Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Understand Chelsea and Ipswich Town have just signed all docs for Omari Hutchinson permanent deal.

Agreement on package worth £22m fee plus sell-on clause around 25%, NO buy back option.

(Fabrizio Romano)

33 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I would even dispute that in recent years, Pep has won 6 titles in 7 years, the French league has even had one other winner in the same period. Also all 3 promoted teams have got relegated last season.

Even if you point to Villa making the UCL other leagues can one up that with the likes of Bologna and Union Berlin.

Totally agree, we can't even offer the biggest salaries any more either, what Saudi offer makes PL wages look like peanuts, throw in shit weather, no summer break mid season and a 1 horse league races the premier league looks less desirable.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

40 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Good business, shame not to see a buy back but that side of the pitched is stacked for us with emerging talent too.

Best of luck to him.

It doesn't seem like it to me. Leeds reject a bid of £35m~ while we're accepting almost half of that for someone who was key in winning promotion.

12 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It doesn't seem like it to me. Leeds reject a bid of £35m~ while we're accepting almost half of that for someone who was key in winning promotion.

Most likely due to PSR window shutting I would assume. If it's one thing I do trust it's the money side with these guys, mistakes were made initially with wages but I've been pretty satisfied with the financial sums exchanging hands so far. A good example for me is the Olise deal, it pays to walk away from a deal, something we've had our pants pulled down on too often.

Leicester City are close to agreeing a deal to sign Chelsea’s Michael Golding.

The east Midlands club have agreed to sell Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Chelsea and are interested in acquiring Golding in a separate transaction.

A potential deal would not include a sell-on clause or matching rights for Chelsea on any future transfer involving the teenage midfielder — unlike Omari Hutchinson’s imminent move to Ipswich Town.

Via@SimonJonhson

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

I cant get excited by some player that last year was playing in championship 

Thats the thing: just over 1 year ago, a certain 25yo Gyökeres war playing in the Championship as well. And now, people here are willing to pay over 70-80m for him. 

17 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Most likely due to PSR window shutting I would assume. If it's one thing I do trust it's the money side with these guys, mistakes were made initially with wages but I've been pretty satisfied with the financial sums exchanging hands so far. A good example for me is the Olise deal, it pays to walk away from a deal, something we've had our pants pulled down on too often.

If that's the case, I'd rather have had a buy-back clause because if the sell-on fee turns out to be a significant gain, we'll have missed out on remarkable talent.

Did we walk away from the Olise deal, or did he say no because we couldn't offer him CL football, which was key?

46 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

If that's the case, I'd rather have had a buy-back clause because if the sell-on fee turns out to be a significant gain, we'll have missed out on remarkable talent.

Did we walk away from the Olise deal, or did he say no because we couldn't offer him CL football, which was key?

well I think was some of the both things

olise wanted ucl football and we cant afford his demanded wage

Micheal Golding currently having his medical ahead of move to Leicester. #LCFC 

18-year-old will sign 4 year deal.

Understand Chelsea will receive a fee of around £4m 

😒😒

£4m offsetting £30m for KDH, £26m, I'm happy with that. At least KDH knows what it takes to go the distance, albeit in the championship, there are way more positives than negatives on this transfer - Very happy.

Edited by DH1988

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

well I think was some of the both things

olise wanted ucl football and we cant afford his demanded wage

Someone from Olise's 'team' has apparently denied that money was the issue. Reportedly they say the player simply preferred Bayern.

58 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Someone from Olise's 'team' has apparently denied that money was the issue. Reportedly they say the player simply preferred Bayern.

That makes sense. I think people sometimes forget just how big Bayern are. Arguably only second to Madrid in Europe.

5 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Because he is an average over the road player, least Archie was an interesting talent, this guy? A complete meh player and by all means a stop gap, was hoping were done with this crap but nope.

When they sign a 18 year old - "Why aren't they signing a 25 year old for first team"

When they sign a 25 year old - "Why aren't they signing this 18 yo wonderkid"