Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

How come you didn't have that opinion about Mount? I see majority think they are similar players. 

Mount is considerably better on the ball and way more of a goal threat , despite being not that great 

40 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I think a rounded winger with good skill *and* high work rate is a rarer player than a center mid like Gallagher, but that's just me.

Both are number 8. They've been played other positions a lot tho. 

‘I’ve played midfield my whole life,’ said Mount. ‘I’ve varied between playing a bit more forward in a No.10 position but I always kind of see myself as a No.8.

Edited by NikkiCFC

8 minutes ago, lucio said:

and way more of a goal threat 

Idk, Gallagher had season with 8 PL goals in Palace which is better than 3 of 4 Mount seasons here. And Mount played last 2 and a half seasons in Chelsea in front 3. 

I'm surprised with Gallagher lack of goals in Chelsea. Next week we celebrate one year since Mount last goal. 

32 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Both are number 8. They've been played other positions a lot tho. 

‘I’ve played midfield my whole life,’ said Mount. ‘I’ve varied between playing a bit more forward in a No.10 position but I always kind of see myself as a No.8.

Agree to disagree here: midfielder != center mid. 🤷‍♂️ Always saw him playing on the left wing myself... yes, he dropped back, which is the tactical thing I like about these players.
I do see the value of having a workhorse winger in the mould of Oscar/Mount--even or esp as an option for certain games. Silverware seems to like that type of player as well.

Whether the player sees himself as a n10, well all midfielders see themselves as a n10 who owns the midfield and the team. 😆We employed him in the right position and the right way: CL agrees.

Edited by robsblubot

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

I don think gallagher is good enough for a old classic Chelsea. 

he is good enough for now but we are seeing the worst Chelsea of the last 25 years

if we sold gallagher and we get palhinha thats fine for me 

good point. It's all relative isn't it?

Like if we wanted to be champions, which implies our midfield would need to have players as good as the ones who got silverware, then no, he's not the answer for the starting XI.

In the current situ which means we will need another 1-2 transfer windows to become competitive again, then maybe we can keep him and see how he develops.

On the other hand, getting someone experienced like Palinha might help the team, and in turn, the development of the younger players. He's a guy who can control tempo and is physically strong, which IMO is a weakness the team has atm.

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Poch vs the board already:

There's no such thing as Chelsea youth player, unless it's a Boehly-Clearlake certified Chelsea youth player.

Posers probably want to replace all of the previous regime's players with their own signings, and also make a profit on the way.

Edited by Blue Armour

In all seriousness, it's because Clearlake want everyone to sign those ridiculous long term contracts, and Gallagher (rightly so) has second thoughts about it.

These long term contracts remind me of how NBA player Scottie Pippen re-signed a long term contract with the Bulls, when he came on as a rookie, and then stayed stuck with a lower than deserved salary for a long period of time. 

Clearly that's why Clearlake want our players to do the same.

Edited by Blue Armour

7 hours ago, Mário César said:

I don think gallagher is good enough for a old classic Chelsea. 

he is good enough for now but we are seeing the worst Chelsea of the last 25 years

if we sold gallagher and we get palhinha thats fine for me 

Another defensive mid? We should get a mid who's good going forward. Odegaard-lite

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

That's a player I would accept selling Gallagher for. Musiala.

world class players likely will no longer come here

why the hell would Musiala leave a top 3 club in the world for one who may end up 10th to 15th or so in the LEAGUE?

Same I fear for Osimhen, Wirtz, Leão, Kvaratskhelia, Hakimi, Xavi Simons, Alphonso Davies, Kimmich, Nuno Mendes, Lautaro, Dušan Vlahović, Bremer, Barella, Diogo Costa. Oblak, Mike Maignan, António Silva, Bastoni, Giorgio Scalvini, Frimpong, Theo Hernandez, Nahuel Molina. Federico Dimarco, etc etc

Boehly has destroyed us (no CL, probably for years, and if the Roman illegal money shit blows up, we may well be forcibly relegated down the road)

the more I see the full picture, the more distraught I am becoming

we will be lucky as fuck to grab Toney and Mamardashvili

cannot see anything better at those 2 positions coming here

we are well fucked for fullback and centre back recruitment

winger too

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Kudus, btw

if you posit a 4000 minute season

is tracking atm to 30 goals, 5 assists, all comps

But bloated by 3 goals in EL quali and some more vs inferior opposition in EL and EFL cup. Not sold on him yet. I think for once we made the better deal with Palmer 

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

we will be lucky as fuck to grab Toney and Mamardashvili

cannot see anything better at those 2 positions coming here

we are well fucked for fullback and centre back recruitment

winger too

Toney is ass. Isn't better than Jackson. 

Give the boys time. 

Mamar is good choice.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

world class players likely will no longer come here

why the hell would Musiala leave a top 3 club in the world for one who may end up 10th to 15th or so in the LEAGUE?

Same I fear for Osimhen, Wirtz, Leão, Kvaratskhelia, Hakimi, Xavi Simons, Alphonso Davies, Kimmich, Nuno Mendes, Lautaro, Dušan Vlahović, Bremer, Barella, Diogo Costa. Oblak, Mike Maignan, António Silva, Bastoni, Giorgio Scalvini, Frimpong, Theo Hernandez, Nahuel Molina. Federico Dimarco, etc etc

Boehly has destroyed us (no CL, probably for years, and if the Roman illegal money shit blows up, we may well be forcibly relegated down the road)

the more I see the full picture, the more distraught I am becoming

Half those players are worse than what we have here. 

We have some mismatched pieces trying to fit and learn how to play together. Takes time. 

Y'all can't even give Poch 17 games before calling it quits - and he hasn't had a full roster the entire time.