Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

20 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

With the departure of Silva, and the fact our sole leader, Conor, is on a short deal (1y) and doesn't want to talk about any of it does not worry you?

I understand that we did not get any Europe, my point exactly, but don't we want to improve our chances of getting better results when facing more experienced and quality sides? I personally think we were a signing way from getting silverware last season; yes, a small cup, that'd be a great start as opposed to some of you thing -- we did NOT have a great start.

I am worried about roster formation and have been on here advocating for players in their prime. 

But it is offset by having players like Reece back and the knowledge that most of the youngsters have got one season under their belt.

We were also super competitive against the top quality teams last season. 3rd in the 'Big 6' table behind Arsenal and City. 

It is the smaller teams where this squad needed to stay disciplined, be professional and put teams away - that's where we are struggling. And we will continue to struggle unless we make a few signings. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I am worried about roster formation and have been on here advocating for players in their prime. 

But it is offset by having players like Reece back and the knowledge that most of the youngsters have got one season under their belt.

Well we all hope Reece can remain fit; different if we have leaders actually on the pitch for a change.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

We were also super competitive against the top quality teams last season. 3rd in the 'Big 6' table behind Arsenal and City. 

It is the smaller teams where this squad needed to stay disciplined, be professional and put teams away - that's where we are struggling. And we will continue to struggle unless we make a few signings. 

Were we *super* competitive? Every time it counted we lost and we are talking about cups here. Twice! To a depleted mostly reserves Liverpool and a visibly tired City missing their main striker (who was just tired as well).
I'd agree we were competitive (could've won esp against City), but is that really that much an achievement considering the amount spent?
I disagree on the reason we did not beat the smaller teams; for me it's mainly due to lack of quality. The better teams well they "find a way to win" those matches through sheer quality.

Edited by robsblubot

So according to Romano Palace have offered Olise a new contract but we are still favorites due to the offer and terms we have offered and also staying close to him for a year since he nearly joined us last summer.

Get rid of Mudryk and get Eze

2 hours ago, Strike said:

whilst that is true, those 'youngsters' will need to re-learn or adjust to Maresca's playing style....whereas if they had kept Poch, the club could have skipped that part of the process and used the pre-season to see if any of the youngsters/loan players should be considered for the first team squad. 

Going through managers so quickly can really impact young players development and what's the guarantee that Maresca will be able to get the best out of Enzo-Caicedo-Lavia.

2 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

whilst that is true, those 'youngsters' will need to re-learn or adjust to Maresca's playing style....whereas if they had kept Poch, the club could have skipped that part of the process and used the pre-season to see if any of the youngsters/loan players should be considered for the first team squad. 

Going through managers so quickly can really impact young players development and what's the guarantee that Maresca will be able to get the best out of Enzo-Caicedo-Lavia.

I agree but Poch was an average appointment. The rules of continuity that applied to Arteta, Klopp etc don't apply to him. Happy to have made the switch and eager to see what this group of players (with few returning injured players) can do under a serious tactical coach. 

44 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I disagree on the reason we did not beat the smaller teams; for me it's mainly due to lack of quality. The better teams well they "find a way to win" those matches through sheer quality.

It's not just quality, it's also the lack of a focal point up top.  Palmer can also have quiet games and teams will definitely target him next season as they know he's our likely goalscoring threat.  Mudryk/Madueke produce flashes of brillance and then nothing....and then there's Sterling who has regressed badly since his City days. 

I feel Nkunku and a decent experienced striker would help us get over the line against those sides that always seem to get away with points against us.  

3 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I could deffo get on board with this, although I still think there is a player in there still, eze is just great to watch.

Honestly I have no idea what anyone sees in Mudryk, absolute horse shit

19 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Honestly I have no idea what anyone sees in Mudryk, absolute horse shit

He had these moments where u think, there is deffo something inside him,aye it's confidence or he's like Antony, capable of brilliance every blue moon, the jury is still out 

13 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Alverez is the only CF we've been linked to that fits that profile of link up play and playing between the lines. Not sure why Duran is being mentioned. Feel this years transfers are more about playing FFP games to work the system. 

Edited by King Kante

What a wronger ,  you can't compete without top players, managers  you are   not  Brighton who have no standards can afford to farming players for profit you can't do this with top club . Get Out .

29 minutes ago, milka said:

What a wronger ,  you can't compete without top players, managers  you are   not  Brighton who have no standards can afford to farming players for profit you can't do this with top club . Get Out .

I think they want to do a Dortmund here in PL. 

The difference that a Dortmund in PL will be better since PL has more money then Bundesliga. 

10 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

One of footballs longest standing mysteries. Why a big club haven't snapped him up yet. Always rumours of interest in him but don't really see them trying seriously to buy him.