Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

There really isn’t that RvP/Haaland/Diego Costa sort of striker that you are 100% convinced will be the final piece for your team and score 20 or more instantly.

Lautaro Martínez (but he may soon renew after months of it looking unlikely, same for Barella, grrrr)

141 goals for club and country in the past 5 years

and he is still only 26, turns 27 right near the beginning of the EPL season, so still prime years for the next 5, 6 or so seasons (Drogba's best goal scoring year was when he was 31/32yo, for instance, when he banged in 44 for club (37 in the 2009/10 season) and country (7) over a 12 month span)

Lautaro is only 1 year and 4 months older than Osimhen (and also Mbappe, who is 9 days older than Osimhen) and is far more technical than Osimhen (but obviously not more than Mbappe, lol), so likely will age better

these are the top 20 valuation true CFs (I still count Mbappe as a winger)

bold are ones who even are remotely (some almost no chance) available if things break right

Erling Haaland 
Lautaro Martínez  (only available if he refuses to renew)
Victor Osimhen  

Harry Kane
Julián Álvarez 
Alexander Isak
Darwin Núñez  (hard pass)
Dušan Vlahović 
Ollie Watkins

Rasmus Højlund
Gabriel Jesus (hard pass)
Loïs Openda 
Marcus Thuram  
Viktor Gyökeres 
Endrick  
Jonathan David
Benjamin Sesko
Ivan Toney    
Evan Ferguson

Gonçalo Ramos  

IF we pull a CF

I wager it will be one of these of these 5 (we are not going to get Osimhen or Lautaro)

Dušan Vlahović 
Viktor Gyökeres 
Jonathan David
Benjamin Sesko
Ivan Toney   (least expensive, and EPL proven, but also the lowest upside and by far the oldest)

I think the last 2 are the most likely, but I would go for J David

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

IF we pull a CF

I wager it will be one of these of these 5 (we are not going to get Osimhen or Lautaro)

Dušan Vlahović 
Viktor Gyökeres 
Jonathan David
Benjamin Sesko
Ivan Toney   (least expensive, and EPL proven, but also the lowest upside and by far the oldest)

probably will be sesko or gyokeres

happy and confident about both?

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

IF we pull a CF

Dušan Vlahović 
Viktor Gyökeres 
Jonathan David
Benjamin Sesko

Isak would smash it here.

But he is another £100m or more.. 

4 minutes ago, Mário César said:

probably will be sesko or gyokeres

happy and confident about both?

I do not know. Viktor Gyökeres feels like a very expensive dice roll and I doubt we get him anyway. Benjamin Šeško a slightly less expensive one. I was in for him before he became expensive.

I would feel better better if we pulled Toney on the cheap or splashed a bit more and got J David.

If Villa weren’t coming off of a top 4 finish I’d say Ollie Watkins would be a great signing as our new striker. But much like Newcastle with Isak, Villa as a club will be thinking that they’re “here to stay” as a regular top 4 contender and would never in a million years sell him.

But as Newcastle found out and as many “smaller” clubs that get UCL football once in a blue moon find out, once you have to juggle so many games and competitions it’s very hard to get back the following season. I think Villa finish WAY lower next season.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

If Villa weren’t coming off of a top 4 finish I’d say Ollie Watkins would be a great signing as our new striker. But much like Newcastle with Isak, Villa as a club will be thinking that they’re “here to stay” as a regular top 4 contender and would never in a million years sell him.

But as Newcastle found out and as many “smaller” clubs that get UCL football once in a blue moon find out, once you have to juggle so many games and competitions it’s very hard to get back the following season. I think Villa finish WAY lower next season.

If we'd beaten Villa at home in October, we'd now be the ones making plans for the upcoming Champions League campaign. 😞 

If it’s a straight fight for Sesko between ourselves and Arse I don’t think he’s choosing us. This ownership seems to want players on lower wages than the insane ones we used to hand out so o can’t see us offering a salary that would blow Arsenal’s away like we might have done in years past. Them having CL football + being a ready made title contender that he he can instantly slot into will probably make them more attractive. 

So if he goes there our options become even more limited in an already scarce striker market.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

But as Newcastle found out and as many “smaller” clubs that get UCL football once in a blue moon find out, once you have to juggle so many games and competitions it’s very hard to get back the following season

They also had injuries to their starting GK, CB and many other squad level players...

To be taking on UCL + PL (solid top 4 run), you need some proper depth in your first team squad.  

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I think Villa finish WAY lower next season.

Depends on if Emery can keep the core group together and then add some depth.  I feel like they did have a decent run this season with PL and the European league competition (getting to the latter stages, not having enough to get past the eventual champions).  I'd still expect them to be around the top 6...

City/Arsenal will be the top 2, if Slot figures it out quickly Liverpool shouldn't be dropping from top 4....that leaves us, Spurs, Villa, Newcastle and United battling for the 4th spot. 

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Them having CL football + being a ready made title contender that he he can instantly slot into will probably make them more attractive. 

So if he goes there our options become even more limited in an already scarce striker market.

I'm sort of surprised that we're not linked to any experienced strikers (in that Giroud/Demba Ba mould) who could come in and put in a decent shift and take the pressure off Jackson/Palmer/Nkunku (as he gets fully fit). 

Posted (edited)

Want to spend more efficiently? I hope this is a joke. Why not do that from day 1? Absolute helmets. They literally are just winging it.

I mean how has it has taken them the best part of spending £1bn to realise they should look to spend more efficiently? And even more so, surely having gone from 3rd place to 12th place to 6th place during the 2 and a bit seasons of their ownership they could have seen that throwing money at something doesn’t always work? No? 

Was their whole mantra when they came in not that they felt Roman had spent too much money in a unsustainable way on players, wages & agent fees also? Honestly cannot wait for these to pack up and fuck off 😂

Edited by OneMoSalah

We’re probably gonna get some striker that most of us haven’t really heard of from a small club. Someone who is super young and unproven.

Which is of course the opposite of what is needed.