Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 21/02/2024 at 07:03, robsblubot said:

Dunno I like good players... isn't he one?

people here are never happy. if we signed tomorrow prime messi there would be some moaning i bet.

btw im surprised gimenez is not talked about more.

On 22/02/2024 at 06:47, Strike said:

Just stay away from young players for a while. 

Yeah we a team that lacks consistency in terms of performance and some actual proven quality yet folk want to keep signing young players who are just as likely to dip and need time to develop as opposed to looking for ready made quality. Its a weird one.

16 hours ago, whats happening said:

people here are never happy. if we signed tomorrow prime messi there would be some moaning i bet.

Can you blame them? With the amount of big money flops we've had over the years, its normal for us fans to have PTSD when ever we are linked with a big money striker. 

18 hours ago, whats happening said:

Gimenez from Atletico? With his injuries he would fit like a glove

33 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

There is a decent market for strikers this summer compared to last. 

Is there really? Its pretty much the same as it always has been the last few seasons. Particularly compared to last summer where it seemed to be clubs chasing a lot of young/unproven players who could become top strikers as opposed to actual top strikers.

Barring Kane to Bayern and Benzema to Saudi, did anyone else actually sign a top quality number 9? I don’t think so. Likes of Holjund and Ramos are players who could be good CFs but nowhere near top quality yet. And cost a shit tonne of money.

Barring Oshimen and then Toney this summer, I don’t really see any top/good options being realistically available (Mbappe - lets assume he is 100% a Madrid player).

Then we have the likes of Gimenez at Feyenoord, Gyokeres at Sporting, Ferguson at Brighton & Sesko at Leipzig - are all very much in the same mould as Hojlund and Ramos - they could be very good strikers but they aren’t yet. And will cost premium prices because there isn’t enough realistically attainable top centre forwards. My favourite 2 that has been mentioned for seasons is Latauro Martinez and Dusan Vlahovic, both players who haven’t wanted to leave Inter and Juventus for seasons. Yet people still think we can sign them 😂

33 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Is there really? Its pretty much the same as it always has been the last few seasons. Particularly compared to last summer where it seemed to be clubs chasing a lot of young/unproven players who could become top strikers as opposed to actual top strikers.

Barring Kane to Bayern and Benzema to Saudi, did anyone else actually sign a top quality number 9? I don’t think so. Likes of Holjund and Ramos are players who could be good CFs but nowhere near top quality yet. And cost a shit tonne of money.

Barring Oshimen and then Toney this summer, I don’t really see any top/good options being realistically available (Mbappe - lets assume he is 100% a Madrid player).

Then we have the likes of Gimenez at Feyenoord, Gyokeres at Sporting, Ferguson at Brighton & Sesko at Leipzig - are all very much in the same mould as Hojlund and Ramos - they could be very good strikers but they aren’t yet. And will cost premium prices because there isn’t enough realistically attainable top centre forwards. My favourite 2 that has been mentioned for seasons is Latauro Martinez and Dusan Vlahovic, both players who haven’t wanted to leave Inter and Juventus for seasons. Yet people still think we can sign them 😂

Think these 4 in particular have really stood out this season. Last summer you couldn't name anyone other than Osimhen or Kane it felt like. 

Guirassy

Openda

Gyökeres

Gimenez

We are truly in the era where the market price for anyone that can put the ball in the back of the net to be ridiculous. Aiming closer to 150m for strikers that have a track record behind them. 

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think these 4 in particular have really stood out this season. Last summer you couldn't name anyone other than Osimhen or Kane it felt like. 

Guirassy

Openda

Gyökeres

Gimenez

We are truly in the era where the market price for anyone that can put the ball in the back of the net to be ridiculous. Aiming closer to 150m for strikers that have a track record behind them. 

Guirassy is the most established out of them you listed but I think its still unlikely he is going to be that effective at a bigger team or even a regular starter. I think if he was good enough, for his rumoured release clause £15m, some bigger teams would of made a move for him in January..

Openda is one I forgot, consistent goal record everywhere he has been apart from Belgium when he first turned pro. Leipzig will be rubbing their hands together when it comes the time to sell but I doubt it’ll be going after 1 season.

The prices being bandied about for potential top CFs is borderline ridiculous. I mean Gyokeres is valued at near £90m and he played for Coventry over a year ago. No doubt, we will be the stupid cunts who pay it and think we got a good deal out of it. Like with Mudryk, Caicedo, Fofana, Cucurella and even Fernandez.

Still the list doesn’t seem much better or different from last summer at all. There was Kane, Osimhen followed by the likes of Holjund, Goncalo Ramos, Kolo Muani. Barely any standout top top CFs. Same again this summer, barring Osimhen, maybe Toney who is the bracket below then the could be top top CFs in 2 or 3 years

Edited by OneMoSalah

roflmao

fuck off

The next £100m transfer battle? Arsenal join Chelsea in pursuit of prodigious Brighton hitman Evan Ferguson

Brighton striker Evan Ferguson is reportedly being monitored by Arsenal ahead of a possible summer transfer, with Chelsea showing interest as well.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/-arsenal-join-Chelsea-in-pursuit-of-prodigious-brighton-hitman-evan-ferguson/blt2ffab56a14fb4f80

8ca41746642fb9a9ce54714fec8c78bc.png

49 minutes ago, Vesper said:

roflmao

fuck off

The next £100m transfer battle? Arsenal join Chelsea in pursuit of prodigious Brighton hitman Evan Ferguson

Brighton striker Evan Ferguson is reportedly being monitored by Arsenal ahead of a possible summer transfer, with Chelsea showing interest as well.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/-arsenal-join-Chelsea-in-pursuit-of-prodigious-brighton-hitman-evan-ferguson/blt2ffab56a14fb4f80

8ca41746642fb9a9ce54714fec8c78bc.png

Clownlake whenever Brighton are involved:

1492457013_1407444717_1395316956_11pq2f_

3 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Can we please sign someone with a footballing brain and technical ability.. i swear if we sign another braindead pace merchant.. i will lose all hope of our scouts

Lautaro Martínez    Centre-Forward

Florian Wirtz    Attacking Midfield    

Lucas Paquetá    Attacking Midfield

Rafael Leão    Left Winger

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia    Left Winger

Frenkie de Jong    Central Midfield