Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The Barca president has publicly come out and said they have the money for Nico Williams. The president of La Liga has said the same. I think it’s absolutely classless and insane for them (especially the La Liga boss) to come out and say these things about a player from another club and one who just signed a new contract, btw. But it’s clear they’re going to go for him.

His super close friendship with Yamal and the allure of Barca even in their current state is far too enticing for a Spanish player to turn down. Don’t know why our name keeps getting brought up. There’s no chance he’d choose us over them.

I believe The Athletic over their President’s claims. They have made concessions on who they sign in the last few windows - Oriol Romeu for 3.4 million was their biggest signing last summer. 

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

I believe The Athletic over their President’s claims. They have made concessions on who they sign in the last few windows - Oriol Romeu for 3.4 million was their biggest signing last summer. 

They’ll probably offer to pay in installments over 3 years or something. Whether Athletic accept that or not is the question.

I get the impression that they’re desperate for him as a way of showing they can get back to competing with Real Madrid. He’s their answer to Mbappe. They want a pair of world class wide players like Madrid have. Mbappe & Vini vs Yamal & Williams. 

They’ll further fuck themselves over for a short term boost.

12 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Embarrassing stuff, and they were called out on it before.

He in particular should have cooled on it because you would think having teammates(and friends I guess) who are French players of African descent should have made him think twice about it. Even worse to be livestreaming during it.

It's definitely pathetic to sing about French players after winning Copa but should they even be insulted by this song?

If you ask Mbappe for example...  Is your father from Cameroon? Mother from Algeria? Had relationship with trans person? You have French passport? He would say yes, yes, yes and yes. And he can be proud about all that. 

It is a bit weird that any and all rumors and links with Trev, Broja, etc leaving have all died. There are so many teams that are dying for solid young CB’s and someone of Broja’s profile so I figured they’d be relatively quick, easy sales for us.

Looks like it could be another mad scramble right near the deadline where we’re desperately looking for loan moves for 20 of our unwanted/unneeded players.

3 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Bilbao has said they don’t want to sell Nico and have said they will only accept his release clause in a single payment. That puts us out because of PSR. 

Break the bank for Doue. He is worth it for sure.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Bilbao has said they don’t want to sell Nico and have said they will only accept his release clause in a single payment. That puts us out because of PSR. 

I feel like for the right player we could go big again. Especially if there are still some big outgoings like Lukaku, Kepa, Gallagher, Trev, Broja.

The bigger challenges for us I think are 1) convincing a top player to choose us over the multiple other big clubs that are after them and 2) hoping that they don’t ask for wages of over £120-150k a week.

The transfer fees I don’t think are the problem. 

34 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I feel like for the right player we could go big again. Especially if there are still some big outgoings like Lukaku, Kepa, Gallagher, Trev, Broja.

The bigger challenges for us I think are 1) convincing a top player to choose us over the multiple other big clubs that are after them and 2) hoping that they don’t ask for wages of over £120-150k a week.

The transfer fees I don’t think are the problem. 

Nothing less than £200k will entice a "top player" to join, particularly in Willliams' case as one of the stars of the Euros.

Edited by LAM09

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Nothing less than £200k will entice a "top player" to join, particularly in Willliams' case as one of the stars of the Euros.

I agree. So there’s no chance we’d sign him even if Barca weren’t in the race. 

It's true we can spend big. Most reliable journalist out there Ornstein reported while ago that we are fine after selling hotels. Every player sale is plus and we got close to 90m pounds pure profit just for Hall, Maatsen and Hutchinson. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

Chelsea want to sign Gabriel MEC. I swear i dont understand what's going on here. There is a lot of hype about him in his state, but when i watch his videos, i just cant see why. Is not in any way some special prospect in my opinion.

Edited by Arlen Correa

7 minutes ago, Arlen Correa said:

Chelsea want to sign Gabriel MEC. I swear i dont understand what's going on here. There is a lot of hype about him in his state, but when i watch his videos, i just cant see why. Is not in any way some special prospect in my opinion.

heh just heard that!
He's supposed to be a talent, but he's only turned 16.

He's represented by Neymar's father/family. It could be poaching given that in Brazil players can only sign a professional contract once they turn 16, so until then they are fair game; my understanding is that he has not yet signed that contract.

Edited by robsblubot

Clownlake buying only dross no one proven player  . Guiu , Veiga   don't sound like names for a team that will be in the top four. United , for example, built a football structure and judging by the names they want, they are obviously building something meaningful, while in Chelsea PR is leading how great will be the talents that are taken from South America .