Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

yeah that'd make more sense if international football contracts were respected the same way they in American sports; they aren't tho. Still the same question tho: why not improve the chances of CL football meanwhile (also does not apply to AM sports).

I dread the day that our top player, say Cole, says that either we take whatever RM offers or he will leave as a free agent like Mbappe just did. And Mbappe on very high wages at PSG--imagine the bitching his agent would've been doing otherwise.

we are on a real path to becing a feeder club for

Real

Citeh

Bayern

PSG

and eventually Barca, once they sort their financials out

maybe Pool, Arse, and Manure as well

thank fuck Inter, AC Milan and Juve are hamstrung by the low money Serie A, especially Inter, who already can block us from buying all the great players they have

I guess there is only one way to say this - most of you on here are a bunch of sad pansies. 

Booohooo a player didn't choose us, so now we are a small club and none of them want to come here because we don't have champions league. 

We aren't turning into a feeder club. We have Paez and Estevao who chose us. We have Enzo Fernandez who chose us - one of the best young players in the world coming off a world cup win. We had Caceido reject Liverpool for us specifically. Lavia? Us over Liverpool. 

Not every player in the world is always going to choose us, just like they didn't when we were at the peak of our powers. 

Edited by Thor

44 minutes ago, Thor said:

I guess there is only one way to say this - most of you on here are a bunch of sad pansies. 

Booohooo a player didn't choose us, so now we are a small club and none of them want to come here because we don't have champions league. 

We aren't turning into a feeder club. We have Paez and Estevao who chose us. We have Enzo Fernandez who chose us - one of the best young players in the world coming off a world cup win. We had Caceido reject Liverpool for us specifically. Lavia? Us over Liverpool. 

Not every player in the world is always going to choose us, just like they didn't when we were at the peak of our powers. 

Fine I will take it; and you are a Pollyanna. 😆

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Let's not forget United had a very off season, which may not be the case come next--same for Tottenham. From what I saw, I honestly suspect Villa's season has more to do with United and Tottenham than their own quality.

I don't understand why this club is OK with these risks; a smaller club can place all bets on promising youngsters and hope for the best, because they don't have any other choice. In our case though, it seems to be very much a choice.

It's evident at this point that the club's approach is just that. Use Football Manager as their basis and hope to strike gold with one of their many purchases.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

we are on a real path to becing a feeder club for

Real

Citeh

Bayern

PSG

and eventually Barca, once they sort their financials out

maybe Pool, Arse, and Manure as well

thank fuck Inter, AC Milan and Juve are hamstrung by the low money Serie A, especially Inter, who already can block us from buying all the great players they have

I've been saying for over a season that we are becoming Dortmund or teams comparable to them. If we do not obtain CL football this season, we will have to adjust to this fact much sooner.

Given the club's current course, I'm not sure how anyone could dispute with that line of thought.

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It's evident at this point that the club's approach is just that. Use Football Manager as their basis and hope to strike gold with one of their many purchases.

At least they've been using an updated database. 😆 We've been linked with every freaking wonderkid out there.

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

he cleary did not want to come here, not last year, and not now

Yeah. It will be tough to get top talent line up to sign for a club that can offer nothing more than conference league football. For two seasons in a row. 

Clownlake have seen to that.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Some fans really just like to moan for the sake of it. The other day someone complained why we didn't get Musiala and Wirtz. That's so unrealistic. 

7 hours ago, mkh said:

Source: Michael Olise was keen to be the highest paid player at #Chelsea, however the Blues are ultimately trying to cut down the wage bill and felt it was out of their range.

[via @NathGissing]

He defo would not have asked to earn more than Sterling and James. I think he would have chosen Bayern even if we did increase our wages to what Bayern were offering. I said before that personally, I feel if he wants to achieve his ambitions and improve to a world class level, he most likely achieves that at Bayern. They need younger attackers, they are the biggest team in Germany and will fight for trophies every season. Kane will be licking his lips, getting on those crosses from Olise. Makes sense. Palace probably offered him a similar amount, as Zaha was on around £200,000 a week and you would say Olise has more importance to Palace than Zaha did when you take in age and general ability. But he wanted out and think football was his primary decision. He should excel over there. It makes sense.

It might be a rough time if these owners are a selling club. Their history with baseball does not really point to that. They bought young players and matured the team. They got really lucky that a couple pitchers caught fire and they moved up fast. I guess we will know in two years if we are a team that got young talent to develop to move up, or if we are on the Brighton plan?

Regardless I will be a Blue. Might be a bitchy Blue, but a Blue none the less.

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Don’t get why they wasted 2 summers trying to convince him. Just shows how arrogant and stupid the sporting directors are. If a player says no and signs a new deal at Palace ahead of coming here, why even go back?

Would take the figures around his salary with a pinch of salt. 90% of the time these are vastly inflated.

Next it will be our board didn’t want to pay him an obscene salary so thats why he turned us down. 

I don't see it that way. We can't match Bayern's offer when we are trying to be disciplined about the wage bill but that doesn't mean we don't try to sign a clearly great talent. 

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Yeah. It will be tough to get top talent line up to sign for a club that can offer nothing more than conference league football. For two seasons in a row. 

Clownlake have seen to that.

Time to retire this theory. Caicedo, Lavia, Nkunku, Mudryk etc signed when there was no European football. 

43 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Wouldn't mind him and Guiu for the same price as that Duran or that Atletico striker.

Guiu has a tiny release clause and is a low-risk signing.  But don't need to spend 30m euros on another young striker. There's Broja, Datro Fofana, Deivid, at the club. Few years down the line we will be trying to shift this fellow for 10 million

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Guiu has a tiny release clause and is a low-risk signing.  But don't need to spend 30m euros on another young striker. There's Broja, Datro Fofana, Deivid, at the club. Few years down the line we will be trying to shift this fellow for 10 million

We're getting a young striker either way rather Beier than clowns like Duran or Samu.