be looking to release the better GK in Petro. Madness. 

Petrovic was statistically one of the worst keepers in all the major leagues.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Honestly at a loss at how Petrovic last season was considered a decent showing.

He was down there with Kepa 19/20 as far as the underlying metrics were concerned.