Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Exactly how i felt about Caicedo, this is too much money for a player that doesn't alter a game at an elite level. 

Caicedo is not a 6

this twitter rando Felix has been consistently wrong on so many things/predictions (far beyond just Caicedo)

and he is obsessed with slating Caucedo for months and claiming he is a bog standard 6

Ivan Toney and more strikers on the move

It’s an important moment for many strikers, even though nothing is happening now. In January and in the summer there will be a lot of movement of strikers, and one to watch is going to be Ivan Toney. My information is that Brentford know that the player wants to leave in 2024, we’ll have to see if that will be in January or next summer, but we know that Toney appointed a new agent because he wants to try a new experience at a top club.

Many clubs have asked about Toney, including Italian clubs, but staying in the Premier League is the priority of the player. Chelsea are well informed on the situation of the player, but also Arsenal are well informed on the conditions of the potential deal. Both clubs asked for information, let’s see if other clubs will join the race, but for the moment I can guarantee that both Arsenal and Chelsea have shown this interest. Still, it’s important to clarify that Arsenal have not decided yet how they want to act in January in terms of strikers.

Of course, nothing will happen with Toney now, nothing will happen next week, it will take time to see the price tag and all the conditions of the deal, so fans need to be patient, because many things can happen on this story, but it is one to watch because the idea of the player is to try a new chapter in 2024.

Another striker to watch in 2024 will be RB Leipzig’s Benjamin Sesko. He scored his first Champions League goal last night against Young Boys and has long been regarded as a top talent, and at every single Leipzig game there are scouts from top clubs monitoring him, especially from England. His progress is being monitored, let’s see what will happen, though not in January for sure, but in summer 2024 or 2025. The price tag is impossible to say now as he only joined Leipzig 60 days ago, it's not something evolving now, but one to watch in the near future.

Lautaro Martinez spoke today and revealed that many clubs were interested in him in the summer, but it was never a topic because he always wanted to stay at Inter Milan. I’ve already reported that Chelsea turned down the chance to sign Dusan Vlahovic, and Martinez was also never an option for Chelsea because after paying Inter big money for Romelu Lukaku they were cautious about doing a similar deal. Martinez would have been super expensive, and now he is going to discuss a new contract with Inter very soon.

In other news…

Julian Nagelsmann - German DFB now close to completing the formal agreement to appoint Julian Nagelsmann as new head coach of the national team. Details are being discussed on the salary as he will take a pay cut — Bayern are prepared to terminate Julian’s contact.

Jadon Sancho - There have been no further updates on the Sancho situation yet, we’re still waiting for it to be discussed and clarified. In terms of potential January signings out wide, it would only be guessing right now. Man United are not working on it at this stage, but of course if Antony and/or Sancho are still not available, it could could be the case that they would look at strengthening in that position.

Antonio Nusa - Chelsea tried to approach Club Brugge in the final 48 hours of the summer window for Nusa but the player didn’t want to move. Nusa wanted to stay and focus on Brugge. For sure Chelsea will keep following him but I’m told there are four or five clubs in the race, it’s absolutely open.

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Bayern Munich will compete with Real Madrid to sign Chelsea captain and England full-back Reece James next year. (Fichajes - in Spanish)

If he goes away he will never miss another game in his career. He will become iron man. 

In all honesty, if we start getting it together somewhat, I don't think he will want to leave. Just my take. Definitely not to Bayern. German league is so meh. 

19 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Buy him now, complete the transfer in January.

Don't see us being a serious contender for Toney unless this slow start improves. He will be a regular at Chelsea or Arsenal but Arsenal are playing much better football, creating more chances. He would want to go there to get a shot at making the England Euros team than come here I reckon. Its the logical choice without considering the money

Thoughts on those Chelsea links with Habib Diarra

Chelsea have been linked with Strasbourg youngster Habib Diarra - he’s a very talented young midfielder, Senegalese-born but a French youth international, who’s wanted out of the club after impressing in the last year or so. He doesn’t necessarily see his long-term future at Strasbourg, but the ownership have been loathe to sell a player with such significant potential.

I think this is where the Chelsea link has come from, due to their Strasbourg connection, it’s a way to move the player within the club ownership model and to continue to allow him to develop.

We haven’t for the moment seen too many players moving back and forth between Chelsea and Strasbourg, but Angelo has made a good start to life in Ligue 1 since joining on loan from Chelsea. A potential worst-case scenario could be that he moves to Chelsea and that’s one way to do a deal, though there was also significant interest in Diarra from Lens during the summer.

Diarra is on a pretty lengthy contract, until 2027, so that’s not a big concern for Strasbourg, but one concern is the value of that contract as he’s developed so much since signing that deal, so that needs to be re-valued and re-negotiated. That puts them in a tricky position as he now aspires to play regular European football, so Strasbourg might have to consider doing a deal with Chelsea to keep him in the group.

Still, I wouldn’t say he’s ready for a big move like Chelsea just yet. I think his development would be better served by staying in Ligue 1, but we’ll see if this situation is resolved by January because at the moment it’s a bit of a concern for Strasbourg.

Chelsea

• Pochettino: “The team is performing well and we are missing many key players — but I’m disappointed because many teams with less score more. That is why we feel bad. The players deserve more. Yes, Conor Gallagher could be a captain. Nicolas Jackson is gonna be a great player. I spoke to him as he had four yellow cards only for talking with the referee… and he’s a striker. He understood. He is young, he is going to be a fantastic player but he needs to be calm and relaxed.”

• Pochettino on the owners and directors feelings: “We are talking with the sporting directors, they are supporting the project. They are not disappointed because we have similar feelings about the project. We have to work hard, all together — we all want to win.”

• Pochettino: “Why is Thiago Silva here? Because he wants to stay here — as he stayed here because the club wanted him, they extended the contract. Thiago knew the project very well when he extended...”

• There’s been a significant update regarding Trevoh Chalobah’s Chelsea future. All the details here.

Lautaro Martinez - Lautaro is very happy at Inter, and Inter love Lautaro. He is the club captain and they will discuss new deal very soon. Talks will take place in the coming months. In the summer there was absolutely nothing as after losing Lukaku and Dzeko, for Inter it was impossible to consider selling Lautaro for any fee.

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/137342627/in-other-news

Chelsea

• Mauricio Pochettino on comparison with Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea: “Thomas Tuchel arrived in a different project, in a project that was already built. We arrived here in a project where the principal guide was changing, that’s why it’s different.”

• Pochettino: “Nicolas Jackson is gonna be a great player.” - Full story here.

Just now, Vesper said:

Lautaro Martinez - Lautaro is very happy at Inter, and Inter love Lautaro. He is the club captain and they will discuss new deal very soon. Talks will take place in the coming months. In the summer there was absolutely nothing as after losing Lukaku and Dzeko, for Inter it was impossible to consider selling Lautaro for any fee.

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/137342627/in-other-news

You can forget about all those fancy players no one will consider us as a option. Come January if ivan tooney has to choose between Chelsea or Arsenal in the January transfer window he wont think twice 

Xavi Simons continues to make a superb impact in the Bundesliga: one more assist yesterday to make it five assists and three goals in four games. …and also, MOTM in RB Leipzig’s first UCL game. PSG got Xavi’s green light in Jul

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/137342662/rb-leipzig

2 minutes ago, Amad_diallo said:

You can forget about all those fancy players no one will consider us as a option. Come January if ivan tooney has to choose between Chelsea or Arsenal in the January transfer window he wont think twice 

list of CFs who are remotely available (some maybe not for us though, they may not come to  our hot mess atm)

some are huge dice rolls

Victor Osimhen   
Dušan Vlahović  
Jonathan David  
Ivan Toney  
Evan Ferguson  
Ollie Watkins
Santiago Gimenez
Benjamin Šeško

Youssoufa Moukoko 
Taiwo Awoniyi  
Patrik Schick 
Evanilson   
Gift Orban  
Mathys Tel 
Boulaye Dia
Hugo Ekitiké  
Terem Moffi   
Adam Hlozek 
Marcos Leonardo
Gaëtan Laborde 
Karim Konaté
Serhou Guirassy 
Viktor Gyökeres
Jhon Córdoba  
Kauã Elias  (youth)

On 25/09/2023 at 02:51, Amad_diallo said:

Its a damn shame that there aren't a transfer market for owners,  this is a nightmare. I want Roman back please

I think this is really a cop out excuse given results so far. 

Reality is - people said Enzo and Caceido would transform our team. We got massive targets we wanted, we have experience, and there is quality there. People are seeing the results as is, and act like we haven't got a team worth jack. It just isn't the case. 

If we want to look at things properly, we were in massive decline for a while now. Go look at our results, scoring, and league finishes since our last title. Roman got out at a great time from a saving his narrative perspective. We had some horrible transfer windows to finish things off. This lot has made their mistakes, but rectified it pretty quickly. Overspent on some? Sure. But they ended up getting the massive targets most wanted on here - and did the best job I've seen of getting rid of deadwood. This is almost inarguable. 

Is it a big change with lots of hurt along the way? Seems so. But sometimes its better to pull the bandaid off fast, feel the pain, and recover quicker after that. It really isn't all doom and gloom like some make it out to be here. I'm guilty of it too when our games are on and we're struggling, but a few things fined tuned and we're going to be on a better path. 

I'm just not going to sit here and pretend we don't have quality and experience. RJ, Silva, BC, Enzo, Sterling, etc have all won the biggest competitions in world football. Caceido and Gallagher are experience PL footballers. Disasi is an experienced footballer. 

Fickle, fickle fans who have been spoilt rotten, and we've been fortunate to have won that CL title two years ago that smoothed over and made things look better than they were from a club heading downwards perspective. We deserved the title, but what I'm saying is, we were't close to winnings leagues, and were suited to being a cup team that could make it happen on the day.

If you don't believe me about the fickle fans, and that includes all of us btw, not singling out - look at all the people that were happy with the signings, didn't want Felix and Vlahovic, and are now saying - can't believe we didn't sign them. Its damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fans never take the time to look at causation/correlation type shit. They just look at the end result and scream bloody murder. 

Ownership is the least of the problem. They've come in and invested. They've shown they want to keep investing if they do make a mistake. What the current situation tells me is we were going rotten a while back with shitty transfers, being on the downslope, and being poorly managed, and its all come to a head. City and Barca have had the best model of continued success and they have done it with multi club models and creating consistency in style of play between youth and senior. That takes some time, but ownership look to be doing that on an even grander scale.

We were fortunate we had shitty play at times masked by nice results, where as now its transitioning the other way. Talks of relegation are asinine btw. We'll be fine. There is so much quality on the pitch.

Edited by Thor