Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

If Ugo is rubbish then it really doesn’t say much for Santos or Casedei as Poch decided to loan the pair of them but retain Ugo after evaluating all 3 in the States. 

Think selling Gallagher would be a huge mistake as well. Potential to drive a wedge between Poch and the footballing department too if the club try force him out the door despite Poch wanting to keep him.

It is unbalanced but I think Caicedo has to do some adjusting to play the role Poch seems intent on using him as. Or switch the system entirely. I think the 433 with Connor, Enzo & Moises worked better than this 4231 malarky with Palmer and Nkunku as a 10 in front of the pair of either Connor or Enzo & Caicedo. 

Poch hasn’t exactly been doing a great job and has been making comical lineup selections every week. 

Our CB situation is kinda weird:

Silva - regressing, can show moment of class, but you can clearly see we should move on from him, saying this he is still our best CB

Disasi - average at best, his main asset is being healthy

Badiashille - after injury he is terrible, hope he will regain his form from last season (even though I think he is overrated, but it's my opinion)

Colwill - playing out of position as LB, hasn't shown anything special, bad defensively, so basically is huge question mark how would he play as CB

Fofana - injured for the season, huge question mark whether he will ever return to proper level,

Chalobah - injured, propably will leave us soon, and also nothing special besides being Chelsea homegrown

Gilchrist - young and inexperienced

On loan:

Bashir Humphreys - plays regularly in Championship, I have no idea whether he is good enough for us.

So we have many CB players, but noone world class modern CB.  We are suffering badly cause no defender can properly play out of the back. That's why we are looking at ball playing CBs like Todibo.

On 31/12/2023 at 18:21, lucio said:

Dembele wanyama pivot slapped , 2 physical beasts and dembele in particular was world class. 
we need an experienced powerhouse in there , or someone like palhinha for sure 

K Thuram looks like an excellent ball carrier 

Caicedo looked the part, talented, quality, etc. But not for 120m. Never worth 120m. Not singe midfelder is unless we talk about Xavis, Lampards, Modric, Kante level. And NEITHER of those still ever cost that. Zidane, Bellingham were expensive but they score and save games on their own. 

Caicedo is just like any other you mentioned, a part of the midfield, a cog. Quality one, but still not one to win/save you games.

We should simply walk away from these players who cost fortunes. Kepa, Fofana, Mudryk, Caicedo, Morata, etc etc etc all can be found elsewhere. Unless you can get Mbappe or Bellingham you dont overpay. Even Arsenal getting Rice isnt the answer, its not just us. Look at most expensive players in the world, most flopped. 

There is maybe one player we can get that is worth 100m and thats Osimhen. And even then, if the scouts did their job, they would find alternative like Santiago Gimenez, Gyokeres or whoever they think will fit this team. 

Hopefuly the board learned their lesson.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Wow manure never learn do they

Speaking of terrible biz. They will agree to loan back sancho to Dortmund and subsidise a major stake of his wages . Kagawa, mikhytaryan now jadon. Has a transfer from bvb to manure ever worked out? 

Looks like Maatsen is on his way to Dortmund. I also suspect Broja and Trev will be up for sale towards the end of the window as well if we can find a buyer and Trev gets fit. Broja may survive if we do not get another CF or Poch doesn't have enough faith in moving Palmer/Nkunku to the F9 role when required. 

Maatsen might do well there , seems like Dortmund have good scouts.

chalobah isn’t the best but I wouldn’t say he’s worse than Disasi, at least he has some pace to recover. 

5 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Silva has been my co-number one rated truly available (so I am not counting Ruben Dias, Ronald Araujo, Saliba, De Ligt or Marquinhos) right-footed CB for some time, along with Bremer (this coming summer 2024 is the last time I can say Bremer is perhaps truly worth BIG money, as he turns 28yo next season and it makes less sense to drop huge money in summer 2025 on a player who turns 29 in late winter of that season, most CBs are NOT like Thiago)

I do wager it will be hard to get either to come here with no CL, but who knows

right footed CB targets

Bremer 
António Silva
Giorgio Scalvini
Jean-Clair Todibo
Mohamed Simakan
Ousmane Diomande
Leny Yoro (18yo)

On 31/12/2023 at 22:51, lucio said:

Dembele wanyama pivot slapped , 2 physical beasts and dembele in particular was world class. 
we need an experienced powerhouse in there , or someone like palhinha for sure 

K Thuram looks like an excellent ball carrier 

There was no better powerhouse mid in the market than Caicedo. There is a beast of a player in there and he just hasn't been anywhere nearly as good as he was at Brighton. It is up to Poch to figure out how he should use Caicedo best. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

There was no better powerhouse mid in the market than Caicedo. There is a beast of a player in there and he just hasn't been anywhere nearly as good as he was at Brighton. It is up to Poch to figure out how he should use Caicedo best. 

I just think it was pretty poor squad planning to let 200+ games of experience walk out the door for minimal transfer fees and then put 200+ million into 2 talented but very young midfielders without any experience around them. 

I feel bad for both Caicedo and Enzo as they'll never live up to the price tags that were paid for them.   When you spend 100+ million on a mid, you're expecting goals or assists or something special every single game (like a Hazard or Bellingham or even at a stretch a motivated Pogba).