Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

I don't fully get the hype around Sesko, but I guess he is a decent finisher, tall and athletic so it is always good to have an option like that in the squad if you look at it from a squad building PoV. Maybe I'm harsh but to me he reminds me of Morata and we all know how that worked out here.

He is actually quite poor a finisher. Reminds me of Broja. Tall, fast, strong but always has his head down and slow to react and adapt, poor anticipation. He is not a whiney little princess like morata but also less technical 

I’m also not all that impressed with Sesko. And that’s even watching his YouTube highlights where almost anyone can be made to look amazing. Looks kinda clumsy.

Still think the Swedish striker from Sporting would be the best fit for us. 

55 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I see one of the most commonly talked about areas that we are targeting is a new LB. But I’m hearing zero talk at all about Chilly or Cucu being moved on. So do we actually need a new LB? And if so, why not just bring back Maatsen?

Maatsen situation is out of our hands - he has release clause, we can't force to keep him. Though with new manager he might be coninced to stay.

Saying this with Cucu, Chilwell (and Colwill and Gusto for very bad scenario) I don't get why LB should be our priority this summer. I would pump that money into getting good CB. 

12 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Maatsen situation is out of our hands - he has release clause, we can't force to keep him. Though with new manager he might be coninced to stay.

Saying this with Cucu, Chilwell (and Colwill and Gusto for very bad scenario) I don't get why LB should be our priority this summer. I would pump that money into getting good CB. 

Looks like Dortmund are approaching Chelsea to negotiate without triggering the release fee. Maybe they can't afford it and need to make the payment in a different structure. Source : Fabrizio 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Looks like Dortmund are approaching Chelsea to negotiate without triggering the release fee. Maybe they can't afford it and need to make the payment in a different structure. Source : Fabrizio 

Dortmund is in the CL final, and 35 million is nothing these days. 

They can get fooked and pay a record fee for him. Cheap bastards.

I don’t believe the gk rumours as of yet. We have to sell here if we want to get a new one in. We have 4 senior gks under contract all of which are varying degrees of average. Diogo Costa is talented but looks like Kepa 2.0 to me if we pay his release clause he will have that chip on his shoulder and be on a downward spiral after his first mistake. 
no 1 priority should be CB which is crazy given the huge amounts we spent on that position the past few years but that could be said about every position. 
Tosin in or not we should be looking for a ready made wc CB in his prime. Not many of those around but we need to get as close as possible before we even think about selling Trev. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Strike said:

Not a very reliable source but first links for Diogo Costa

If City sell Ederson to Saudi, he will go there. Although he is s good GK he isn’t an upgrade on Ederson if City get him.

Edited by OneMoSalah

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I am a huge believer in Sesko, mark my word if we miss out and he goes to Arsenal we will regret it.

What do you see? 

I've watched a little and he just doesn't strike me as anything special. Maybe I'm missing some traits of his.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

I see one of the most commonly talked about areas that we are targeting is a new LB. But I’m hearing zero talk at all about Chilly or Cucu being moved on. So do we actually need a new LB? And if so, why not just bring back Maatsen?

We need his pure profit for the books

33 minutes ago, Thor said:

What do you see? 

I've watched a little and he just doesn't strike me as anything special. Maybe I'm missing some traits of his.

Size, pace, dribbling, hold up, work rate, finishing(need more consistency but the variety is there)etc. I see everything you need to be an elite striker.

Once he realizes he is 6’5 and be aggressive in the box he is going to be a monster.

42 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Size, pace, dribbling, hold up, work rate, finishing(need more consistency but the variety is there)etc. I see everything you need to be an elite striker.

Once he realizes he is 6’5 and be aggressive in the box he is going to be a monster.

With his physical assets he could certainly develop into a beast of a player... But so could lots of people. It is not like he's going on a £30m release clause like when we took a punt on NJ.

We could certainly do a lot worse, I'd certainly be much happier if we got him than if we got Osimhen, I just don't really see it as an improvement to the squad if the tactical setup is what I think it is: holding midfielder, two 8s, wingers hugging the touchline, and a 9 who stretches the backline, with at least one fullback inverting for numerical superiority in midfield.

In that setup when we have NJ (who I would see as really great for that role) we also have Nkunku who suddenly has to also probably compete for the 9 spot as we wont be playing with a SS. Dunno then why we need to go for a striker at all unless there is a very special opportunity in the market - but people might think I'm crazy...

9 minutes ago, Mário César said:

noooooooooo

PSR is a problem as well if we want to be in the European competition we need to balance the books. Conor Trev and probably Hutchinson will be sold for profits