Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Posted (edited)

880eaf68368da65a6a1dd5601ccacfdf.png

https://football-observatory.com/WeeklyPost464

The 464th CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the outfield footballers whose performances have had the greatest impact during the 2023/24 season in 54 leagues around the world. The impact score was calculated by taking into account players’ performances in six areas of the game, domestic league minutes and results. The highest value for any position was recorded for Manchester City's Spaniard midfielder Rodri.

Another midfielder, Switzerland's Granit Xhaka of German champions Bayer Leverkusen, comes second. For the other positions, the highest impact scores were measured for Portuguese Rúben Dias among centre backs, his teammate Kyle Walker among full backs, Germany’s Florian Wirtz among attacking midfielders, England's Bukayo Saka among wingers, as well as Argentina’s Lautaro Martínez among centre forwards.

Outside the big-5, the highest impact values per position were measured for Olivier Boscagli of Dutch champions PSV Eindhoven for centre backs, Saud Abdulhamid of the Saudi side Al-Hilal for full backs, his teammate Sergej Milinković-Savić for defensive or central midfielders, Rafa Silva of Benfica for attacking midfielders, Johan Bakayoko of PSV for wingers, as well as Viktor Gyökeres of Sporting CP for strikers..

Impact Score ranking, by league

Domestic league matches, season 2023/24 until 14/05/2024.

d0fd4cd46bd3827769fb006613dae4cc.pngcb5e6986cfd0c81ab42042f3aab4755b.pngf93bc61c612946649e78c84a2045f975.pngb480c2e7a43d36d7d41b872b2a6420ba.png573ff9fc9433b22843bba48efba84309.png
Edited by Vesper

11 hours ago, Strike said:

Yeah but plenty of options is all.

I like what I'm hearing from the club. CB, LB, ST

I haven't heard of any real takers for Chilwell or Cucu just yet, so I'd be making sure players are going out the door before bloating the squad more than it already is. Also, I feel like a reliable goalscoring winger is a must, as it's highly unlikely Palmer will match his current numbers next season.

7 hours ago, lluubbeenn said:

Leao will be crazy expensive and a bit of a gamble. My shout for LW is Pedro Goncalves from Sporting. I see a bit of Bernardo Silva in him, but on the opposite side of the pitch. I don't quite understand the LB and CB links. We need to offload players in order to sign someone. Our defence lacks consistency and protection. Settled midfield can help with the latter and fit Colwill and Fofana with the former. 

Best case for this summer is finding solutions for our unwanted players(e.g. Lukaku, Kepa, young players on loan) and buying 2-3 experienced players ready to lead. We managed to do that in 2014 with Luis, Fabregas and Costa. We can have the same impact with Goncalves, Osimhen and a veteran midfielder to hold as a squad option. 

I really believe Colwill can have similar season to Saliba 2022/23 and build from there. There is a lot of optimism around the squad, but we can not afford to sign the wrong players, as we MUST be comfortably top 4 next season. 

I think almost every player is a gamble when you are bringing players to a new league. Leao is a calculated risk and is someone who gives me Mbappe vibes to a lesser extent, of course. Buying attacking players from the Portuguese league is something I'd rather stay clear about, which is why I'm not crazy about links to Gyökeres despite his form. 

I totally agree with the rest.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Would be good money if we get 50m for him.

I would keep Conor as he shown he definitely has uses and defensively helps unlock Caicedo as seen in recent weeks. However I’ve just seen that sterling wants to leave for regular playing time

Edited by bluesman2610

17 hours ago, King Kante said:

Personally, I would rather a GK than a LB as Cucu has been decent enough this season - for me it is better to try and get a another decent season out of him then we may be able to claw some money back. 

As for CB, I am going to stick my neck out and say I want Silva. I know he is still super young, but there is something about him - although I do worry a little about him aerially in the PL. 

As for CF, I am not sure who is out there. VO seems like a receipe for disaster and that Sporting kid needs to show a lot more than one season, imo, to start being valued at £100m. My ideal CF to buy would be Alverez from City but that is never happening. If we try and stay in the league and go budget, my choice would be Callum Wilson, but I am not massive fan of his - I just think he would be the best bang for buck. 

I don't think he is that good. I have watched him closely this season and even when he has played up front in place of Haaland, he has not really stepped up. He may be a better finisher than Jackson but don't see anything particular in him as to how he would lead the line better. I personally think if you stick him in another team apart from City, he would look more out his depth.

Posted (edited)

If we qualify for Europa League and we are so close that would be great but some other problems will arrive and it will be really interesting to see how we gonna handle them. 

I'm talking about number of matches potentially next season. 

Premier League 38 games and last round is on 25th May 2025.

Europa League just like Champions League is changing format so instead 13 games so far you needed to play to go all the way now that number is 15 or 17 if we have to play play off incase we don't finish top8 in new system. 

Good thing is no more replay matches in Cups but still if you go all the way that is 6+6=12 games. 

So this is potentially 67 games and on top of that Club World Cup for a whole month starting 3 weeks after PL finishes. Potentially 7 more games. 

That is 74 games maximum. 

Better not to have injury problems like last 2 seasons. We gonna need big squad with available players. 

Also 25/26 season is going to start early August because of World Cup 2026 where again a lot of our players are going to be involved. 

So biggest question is how we approach pre season and preparation for 25/26 season?

Normally players get around month vacation after season ends and come for pre season. Even when there is a World Cup or EURO and some player reach final he gets 3 weeks off and is late for pre season or miss it completely. 

But let's assume we reach final on CWC.

3 weeks after PL finishes tournament starts 

Full month tournament 

3 weeks between final and first PL game. 

This is not individual player or two but full squad so have no idea how we gonna manage to give players at least 3 weeks off plus be completely ready for all competitive games which always takes pre season and a couple of weeks preparation. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

Chelsea now want to sign “Heir of Cafu” for just £6.2m with proposal made

https://Chelsea.news/2024/05/Chelsea-now-want-to-sign-heir-of-cafu-for-just-6-2m-with-proposal-made/

20240514-164155_1996306_2871_1.jpg_55468

Chelsea are being linked with yet another teenager as they continue to build for the future by grabbing all the top young talents around the world.

They look to be close to pulling off a deal to sign the next biggest thing coming out of Brazil, winger Estevao Willian. And now they are being linked to another 17-year-old rising star.

According to ESPN Brazil, Chelsea are prepared to offer £6.2 million to acquire 17-year-old right-back Pedro Lima from Série B club Sport, with Pedro initially being loaned to Strasbourg in the first season.

Chelsea’s other club Strasbourg have been taking on a number of the young talents that Chelsea have, and they will be taking on more next season no doubt. Winger Angelo and midfielder Andrey Santos are already currently on loan at the French club from Chelsea this season, and it is possible that they stay there and spend next season on loan as well.

It is seen as a tactic for the future so they can have a bunch of the top players in the world, but will not have to splash out millions to acquire them with them already being on Chelsea’s books.

The next Cafu

578f24d2859f5041a721041789803ed6.jpgdownload.jpg

pedro-lima-en-el-duelo-entre-brasil-e-in

Cafu of course was one of the best ever right backs to play the game and was one of the best ever players to play for Brazil during a golden generation for them.

Chelsea have apparently already made a proposal to sign the youngster in a deal that would see him arrive at the club this summer and then join Strasbourg on loan.

Lima has been a regular throughout the Brazil youth national teams and recently played at the U17 World Cup for them.

Let’s see if Chelsea can get this one done.

1aeefe142af71788def995f7232ff377.png

18 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

I would keep Conor as he shown he definitely has uses and defensively helps unlock Caicedo as seen in recent weeks. However I’ve just seen that sterling wants to leave for regular playing time

I will still sell Conor. He had one good season and I'm stilling not impressed that he takes our team wc level. I rather we get chances to other younger players we have. I had high hopes for Santos 

Maybe he can take his place new season? 

And then sell Connor and use that money to buy a better defense. 

33 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I had high hopes for Santos 

Maybe he can take his place new season? 

Santos needs another loan before playing first team at Chelsea. 

35 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I will still sell Conor. He had one good season and I'm stilling not impressed that he takes our team wc level. I rather we get chances to other younger players we have

Our team isn't anywhere near WC level.  Even with Conor's flaws, he's still helped us get to a decent position this season and it's not a bad thing to have an academy player in the first team.   

With Nkunku now back and hopefully fit and ready to hit the ground running from day 1 next season, with Mudryk steadily coming on, and with Palmer & Madueke on the right side we shouldn’t even be considering bringing in another wide attacker. That’s even if we can move Sterling on which I’m skeptical about.

Once we sign this Estevão kid well then have an INSANE group of supposed wonderkids in the pipeline that should be ready in 2-3 years time. Signing some ready made winger this summer would just stand in the way of of these guys. Tbh, from what I’ve seen of Omari Hutchinson I wouldn’t be against bringing him in right away to replace Sterling. He looks special.

Assuming all of our current squad is fit over the summer the only areas we should be laser focused on brining players in are a striker and top class CB. Both attacking and CM should be the furthest thoughts from the club’s mind. 

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

With Nkunku now back and hopefully fit and ready to hit the ground running from day 1 next season, with Mudryk steadily coming on, and with Palmer & Madueke on the right side we shouldn’t even be considering bringing in another wide attacker. That’s even if we can move Sterling on which I’m skeptical about.

Once we sign this Estevão kid well then have an INSANE group of supposed wonderkids in the pipeline that should be ready in 2-3 years time. Signing some ready made winger this summer would just stand in the way of of these guys. Tbh, from what I’ve seen of Omari Hutchinson I wouldn’t be against bringing him in right away to replace Sterling. He looks special.

Assuming all of our current squad is fit over the summer the only areas we should be laser focused on brining players in are a striker and top class CB. Both attacking and CM should be the furthest thoughts from the club’s mind. 

Madueke ain't top. 

Was a good buy improve a bit and we should sell when a offer comes in.